Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

do you ever get the feeling that it does not matter who sits in the oval office?
the bravest 2 men in america are now mccain and kavanaugh.
the guts to do what DC will not do.
fix the hole in the dam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 09:34 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
So yet another thread about how GWB screwed up the country so badly. It is getting old. Obama has done NOTHING to help this country. He is an embarrassment.
I hope you have alot of 401k dollars because Bush depleted all the social security, you will be up sh--'s creek when you retire. I still have a while to go. As far as saying,Obama has done nothing. That in itself would be an improvement over the previous. Maybe Bush should have done nothing, or paid attention to some facts at least.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Because Dems, media and even Obama, talked out their posteriors about him being entirely the solution.
Anything would be better than 8 years of that hick, a$$bag!

Old 05-23-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Ah so what does our great CIC do? He doubles down. He is escalating Afganistan. And he quadrupled the debt! Well done. If you hated GWB you should loath BHO!
Putting more troops in Afghanistan was the proper thing to do. The previous idiot should have put them ALL there to begin with. We got into a war with Iraq because Sadam went after DADDY BUSH and Junior was sticking up for him. Not for any other reason! His advisors even told him that it wasn't IRAQ! He also wouldn't have had to bail anyone out if GWB didn't attack a country for no legitimate reason except for his own idiotic pride. Iraq didn't do anything during 9/11. He should have went IMMEDIATELY after Afghanistan. So should we have a trial for the 3000+ that Bush sent to death over his own family pride?

Old 05-23-2010, 09:44 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Default ignorance is bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I hope you have alot of 401k dollars because Bush depleted all the social security, you will be up sh--'s creek when you retire. I still have a while to go. As far as saying,Obama has done nothing. That in itself would be an improvement over the previous. Maybe Bush should have done nothing, or paid attention to some facts at least.
Bush warned of the impending S.S. bankruptcy back in 2001 and was stymied in his reform efforts throughout both terms by various disinformation campaigns from unions, dems and some GOPer's.

Bush did plenty wrong (most of it involved spending like a liberal), so you'll have to fire up your "way back machine" and dig up something else.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Oh enough with the Obama has to clean up a mess. No one made him apply for this job. I am so sick of hearing that.

Tell me something what do you think Obama is doing that is so different then Bush?

I am so sick of hearing democrats complain about things Bush did but make excuses for Obama doing them also.

Remember when democrats complained about
Spending
National debt
Gitmo
wars
Patriot act
Warrant less wire taps
Lobbyist
Wasteful spending etc etc
Remember during the most recent presidential election when ALL republicans tried to distance themselves from the decision of Bush. Why do you think they did that? Was it because he was doing a bang-up-job? I think you got your answer there. Remember this.......country first, party second. This just means that you should be hoping for the best candidate to lead the country back to recovery and not worry so much that he is a democrat. If I thought McCain was better, I definitely would have voted for him. This is also why I passed up on Bush during both elections. Also the fact that the republicans party's answer to Hillary was making Brain Dead Palin, McCain's running mate, was the last straw in that election.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Bush "screwed us for eight years"? How so? Explain.

But, Obama is very definitely "screwing us", and it is intentional.

For most of the eight years of the Bush administration, the economy was very good. It wasn't until the last year, when the Democrat's CRA boondoggle began to melt down, which is was destined to do, that the economy took a dive.

Obama has made it worse, by doing nothing to fix the problem, nothing to stimulate the economy (in any real way) and everything to make it worse. He has used all the old failed policies from past history.

One of two things are true:
  1. The man is incredibly stupid, and a total incompetent.
  2. He is doing it on purpose.
I believe the latter.
Have you looked at the history of our country.....ever? After we enter a war, we normally thrive. Well we were attacked 9/11/01 which is more than 8 years ago and the lives and dollars started slipping away significantly during this time. Why don't you look how much a war costs us daily, and then tell me that putz wasn't just throwing money out the window. Instead of properly going after Bin Laden who we could have caught if Georgie had pulled his thumb out of his a$$, we attacked a country that had done nothing to us around this time. Then, after the fact we finally go after Afghanistan. Well, like most people know, he was long gone by then. Through Pakistan and maybe back to his home in Saudi Arabia or even in the US possibly. This is billions and billions getting thrown away all because of some idiot once again fighting for daddy because he (George HW) was antagonized by Saddam. I'm not even going into the mortgage crisis but many can be blamed for that. Face it, GW was the worst ever and if Obama slept for 8 years and did nothing; it would be an improvement over Gomer Pyle Bush did.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Obama is happy to credit for anything that goes right. So he should be man and take responsibility when things go wrong.

He has been president for almost a year and a half now. Time to stop blaming other people and be a man.

And you should get over your resentment. No reason to carry that around with you all the time. It will eat you up. And there aint a damn thing you can do to change what George Bush did. Why let it bother you?

Get on with your life and stop blaming other people for your problems.
I'm guessing you don't have kids. I'm not going to blame both, when I know only one is guilty. I personally don't carry it with me but I think blame should be put on the one who makes the mistake and credit should be handed out when you do things right. The only thing I like that Bush ever did was sometimes rule with an iron fist. The democrats have the numbers and should pass through as many bills and movements that they deem right and necessary especially if they will help this country. One of the biggest things Bush didn't do was have solid relations with other countries. He actually made us even more hated than ever. To bring money into this country you need to be able to export products and Bush killed that too with his poor relations and standoffish behavior. Now, you are right that I can't change what Bush did, no one can; but acknowledging what he did instead of closing your eyes about his 8 years comes first. Whether you supported Bush or not, you must realize the damage he caused and whoever replaced him was up sh--'s creek. That job fell to Obama, and it will be a long tough road.
I think you need to go to the Sports Forum anyway. I think you'll be handing out blame soon for the bankruptcy to the Cleveland area when Lebron leaves. Lets see if you can hold your tongue then. Can't blame that on Obama.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
"Why do you think that Bush has been rubbing elbows with Clinton? Looks like a poor attempt to build up his credibility. And to think, we tried to impeach Clinton. If that's the case, what should we have done to Bush? I'll leave that one alone."

Of course you'll "leave that one alone." Because you know that any attempt to blame Bush while ignoring the implications of Clinton's presidency will completely unravel your rant. Even the half-brained know that understanding the Clinton legacy is to hold the keys to understanding the Bush presidency.

Fail.
Clinton's biggest flaw was an intern under the desk and republicans that had it in for him because of it. If that was the worst thing he did then maybe Bush needed an intern to do the same; but instead he had it in for Saddam at all costs and started an unprovoked war because of it.

By the way, the only FAIL was Bush's presidency. THE WORST EVER! I'll give him the award for that!

Old 05-23-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Bush warned of the impending S.S. bankruptcy back in 2001 and was stymied in his reform efforts throughout both terms by various disinformation campaigns from unions, dems and some GOPer's.

Bush did plenty wrong (most of it involved spending like a liberal), so you'll have to fire up your "way back machine" and dig up something else.
Are you friggin kidding me? Bush spent like a Bush. He funded a war with SS dollars. Did the current war start during the Clinton era? No. Then Bush started printing more money. In my lifetime the US dollar used to be twice the value of the canadian at least. Now we are even or less. Bush fu--ed us. Take off the REPUBLICAN BEER GOGGLES and face the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies