Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 09:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am sure that the Obama administration lawyers have been in contact with Sestak and have been advising him on what to say in order to avoid prosecution for himself and Lord Barry. Obviously, a crime was committed. The Obama administration, through threats and legal consultation with Sestak, may have avoided the initiation of a legal investigation and subsequent impeachment. It speaks volumes for the corruption and lawlessness of the Obama administration, as well as thier ability to wiggle out of crimes and selectively apply the law. The current administration is above the law of the land, and we are all chumps for abidiing by the law- that is the message of "hope and change" that Obama has delivered.
I guess I let Fox be on my TV too long tonight. What the hell is going on? I don't know anymore than they said on all the Fox shows up to 10:00 and they never said he bailed the Dems out. All those guys said that there would have to be an investigation no matter what Holder thinks.

Yep, what is going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 09:39 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,940 times
Quote:
I am sure that the Obama administration lawyers have been in contact with Sestak and have been advising him on what to say in order to avoid prosecution for himself and Lord Barry. Obviously, a crime was committed. The Obama administration, through threats and legal consultation with Sestak, may have avoided the initiation of a legal investigation and subsequent impeachment. It speaks volumes for the corruption and lawlessness of the Obama administration, as well as thier ability to wiggle out of crimes and selectively apply the law. The current administration is above the law of the land, and we are all chumps for abidiing by the law- that is the message of "hope and change" that Obama has delivered.
Hence, partly why the WH waited so long and why Obama's lawyer issued a statement. Partly why Obama had lunch with Bill the other day. And anyone else notice, Rahm's been in hiding recently. Gee, I wonder why

I hope a full investigation gets underway.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:49 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,344,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If it turns out 0bama told Rahm to make the offer, or he asked Clinton to make the offer, what is the difference? Its still a felony.
I agree that it makes no difference who made the offer. The offer was for something only the Administration could deliver. If Clinton did make the offer, it was solely for the purpose of moving the White House some distance from the issue. I happen to believe that this is one that will come back and bite the WH in the rear.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:54 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,410,503 times
It is laughable to think that Bill Clinton made the offer when Sestak clearly stated that it was the Obama administration who made the offer.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
It is laughable to think that Bill Clinton made the offer when Sestak clearly stated that it was the Obama administration who made the offer.
With Clinton doing the talking though..it got around any laws since Clinton doesn't hold any office in this administration.

LOOPHOLE ....and they'll probably get away with it.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:12 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,528,843 times
Exclamation GOP Congressman Links Sestak Job Offer to Watergate

Issa Links Sestak Job Offer and Watergate - Washington Wire - WSJ

Old 05-28-2010, 10:28 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,068 times
I'm sure Obama is the only president that has offered a job to someone running for congress....Not, Reagan did it also, Did Bush get impeached for putting someone in charge of FEMA that had no experience doing anything but judging horses? Nope. As long as Obama keeps Rahm Emanuel around they'll be more chances to compare Obama to Nixon, and this Sestak thing will seem like nothing. Give Emanuel enough rope he'll hang himself and Obama.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:34 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Hence, partly why the WH waited so long and why Obama's lawyer issued a statement. Partly why Obama had lunch with Bill the other day. And anyone else notice, Rahm's been in hiding recently. Gee, I wonder why

I hope a full investigation gets underway.

We can hope all we want. However, Obama is in charge of the White House and the Dpeartment of Justice. The Dems are in charge of the Senate and Congress. Nothing will be done.

This is why fascism is a very dangerous path. Hopefully, our "liberal" members of the forum will stop and pause. There is nothing to be gained for individuals or the nation by subverting the rule of law for the gain of one individual. Our nation was based upon the rule of law and the presumption that no man was above the law- even the president. Fascists, on the other hand, recognize the supremecy of a leader above the law of the land and excuse crimes in the interest of justifying an end result.

God help us if the Obama administration is an indication of presidential administrations to come. Even liberals should be very afraid.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:55 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,354 times
Default Think about the situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The scandal that never was.....
Have you ever been involved with or taken a good look at the world of politics?

If you really think about it - Even if the man was offered a non-salaried job, there is perhaps a basis of rackerteering to look at. They were manipulating an election.

But from that basis - One can argue that as a party they were looking to do the most advantageous thing....Which seems innocent enough.

But, we are talking about the White House, not the party headquarters. That begins to make it appear a little improper....The Office of the President is suppose to be working in the interest of the entire country and all the people of the country....Not manipulating local politics.

As to the fact that he was offered a non-paying job - It's not all that innocent...I don't imagine that it involved sitting at home, voluntarily stuffing envelopes.

People take the non-paying positions because of the perks. And there are plenty of them - Not just the expense allowances...But the fact that they have information, influence and opportunity to "benefit" from those positions.

The fact that the White House got itself involved sends up a signal..."Hey, take a good look at this...!"

President Obama has not grown into the position...He is still playing "Local Chicago Politics".

With everything now going on - Young military people dying overseas, the economy, the immigration and border security problem...Obama's focus is on a lousy local election?...How insecure is he?..That's a little frantic, isn't it?...Or is it just that he can't grow bigger than petty local politics?

Old 05-28-2010, 11:14 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,445,686 times
Quote:
Did you know that Reagan did the same thing? And nobody was looking to impeach him.

It may have been a stupid idea, but it isn't the felony crime you're trying to make it out to be - you just wish it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies