Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:40 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,054,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Yeah, free education and a myriad of other government services. Sheesh, I can't think why any illegal would want that.
I lived in Tennessee for 5 years. Those were among some of the best 5 years of any state i've lived in. It doesn't get much better than the natural beauty, the entertainment, and the downhome goodness of Tennessee. Nashville, especially.

News that TN is following AZ in the quest to eradicate illegal immigration is reinforcement to me that TN is an awesome place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 06:44 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,494,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I was talking to a store manager down here, she transferred from Mufreesboro. She said the same thing, that the Mexican immigrants had taken over there, and the Antioch areas, the place where I lived when in town.

I remember Antioch and the "boro" was were many people wanted to live. Now, not so much.

I hate to see the Nashville metro area turning into another white flight disaster area.
i lived in Crossville for a long time. It's between Knoxville and Cookeville. There were tons of illegals there. I worked with a bunch of them. The ones I knew never caused any kind of problem. They went to work and on Fridays they would Western Union a good chunk of their paychecks to Mexico and use the rest to get drunk. Then they'd be back at work on Monday.

I never had a problem with them being there. They did their jobs. I never saw any evidence that they took jobs from Americans as we hired plenty of them folk too.

I'm glad Tennessee is cracking down on it though. Theres a reason we have borders. I don't see what the big deal is in asking someone for proof they are here legally. And if they aren't they should be sent back to where they came from.

I like Nashville and Memphis. Definatley don't want to see them deteriote if it can be helped.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:49 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,426,089 times

I guess this passes for progress these days

Old 05-24-2010, 06:50 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,528,905 times
This sounds like a lot of states are seriously considering it. Wisconsin won't do anything until we get the progressive democrats out of office.

ALIPAC Forums-viewtopic-Help ALIPAC Collect a list of states taking up AZ's SB 1070

Old 05-24-2010, 07:06 PM

217 posts, read 125,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post

I guess this passes for progress these days

LMAO! That is funny. Its funny because I hate that cartoon.Lol even my kid hates that cartoon.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:47 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,032,705 times
Great, another state. When will California open their eyes?

Old 05-25-2010, 08:35 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,751,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Great, another state. When will California open their eyes?

California is a lost cause IMO,way too far gone.
Hopefully Texas pushes new laws because its bad there too.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:49 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,222,279 times
Wow, a hillbilly state follows Arizona lead, who would have thunk it. What's next, the KKK supports the bill.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,751,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Wow, a hillbilly state follows Arizona lead, who would have thunk it. What's next, the KKK supports the bill.

Once you get outside the big cities most places in America would..
Be thought of by some people as "Hillbilly" and "Hick".
I ll make you a deal.you can have all the Illegals,the "Hick"states..
Dont want them.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:05 AM

39,808 posts, read 26,339,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
States that don't want to become a bankrupt, 3rd world hellholes are following AZs lead. The rest of the country has observed the disasters that CA, NY, NJ, MI and others have become due to leftist policies and want something better for their residents. Addressing criminal immigration is one step along that path. As is controlling spending, but that's for another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies