Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 06:10 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The link doesn't debunk it at all. The fact remains he is the top recipient of BP cash, regardless if it comes from the PAC or employees.

Obviously he rented the house to watch what they do at home, just like stalkers do. How creepy - here's the family BBQing and swimming at their home while this guy might have his camera running and his binocs out watching little girls in bathing suits.

More than creepy.
Not creepy at all for a writer to want to rent in the area where he's doing research. What is truly alarming, though, is that Team Palin could be so sloppy about security that they allowed a rental cottage to be vacant and available to the public so close by her family compound. Or do you think they're just extra cheap and didn't want to fork over the money for the rent the place themselves? In either case, with the Palin's love of guns and hunting, Joe McGinniss has more to fear from the Palin's than they do from him.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Not creepy at all for a writer to want to rent in the area where he's doing research. What is truly alarming in all this is that Team Palin could be so sloppy about security that they allow a rental cottage to be vacant and available to the public so close by her family compound. Or do you think they're just extra cheap and didn't want to fork over the money for the rent themselves? With the Palin's love of guns and hunting, Joe McGinniss has more to fear from the Palin's than they do from his weapon of choice---a computer keyboard.

So now they're supposed to co-opt and gobble up all the rental property around their house?

If they did that, I can just imagine the screeching howling from the Left, can't you?

Old 05-25-2010, 06:17 PM

41 posts, read 20,998 times
Quote:
So now they're supposed to co-opt and gobble up all the rental property around their house?

If they did that, I can just imagine the screeching howling from the Left, can't you?
Uh no.

It's a free country. I think you're projecting.

I think most lefties are surprised she hasn't bought it all up. I would care less if she did. The larger the buffer between that harpy and the rest of us, the better.

But hey, she built a rec center on someone else's land without permission, and Wasilly is still paying for that one, so maybe she should leave real estate to Todd.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:27 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times
Quote:
Still about me I see. The obsession might even rival the one the Left has for Palin.

Let's see, you made some claims about my posting history, I thoroughly proved you wrong with a simple list of my first ten threads.........S & H totally.

If you don't like it here or don't care for my threads, I suggest you stay out of them.

Btw, that phrase half my brain tied behind my back is a Rush favorite - it means mentally, there is no contest.
Your threads are an attempt to flame which is against the TOS.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
The link doesn't debunk it at all. The fact remains he is the top recipient of BP cash, regardless if it comes from the PAC or employees.

Obviously he rented the house to watch what they do at home, just like stalkers do. How creepy - here's the family BBQing and swimming at their home while this guy might have his camera running and his binocs out watching little girls in bathing suits.

More than creepy.
How is it obvious? What do you know about the rental market in Wasilla? Why would it be inappropriate for him to see "the girls" in swimsuits?

Old 05-25-2010, 06:39 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:

Yes, they should have done just that. When a rental is 15 feet from their property, it's naive and outright stupid NOT to "gobble up" that rental property. She's in the big leagues now and it's time for her to grow up and take security seriously. As for the left "screeching" if she did rent the rental don't let your partisan imagination take over your common sense. She wouldn't have anything to ***** about on her Facebook page right now, would she, if Team Palin wasn't so incompetent.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 05-25-2010 at 07:23 PM..

Old 05-25-2010, 06:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deni Grey View Post
Uh no.

It's a free country. I think you're projecting.

I think most lefties are surprised she hasn't bought it all up. I would care less if she did. The larger the buffer between that harpy and the rest of us, the better.

But hey, she built a rec center on someone else's land without permission, and Wasilly is still paying for that one, so maybe she should leave real estate to Todd.
Cannot rep you again yet, but a great and accurate rebuttal.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:

More than creepy.
If a successful author wants to see girls in bathing suits, he can hop a flight to the Riviera and its topless beaches to see way more attractive females and flesh than he will in Palin's backyard. You really are over dramatizing this non-story to keep this thread alive.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:19 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:

More than creepy.
You sure are obsessed with little girls in bathing suits....it's Alaska....he better catch a look quick

Renting a home is not illegal. Your assumptions , which are based on nothing but a dirty imagination, are ridiculous.
Don't worry, I'm sure if he gets a photo of Palin in her bikini you'll be able to see it.....

Old 05-25-2010, 07:24 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
??? Really, when did you get the chance to do your psychological examination of this guy? Were you at the Salem Witch Trials by any chance.

Palin was dumb enough to not realize that any journalist or writer would seize the opportunity to get in such close proximity? She really thinks on her feet, doesn't she? BTW...Palin is enough of an opportunist to appreciate a fellow opportunist as a neighbor. She'll probably put on a few shows for his benefit. She loves the attention...negative or otherwise.
All good good points.....wonder if Sarah is as upset and hysterical about the situation as the OP???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies