Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 07:58 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,396,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Oh, I don't know, these people were seen in the same city on the same day! Surely that confirms guilt of something
Sestak's change of story doesn't make you question his integrity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 08:25 PM

15,445 posts, read 21,289,268 times
If Sestak was offered a position in the Administration, even if the offer was made by Clinton, it had to be the Administration who authorized the offer because only they can do the hiring. And if the offer was made in return for Sestak dropping out of the race as Sestak has stated, it could easily be construed as an attempt to modify the results of an election. Releasing what appears to be a contrived explanation on a Friday involving "go-betweens" and "unpaid" positions just before a three day weekend is clever. However, the simplistic explanation becomes very suspect when one considers the months the Administration totally stonewalled the issue.

Will this Administration be transparent on this matter as they have promised to be or will they pull out the old Nixon play book? Or maybe British Petroleum should just sink an oil well in the D.C. Swamp?

Old 05-28-2010, 09:09 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,504,172 times
Politicians all know americans have short memories. does it seem a bit strange that Sestak held a press conference at 4pm on friday, at the start of a three day weekend.

americans do have short memories, we will see if the story has legs next week.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:16 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,504,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
You are right, my mind has been long made up but, when I go to that poll and I write down my vote, I will remember all this and perhaps smile knowing he will soon be a has been.
completely agree. this is only one more questionable issue is this administrations repertoire.

campaign on transparency, then have none.

promise no tax increases then raise taxes.

campaign from the center, govern from the far left.

push health care against the majority, minority rules.

I will remember all of these inconsistencies, and consider them all insults to Americans intelligence, when I go to the polls.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:20 PM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
If Sestak was offered a position in the Administration, even if the offer was made by Clinton, it had to be the Administration who authorized the offer because only they can do the hiring. And if the offer was made in return for Sestak dropping out of the race as Sestak has stated, it could easily be construed as an attempt to modify the results of an election. Releasing what appears to be a contrived explanation on a Friday involving "go-betweens" and "unpaid" positions just before a three day weekend is clever. However, the simplistic explanation becomes very suspect when one considers the months the Administration totally stonewalled the issue.

Will this Administration be transparent on this matter as they have promised to be or will they pull out the old Nixon play book? Or maybe British Petroleum should just sink an oil well in the D.C. Swamp?
If it turns out 0bama told Rahm to make the offer, or he asked Clinton to make the offer, what is the difference? Its still a felony.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:25 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,277,696 times
No, Clinton is not in trouble but whoever asked him to do it would be, especially if they were in the WH or part of the admin staff.

Lets see what plays out.

Billy and Bubba met for lunch to get their stories straight.

When Bubba said he would make a comment on it soon he forgot to tell us that he needed to have lunch with Willie first.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:28 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,277,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If it turns out 0bama told Rahm to make the offer, or he asked Clinton to make the offer, what is the difference? Its still a felony.

+1 one for you.

If Rahm offered it to Willie then Obama just committed a crime which is impeachable and also can be time in jail.

With this going on and his total blunder with the oil issue Obama is knee deep in crap.

Lets see the master of deception sneak his way out of the mess he has made for himself.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:31 PM

946 posts, read 2,599,287 times
Depends on what the meaning of "his" is.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:31 PM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Must have been a pretty amazing bribe to make him throw away his integrity.

I am sure that the Obama administration lawyers have been in contact with Sestak and have been advising him on what to say in order to avoid prosecution for himself and Lord Barry. Obviously, a crime was committed. The Obama administration, through threats and legal consultation with Sestak, may have avoided the initiation of a legal investigation and subsequent impeachment. It speaks volumes for the corruption and lawlessness of the Obama administration, as well as thier ability to wiggle out of crimes and selectively apply the law. The current administration is above the law of the land, and we are all chumps for abidiing by the law- that is the message of "hope and change" that Obama has delivered.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:36 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,128,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The scandal that never was.....

Suuuuure. The White House, Clinton, Rahm, and Sestak arent acting a little odd at all regarding this matter. Theyve been completely forth coming from the very start..... lol

Gee, I wonder what Obama and Clinton talked about over lunch the other day. I wonder why it took months for the WH to comment on this...and when they finally do, Sestak's story changes just a bit.

And hey liberals, even if you really dont think there is a "scandal", if you are going to sit here and say you honestly say you think Sestak and the WH are being honest right now, then you are either liars or fools. Its pretty obvious they are covering something up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies