Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 08:29 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I personally realize that Obama's cures for our problems have been very slow but are people really this delusional? Bush screwed us for 8 years. Just because he is no longer in the big seat, it DOES NOT change history. We know how we got here. There were many factors and I can't blame Georgie Boy for all of them, but most....YES. Forget about being a bad president, he was and is still an idiot. I wouldn't hire the guy to bag my groceries. Bush bankrupted a country and got us into 2 wars, and one specifically (Iraq), that never should have happened anyway. Why do you think that Bush has been rubbing elbows with Clinton? Looks like a poor attempt to build up his credibility. And to think, we tried to impeach Clinton. If that's the case, what should we have done to Bush? I'll leave that one alone. Now Obama has to clean up this huge mess and everyone wants it done overnight. Yes, I think Obama should be tougher, and yes I think he needs to speed it up; but this is going to take time. 8 years of crap is not taken care of in a little over a year! Any thoughts?
Typical daily Bush bashing. Lets see here. The congress which controls all the money has been held by democrats since 2006 . From 2006 to know when congress was taken by democrats have things got better or worse for you. If things are better than they were in 2006 vote Democratic, if things are worse vote republican or tea party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 08:35 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Typical daily Bush bashing. Lets see here. The congress which controls all the money has been held by democrats since 2006 . From 2006 to know when congress was taken by democrats have things got better or worse for you. If things are better than they were in 2006 vote Democratic, if things are worse vote republican or tea party
snopes.com: Voting for Change

Old 05-26-2010, 10:42 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,042 times
No man is an island, Obama simply cannot do this alone as he needs help and support from all political parties in order to try to solve our most vexing problems. However, you have important, influential Republicans, like McCain, calling for all Republicans to boycott all Democrats, and to refuse to reach across the aisle to work on anything together. How is this beneficial to our country? How is this patriotic? It's ironic that those who put so much emphesis on the concept of patriotism would be the same ones refusing to work in a bipartisan manor for the greater good of America. Personally, my biggest issue with the Right wing is the omnipresent and unrelenting hypocrisy that has become so prevelent. This is just my proverbial two cents.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:45 AM

1,179 posts, read 975,287 times
Most of these complainers obviously have bigger problems than what they post about here. Nobody can post to the extent they do with such vitriol and have a happy life. That's the real problem...

Old 05-26-2010, 01:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
So yet another thread about how GWB screwed up the country so badly. It is getting old. Obama has done NOTHING to help this country. He is an embarrassment.
Agree with you Cyber Queen; an embaressement X 10 would be an understatement, he has and will so screw us up. Old tiresome, funny, non excuseable, laughable, and will come right back at most of them, and bite them. He is a joke, and the joke will come back in 2012 when we say good by to him. This guy is quite a loser, like him if you wish, but loser he is. And a freaking bully to boot.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:23 PM

28 posts, read 24,325 times
The problem is not Obama, Bush or Clinton, the problem is us, the people, the voters. The posts in this forum prove that. How?

Both sides of the aisle are blind to all but their own ideological truths, and disregard what is actually happening around us. It's far easier to lay blame than to take responsibility for our own failures.

We the People, sold our stock to the liars, thieves, scammers and leeches through the elections of ideological delusional truths. We didn't vote out those, on both sides, who sold us out to the lobbyists. We kept lying to ourselves saying, "The Government is corrupt, but not my guy."

When more people voted on American Idol than for the president this last election cycle, we are in serious trouble folks. A non-vote is still a vote for the corrupt incumbent.

"Bush did it", "no Obama did it".

Is this any different than 2 five-year-olds saying "he did it." "No he did it," when mom asks them who broke the vase?

Those who we elected into office are laughing at us as they rake in billions in campaign contributions, backroom deals, sweetheart deals, etc. while we squabble like kids over the left-over candy, and drool over the next American Idol or Survivor winners.

Until we clean up our own houses of broken glass, and take a look at the situation with a clear eye, we as a nation will continue down this road of self-destruction.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:39 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Only a fool can blame the president, any president for all the wrongs. He is but 1 part of the huge machine. Blame should first start with those who elected him and our reps. Second we need to blame the party hardliners who refuse to judge their own candidates equally.
Nothing is all Obama's fault, other than his personal behavior.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:20 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I personally realize that Obama's cures for our problems have been very slow but are people really this delusional? Bush screwed us for 8 years. Just because he is no longer in the big seat, it DOES NOT change history. We know how we got here. There were many factors and I can't blame Georgie Boy for all of them, but most....YES. Forget about being a bad president, he was and is still an idiot. I wouldn't hire the guy to bag my groceries. Bush bankrupted a country and got us into 2 wars, and one specifically (Iraq), that never should have happened anyway. Why do you think that Bush has been rubbing elbows with Clinton? Looks like a poor attempt to build up his credibility. And to think, we tried to impeach Clinton. If that's the case, what should we have done to Bush? I'll leave that one alone. Now Obama has to clean up this huge mess and everyone wants it done overnight. Yes, I think Obama should be tougher, and yes I think he needs to speed it up; but this is going to take time. 8 years of crap is not taken care of in a little over a year! Any thoughts?
Which of these things you are blaming on Bush, did the democrats in congress not vote in favor of?

For that matter, during 0bama's brief time as US senator, which of these things did he not vote in favor of?

Old 05-26-2010, 02:21 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times
The people that put leaders into power are the main reason that **** doesn't get done. We're all hypocrites at heart, talking out the side of our mouths, as it were.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:24 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Which of these things you are blaming on Bush, did the democrats in congress not vote in favor of?

For that matter, during 0bama's brief time as US senator, which of these things did he not vote in favor of?
Lol. I bet you won't get an answer to those questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies