Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 08:28 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanrene View Post

Obviously she and I can handle it. She has obama on the hot seat and defensive with her comments and I, as usual, have half my brain tied behind my back when dealing with the Left.

What a ridiculous suggestion, but if you're so interested in Alaska's oil spill readiness, maybe you should ask the current governor.

I wonder if it ever crossed your mind that the federal government is sure to have those plans on file - but apparently they have done nothing in the month-long interim as the oil slowly made it's way to shore.
But the big question is ..... who has stolen the other half and why are they taking so long to return it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 08:30 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""SHEQUITSHEQUITSHEQUITSHEQUIT!!!"""

Ya, that looks like you're "handling it""...

What is a ridiculous suggestion? Tha Palin help America out and NOT get paid? Ya, I suppose to HER it is....her patriotism is bought and paid for ...

NOW, show PROOF (ya, I know you don't have a clue what that is but...) that the government has done nothing.

You repugs , always begging government to come and help you out....tsk, tsk!
The "SHEQUIT" mantra is the meme from the PDS Left. It's been working so well for them.

Obama has all the plans he needs to combat/contain/stop an oil spill - but apparently, he doesn't want to get involved.

Like the booms that were sitting idle for weeks while the oil made its way to the shore.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Default Palin hits obama on response to oil spill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So do some on the Left.

Sarah Palin, White House trade shots over oil spill, industry contributions - The Hill's E2-Wire

It's been over a friggin month. What has been done to stop or contain the oil SLOWLY floating to the shore?

White House in Denial; Public Wants Real Action on BP Oil Disaster NOW | The Seminal

Exactly what the White House is counting on.

Dang those pesky questions - there has NOT been enough of them.

Stop the presses!

Palin slags on Obama! Who could have possibly forseen this?

neener

Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
But the big question is ..... who has stolen the other half and why are they taking so long to return it?
No contest. That's really all that is required to refute and debate the Left regurgitated talking points.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
The "SHEQUIT" mantra is the meme from the PDS Left. It's been working so well for them."""

Looked like hysterical screaming to me

""""

Obama has all the plans he needs to combat/contain/stop an oil spill - but apparently, he doesn't want to get involved.

Like the booms that were sitting idle for weeks while the oil made its way to the shore.
NOW, show PROOF (ya, I know you don't have a clue what that is but...) that the government has done nothing.

You repugs , always begging government to come and help you out....tsk, tsk!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:01 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,819 times
Quote:
That's why there are always funds set aside as part of the budget for specific agencies.

Try and stay on topic instead of deflecting from the issue of the incompetency of the obama administration.
I am very much on topic. Federal intervention will cost MORE money. There are NO funds "set aside" to handle contingencies like disasters. What kind of dream world you in? Funds for disasters are appropriated. You think DOD has a "war fund" set aside? You complain about the gubment spending but know less than I on how it works.

Gubment at all levels projects their budgets based on projected costs. There are no percentages to cover emergencies - PERIOD! Congress has been projecting social security will run out by 2010 since 1981, at least. Ever read anything about the gubment "setting aside" anything to cover any type of social security emergency or contingency?

You criticize Obama for spending money to be budgeted then you turn around and criticize for not spending money that is NOT budgeted. Make up your mind.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
[quote=sanrene;14310344]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Wasnt it Palin who wanted to "Drill baby Drill"

I'm sorry, but what does that have to do with the response from this administration to the spill?
Imagine if McCain/Palin had won. We would be drilling baby drilling all over the coasts and the wells would all be spilling baby spilling everywhere!! \

Thank god we dodged that disaster!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:22 AM

YouTube - 2008 Vice Presidential Debate Joe Biden Sarah Palin Drill Drill Drill Baby Drill

Old 05-24-2010, 09:23 AM

YouTube - GOV. PALIN: After the BP Spill, Is Drill Baby Drill A Real Policy?

Old 05-24-2010, 09:26 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Imagine if McCain/Palin had won. We would be drilling baby drilling all over the coasts and the wells would all be spilling baby spilling everywhere!! \

Thank god we dodged that disaster!
Maybe we would be talking about the $40,000+ that McCain accepted from BP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies