Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 06:33 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,028,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
I think Bush is to blame as well. This all goes back to the secret energy meeting Cheney had with the execs of these companies. Voluntary compliance of safety regulation was what Bush was all about.

You betcha.
Don't confuse them with facts. They might short circuit. Actually, that would not be a bad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 06:37 PM

37,743 posts, read 40,800,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
Because Dodd's retiring and doesn't have to be re-elected anymore he'll be assigned to say all of the stupid stuff none of the other idiots can say without harm to their political careers..

Old 05-26-2010, 06:50 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,118,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Don't confuse them with facts. They might short circuit. Actually, that would not be a bad thing.
Facts eh? Please then, have at it. Show us the facts how this is Bush's fault.

You people just never stop.

And to the others, lets stop "blaming". This oil spill isnt Bush's fault. Its not Obama's fault. The response isnt Obama's fault either. We had an explosion that killed 11 people. Oil gushing 5000 feet below. This isnt exactly something that is easy to be taken care of. Could Obama handled it better at the beginning? Sure. But there wasnt anything that couldve been done with out technology that wouldve stopped the leak right away.
Same goes for Katrina. Bush's response couldve been better. But the left argues its Bush's fault people died because they refused to evacuate. Heck, they pretty much blame Bush for the levees breaking and for the hurricane. The state response sucked and the idiots who chose to stay met a tragic fate that couldve been avoided.

I dont agree with blaming a single person for incidents like this. Just because that person is President, it doesnt make them God. Mistakes will be made and response will not always be the best.

I could say since the left and the media and hollywood, blamed Bush for Katrina and went as low as saying Bush let it happen because he "hates black people", that im going to do the same to Obama over this. I wont because its not right. It wasnt right during Katrina, and its not right now to do it to Obama.

That being said, I cant stand Obama and I have developed a borderline hate for the man. His beliefs, policies, and ADMITTED desire to transform America **** me off to no end. But I wont jump on him for something that isnt his fault

Old 05-26-2010, 07:23 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,249,468 times
Dodd should be in jail and not on our TV sets.

He is a criminal law breaking scam artist and has no right blaming anyone for anything with all the problems he has caused the American people over the years.

Maybe is Dodd would not have scammed so much money from everyone we could pay for the clean up rather easily.

Dodd should be in jail period.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:24 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,249,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Because Dodd's retiring and doesn't have to be re-elected anymore he'll be assigned to say all of the stupid stuff none of the other idiots can say without harm to their political careers..

He is only retiring to protect himself from being tossed in jail for all his years of criminal corruption.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:29 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,028,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Facts eh? Please then, have at it. Show us the facts how this is Bush's fault.

You people just never stop.

And to the others, lets stop "blaming". This oil spill isnt Bush's fault. Its not Obama's fault. The response isnt Obama's fault either. We had an explosion that killed 11 people. Oil gushing 5000 feet below. This isnt exactly something that is easy to be taken care of. Could Obama handled it better at the beginning? Sure. But there wasnt anything that couldve been done with out technology that wouldve stopped the leak right away.
Same goes for Katrina. Bush's response couldve been better. But the left argues its Bush's fault people died because they refused to evacuate. Heck, they pretty much blame Bush for the levees breaking and for the hurricane. The state response sucked and the idiots who chose to stay met a tragic fate that couldve been avoided.

I dont agree with blaming a single person for incidents like this. Just because that person is President, it doesnt make them God. Mistakes will be made and response will not always be the best.

I could say since the left and the media and hollywood, blamed Bush for Katrina and went as low as saying Bush let it happen because he "hates black people", that im going to do the same to Obama over this. I wont because its not right. It wasnt right during Katrina, and its not right now to do it to Obama.

That being said, I cant stand Obama and I have developed a borderline hate for the man. His beliefs, policies, and ADMITTED desire to transform America **** me off to no end. But I wont jump on him for something that isnt his fault
"DEREGULATION" was the name of the game amd Bush and Cheney were the players. You have obviously not followed the trail and the history of this tragedy.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:33 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,677,919 times

YouTube - The REAL REASON Behind the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico - 2010

Old 05-26-2010, 07:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,677,919 times
Oil industry support Bush campaign
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) - While locked in a string of disputes with the Clinton administration, the oil industry has pumped more than $1.5 million into George W. Bush's campaign. Oil companies will be seeking Bush's help on a range of issues, should he be elected president

Oil industry support Bush campaign

Old 05-26-2010, 07:45 PM

240 posts, read 535,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
The unions created the middle class. Corporate America is trying to destroy the middle class.
Actually, the unions have ruined the middle class........You only have to look at the rot of Detroit and Pittsburgh to see that, if not, you're simply blind.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:50 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,118,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawdog View Post
Actually, the unions have ruined the middle class........You only have to look at the rot of Detroit and Pittsburgh to see that, if not, you're simply blind.
Unions started off with good intentions but many are now just disgraceful. Take the recent report about bus drivers in NYC. In their contract, they get 2 months paid time off, if they are spit on. Liberals at their worst. What a waste of tax payer money many unions are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies