Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why does BP have a video camera broadcasting live but can't stop the oil spill?
The oil spill is clearly a setup to create "Obama's Katrina" 2 28.57%
It's just a coincidence that BP has a camera broadcasting live right next to the oil spill 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 07:40 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
If you did it on purpose, yes, accident no jail.....just a civil fine.
bp withheld video evidence on purpose. they had video of the leaks the first day they sent rov's to the leak sites they said i didn't matter how much oil was leaking from the well.. the first vid was released 23 days later, that's when outside experts determined that more than 5000 barrels of oil a day were coming from the leaks.. bp is criminal for that, it was a big cover up.. they need to erect some gallows in the middle of times square so neck snapping can be heard by the public

here's link to live feed..WKRG.com Live Oil Spill Cam - live streaming video powered by Livestream
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 08:10 AM

698 posts, read 1,509,732 times
I didn't realize everyone on city data was a certified expert in underwater drilling and oil rig disaster cleanup.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:00 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
My complaint is that we are calling it a "spill" in the first place. Yes! It certainly is spilling over beyond bounds, but let's refer to it with terms that really hit the severity and horror of it for what it is...

It's a damned puposely induced "Rupture"
It's a human caused" Volcano" of pollutants that should not be let loose upon the environment
It's a massive "Open Wound" spewing forth a vile substance that we should and would not have been lusting after if this nation's populace had any common sense and less greed
It's a man made Gaping Hole" erupting a substance that should remain in the earth's core for all eternity instead of wreaking havoc and destruction on the eco-system.

All this to enrich a few.
All this to pacify the masses that drive over sized vehicles that should never have gotten past the drawing board.

I'm just waiting for the nitwits to say that this catastrophie is not man made and is as natural an occurrence as global warming.

At risk are such endangered species as Kemp's ridley sea turtles and the Atlantic bluefin tuna, as well as the Gulf of Mexico's 8,300 other creatures from plankton to birds. The contamination, some say, is likely to undo years of work that brought some wildlife, such as the brown pelican, back from the brink of extinction.

http://freeinternetpress.com/story.php?sid=25896

Old 05-31-2010, 09:40 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Can anybody explain how BP has a video camera broadcasting live the oil spill in the bottom of the ocean,
but they are unable to find a way to stop the oil from spilling?

BP Oil Spill Cam: Watch Live Online - TIME NewsFeed
BP did not want the camera to be shown to the public. It was for their own use. The government made them put the feed on line.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:51 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
All that you are saying is that they were forced to make their live video feed public.

My question is...
how are they able to place a camera next to it that provides a live feed, but can't figure out a way to stop the oil leak "because is too deep in the ocean"
Because there is nothing a human can do at that depth. The water pressue at the depth is thousands of pounds per sq inch. It would crush anything that was not equally pressurized inside and no human could stand that kind of pressure. A submarine cannot go that low with humans in it. Nothing can.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:09 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo
All that you are saying is that they were forced to make their live video feed public.

My question is...
how are they able to place a camera next to it that provides a live feed, but can't figure out a way to stop the oil leak "because is too deep in the ocean"
How do you think they got the well there in the first place? They have to have live cameras down there to use the robotics necessary to drill. Aside from that, the live camera isn't pushing back with enormous pressure the way the oil gusher is---apples and oranges. This poll is too simplistic to answer.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:24 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Can anybody explain how BP has a video camera broadcasting live the oil spill in the bottom of the ocean,
but they are unable to find a way to stop the oil from spilling?

BP Oil Spill Cam: Watch Live Online - TIME NewsFeed
So it can be monitored?

I does not take an elaborate, carefully planned "setup" to make 0bama look bad, you can do that just by allowing 0bama to comment on the police checking out on a call from a concerned citizen in Cambridge, MA, that it appears as if two men are trying to break into his neighbor's home. Or you can just inquire about 0bama's bowling game, if you want to have him act like an insensitive jerk off and buffoon.

Edit: Oh, and if you really want to make 0bama look stupid, uncaring, out of touch and partisan, just give him something that requires action, leadership and executive responsibilities, that he cannot just demagogue his way out of, for example, a natural disaster like a 500 year flood in Tennessee or a once in over a 100 year oil spill.

Last edited by Wapasha; 05-31-2010 at 10:39 AM..

Old 06-03-2010, 07:56 AM

87 posts, read 174,920 times
First, I give BP credit, they did find oil, but this never ending rhetoric about plugging the hole -- well the hole is unplugged and leaking pretty bad boys and girls. There is a lot of pressure behind this leak, I think it's time to think about something different than a plug. My idea is a siphon tube.... Here's what I'd do and how I'd try.

I'll use 1 pipe coupler slightly over sized to slide over the original pipe. Add 1 inflatable bladder/skirt connected to said coupler to inflate and compress coupler to pipe. Connect a siphon hose as big as the original pipe to coupler and run to the surface for collection. If there is no restricted flow from the break to the surface, there is no pressure to fight against. Deal with the pressure at the surface by letting the oil flow into tankers. So much time and effort to stop a leak, so sad.BP, you got to come up with something, might as well try my idea. Sometimes simple IS better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies