Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 03:29 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,109,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Why is he hiring federal employees like crazy?

Oh wait, I know the answer. He's growing the Democrat base.
What are you talking about? Move of the federal govenment including the civil service employees (like the post office) are in a hiring freeze. They are moving people around and letting them go not hiring more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 03:36 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,465,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Yeah, I noticed this too....I dont like Obama either and I want him gone ASAP...BUT, I noticed that now his opponents are just trying to stir the pot...they smell blood and they are going for the jugular so to speak.

I mean, Nazi, Hitler, Marxists, Tyrant, etc...thats a bit much..and dont get me wrong, I fully realize that the way to be an effective communicator is to use strong words that have strong imagery associated with them...but imo people are getting carried away with their dislike of the guy. I dont like him either, but Im not going to sit here and call him Hitler, and call him the organizer of the 3rd reich etc...thats just over the top
What would you call him?

Old 05-27-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
What would you call him?
A disappointment so far.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
Obama has charisma, Hitler had charisma. When Obama went to Germany he was met with thousands of cheering fans, When Hitler made public appearances in Germany he was met with thousands of cheering fans. Hence Obama is Hitler, except he is Black and not a White Supremacist and not a Dictator and doesn't hate Jews.
Well, he's acting like a dictator, maybe that's why. He doesn't care for Jews (Israel) nor does he care for the American people. He throws his friends under the bus, I'm sure there is no limit to his lack of caring and loyalty. I guess he would be more like Saddam, then Hitler.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
A disappointment so far.
I would call him that, IF I had believed that he was actually going to do what he said he would. But since I knew that he wouldn't keep his word once elected, I'm not dissapointed, because it (at least to me) was expected. I was also not happy with Bush, but Obama is out of control.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:45 PM

418 posts, read 1,087,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
...because they're idiots.

Is this a trick question?
Yes it must be a trick question, Hitler was much, much more intelligent than BO

Old 05-27-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Well, he's acting like a dictator, maybe that's why. He doesn't care for Jews (Israel) nor does he care for the American people. He throws his friends under the bus, I'm sure there is no limit to his lack of caring and loyalty. I guess he would be more like Saddam, then Hitler.
I'm jewish. He doesn't care for Jews? No, he's trying to be diplomatic with the relations between Israel and Palestine. Throws his friends under the bus? No, he just doesn't lie for them like Bush and Cheney did. A dictator forces people to do what they want. Bush and Cheney used to force reporters not to talk and frequently leave interviews and often forced them to provide the questions before televised speeches so they can prepare an answer prior. I guess Bush and Cheney would be closer to that but even they didn't order their own people killed. Instead they sent them off to an unprovoked war in Iraq. Learn your facts before spewing crap.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
Yes it must be a trick question, Hitler was much, much more intelligent than BO
Hitler came from a family overrun with schizophrenia and ordered an aunt that was in an institution murdered to cover up that fact. I guess your just spitting out biased crap. No matter how bad you think Obama is, at least he can form a complete sentence. Bush and Palin are both incapable of that. With your response about Hitler compared to Obama, I wonder if you fall into that same category.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:09 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,230,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I'm jewish. He doesn't care for Jews? No, he's trying to be diplomatic with the relations between Israel and Palestine. Throws his friends under the bus? No, he just doesn't lie for them like Bush and Cheney did. A dictator forces people to do what they want. Bush and Cheney used to force reporters not to talk and frequently leave interviews and often forced them to provide the questions before televised speeches so they can prepare an answer prior. I guess Bush and Cheney would be closer to that but even they didn't order their own people killed. Instead they sent them off to an unprovoked war in Iraq. Learn your facts before spewing crap.
Obama has problems with Israeli Jews building apartments in their own capital. Mexico disputes US ownership of the entire SW USA, are christians forbidden from building homes in AZ?

Why are Jews being singled out by the world and Obama's administration?

Old 05-27-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Obama has problems with Israeli Jews building apartments in their own capital. Mexico disputes US ownership of the entire SW USA, are christians forbidden from building homes in AZ?

Why are Jews being singled out by the world and Obama's administration?
If you want to be specific he didn't want them to build because he's hoping that the israeli's and palestinians will finally sit down and hash out their differences and come to a peaceful conclusion. He thought it would be a good gesture if they stopped building; but it is their battle and not ours so if Obama considered it wrong, that's his opinion. I still don't consider him an anti-semite. Trust me, I always keep my eye out for them and would LOUDLY come after anyone who I discovered was one.
As for the world, other religions believe Jesus is the savior.We are still waiting for the savior. You don't have to leave the US to see anti-semitism. I have experienced it in the midwest and down south especially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies