Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 06:18 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,033 times

Advertisements

Power Line - Why we should be very afraid of Elena Kagan

^ Still hoping that Barack Obama will be forced to reconsider this one. I really do not think she belongs on the Supreme Court with that kind of philosophy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 06:24 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,599 times
He picked her for that kind of philosophy. Considering everything else he has done--we shouldn't be surprised.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
He picked her for that kind of philosophy. Considering everything else he has done--we shouldn't be surprised.
I disagree completely. She wants to make our government more authoritarian like Israel's and I haven't seen that from Obama. I think he was catering to some distinct special interests with this nomination and I find that disappointing.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:33 PM

217 posts, read 125,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Power Line - Why we should be very afraid of Elena Kagan

^ Still hoping that Barack Obama will be forced to reconsider this one. I really do not think she belongs on the Supreme Court with that kind of philosophy.
Why would he reconsider it? You think it was a coincidence that 2 supreme court judges stepped down while the fraud is president? No No No. Not a coincidence its planned and had been planned. See once Americans come to their senses and hopefully before the fraud destroys America and we kick him out of the white house his communist/racist supreme court nominees will still be there to do his ill will toward the country. Get ready for many years of hell when it comes to the supreme court until the people in this country take back our country.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPatriot83 View Post
Why would he reconsider it? You think it was a coincidence that 2 supreme court judges stepped down while the fraud is president? No No No. Not a coincidence its planned and had been planned. See once Americans come to their senses and hopefully before the fraud destroys America and we kick him out of the white house his communist/racist supreme court nominees will still be there to do his ill will toward the country. Get ready for many years of hell when it comes to the supreme court until the people in this country take back our country.
Well... it's not "stepped down" really. Justices tend to time their retirements when they feel like-minded justices will replace them. You don't really "step down" because if you really hate a president, you can make his life hell as a Supreme Court justice and thus it's smarter to stay on.

I didn't say Kagan was a communist or a racist, just that I think she wants to place far too much power in the executive/judicial branches and I prefer judges that defer to congress.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:00 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,899,548 times
I am not as afraid of Elena Kagan as you are. I am a bit concerned that she has no experience on the Federal bench. But what disturbs me even more is the lack of interest to the nomination. Here is someone who will be ruling on important issues for probably 30 years. On this "politics and other controversies" board they argue over comparatively trivial issues. And that is those who care to discuss politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies