Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:31 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Exactly! Two of my brothers are Federal agents with the Border Patrol(they are Hispanic), and they cannot stand what has has been happening here on our side. If people really knew how Mexico really treated their illegals, hell they'd be protesting in the streets claiming Human Rights violations. Why do that though, when we can have the Mexican President come over here and denounce the US and be applauded for it by the left? Yeah, the more and more time goes on, the more this Arizona law is looking pretty good
My personal feeling is that Obama should have told Calderon to go to hell- in diplomatic terms. Calderon needs to go back to his country and clean up his own cesspool instead of wanting us to take all his excess labour off his hands. We need to tell Mexico that we are not going to be their employment agency anymore. Yes, we should amnesty those here BUT after that, no more. None.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 09:32 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
If your Mexican brother came here to work a filthy hot job that none of us would touch and he even has children born here who have lived here and attended school all their lives, I would hope that you would stand with him and help him become a legal American. Like I said, I am against people sneaking in. But we should help those already here who work hard and are not criminals. The USA is supposed to be a country that tempers justice with mercy and moderation. We can solve this problem once and for all without hurting millions of Mexicans that live among us.

Dude, go back and READ some of my old posts. My family DID come over here and made a better life for themselves. They also became LEGAL the right way. They didn't hide in a van or swim across. They didn't pay a coyote either. Myself and all of my brothers were in the US military, we all joined law enforcement and we all promised that we would UPHOLD the laws of the land. Got that? Understand English? If you want it in Spanish, I can do that for you too....

Old 05-22-2010, 09:39 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
If your Mexican brother came here to work a filthy hot job that none of us would touch and he even has children born here who have lived here and attended school all their lives, I would hope that you would stand with him and help him become a legal American. Like I said, I am against people sneaking in. But we should help those already here who work hard and are not criminals. The USA is supposed to be a country that tempers justice with mercy and moderation. We can solve this problem once and for all without hurting millions of Mexicans that live among us.
The problem is there are many jobs that the illegals are doing that Americans did before the invasion and would do again if they were not outbid by the illegals. If they came here to work, they had no right to bear children on this soil if they knew that they might get caught and deported back to mexico. that is the chance that they took to get out. They are adults and should handle the consequences of their actions. The US takes in more immigrants than all other countries combined, provided that they do it the legal way.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:41 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
My personal feeling is that Obama should have told Calderon to go to hell- in diplomatic terms. Calderon needs to go back to his country and clean up his own cesspool instead of wanting us to take all his excess labour off his hands. We need to tell Mexico that we are not going to be their employment agency anymore. Yes, we should amnesty those here BUT after that, no more. None.
furthermore, the mexican first lady should have taken the name and phone # of that big mouth 2nd grader and offered to take her and her mother back on the Presidential plane back to mexico.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:46 PM

177 posts, read 256,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hideandseekforever View Post
Uncle Toms huh? See what I mean? I guess Latinos should all do exactly as the Latino thought police say....or ELSE! Watch out or they'll snatch up your Latino membership!
When a white person adapts another culture, like the Black or Native or Asian culture, their own people see them as "n-word lovers" or traitors. When Blacks, Natives or any other culture adapts "American" culture, they are the "nice" and "good" ones.

Chances are, those "hispanic speakers" are descendants of Spaniards who were born in the "third world" country and see the others as "beneath" them. You see this attitude all day long on spanish TV networks like Telemundo and Univision.

Those networks are owned by white people, NOT TRUE MEXICANS. Mexico's government is run by white people.

Aside from that, a small group of "hispanics" means NOTHING! It's just like the 4 African American speakers at the Tea Party rally... THEY MEAN NOTHING!

To these people I remind them to remember Dathan, the Pharoah's little bootlicker... didn't the ground open up and swallow him?

Old 05-22-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borikua View Post
When a white person adapts another culture, like the Black or Native or Asian culture, their own people see them as "n-word lovers" or traitors. When Blacks, Natives or any other culture adapts "American" culture, they are the "nice" and "good" ones.

Chances are, those "hispanic speakers" are descendants of Spaniards who were born in the "third world" country and see the others as "beneath" them. You see this attitude all day long on spanish TV networks like Telemundo and Univision.

Those networks are owned by white people, NOT TRUE MEXICANS. Mexico's government is run by white people.

Aside from that, a small group of "hispanics" means NOTHING! It's just like the 4 African American speakers at the Tea Party rally... THEY MEAN NOTHING!

To these people I remind them to remember Dathan, the Pharoah's little bootlicker... didn't the ground open up and swallow him?

Yes, their REAL MEXICANS, as is my family(straight from Sinaloa)......We welcome Spaniards too....We don't discriminate Entienda usted que?

Old 05-22-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
furthermore, the mexican first lady should have taken the name and phone # of that big mouth 2nd grader and offered to take her and her mother back on the Presidential plane back to mexico.

Perfect

Old 05-23-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
The problem is there are many jobs that the illegals are doing that Americans did before the invasion and would do again if they were not outbid by the illegals. If they came here to work, they had no right to bear children on this soil if they knew that they might get caught and deported back to mexico. that is the chance that they took to get out. They are adults and should handle the consequences of their actions. The US takes in more immigrants than all other countries combined, provided that they do it the legal way.
That is not true. Maybe in a few cases but for the most part Americans are not interested in doing those jobs which involve heavy manual labour or working out in the weather. The illegals generally replaced blacks- who used to do those jobs because they could get no other work- and teenagers- who used to do those jobs before affluent parents were able to buy them clothes, cars and all the other things that we used to have to work for on weekends and during the summer.
Like I said I am TOTALLY AGAINST people sneaking into the country. They are those who hire them need to be dealt with harshly. But there are those who are here, have put down roots here and even have children born here. We enticed them here with jobs. They work hard, stay out of trouble and try to live as we do. We need to give them a chance at citizenship.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Dude, go back and READ some of my old posts. My family DID come over here and made a better life for themselves. They also became LEGAL the right way. They didn't hide in a van or swim across. They didn't pay a coyote either. Myself and all of my brothers were in the US military, we all joined law enforcement and we all promised that we would UPHOLD the laws of the land. Got that? Understand English? If you want it in Spanish, I can do that for you too....
OK for you but can you really blame those who jumped the fence? They lived in a corrupt cesspool with no hope of a good life and here we are holding out the promise of a job and a better life if they will just jump over that fence. Even a starving dog will jump a fence if you hold out food on the other side. It was US- mainly US business people- that enticed them to come here. So don't you think that we should show some mercy for them and give them a shot at citizenship?

Old 05-23-2010, 01:26 PM

317 posts, read 404,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
That's not funny at all, it's extremely bigoted and offensive.
I never believed in political correctness. Why sugar coat things? If you can think of a more appropriate term, I'd be willing to entertain it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies