Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:56 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfles View Post
You just keep proving how damn gullible you are. What other reason would there be for hiring and firing the same person multiple times? Man I wish you were my boss, I would be able to get away with murder working under you.
Have you ever worked for the government? Have you ever worked for the Census? Do you have any idea how they hire and organize their schedules -- or why?!

And do you honestly think those numbers arent scrutinized? Or that there isnt a special slot in every reporting form to differentiate between "new hire" and "returning employee"? In a government project?!

Even the best the original article could come up with was "it seems" and "I heard." The letters in part 2 say nothing about it. But this News Corp. employee is going with these straws in order to keep you sheep upset (his job). Seems pretty flimsy to me, but it doesnt take much with you guys, right?

I'd like to know if the Census recruited more workers, percentagewise, this year than in previous years. I'll look around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 12:07 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,148 times
In the end I dont care if they hired them and fired them and rehired them. I dont think its so they can make their job numbers and unemployment low.
I do wonder why in the hell this would be the practice of any organization!!
End again would I expect anything less of a government run program.
Sure your information is safe....TRUST US....
This why I answer question 1 and return it!

Old 05-26-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
In the end I dont care if they hired them and fired them and rehired them. I dont think its so they can make their job numbers and unemployment low.
I do wonder why in the hell this would be the practice of any organization!!
End again would I expect anything less of a government run program.
Sure your information is safe....TRUST US....
This why I answer question 1 and return it!
You sound like a spoiled child.

1940 Census Questions :: 1940 U.S. Federal Census :: 1940 Free Census Resources

Old 05-26-2010, 12:19 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seren77 View Post
Yes. The only reason that we did census this year was to make Obama look better with additional hiring.

I never got a census form in my household, and no one came to my door yet so I guess there are some people who go under the radar. I'm sure I'm not the only one out of the millions

Old 05-26-2010, 12:20 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,647,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seren77 View Post
Yes. The only reason that we did census this year was to make Obama look better with additional hiring.
Ummmm...the census is in the constitution. Every 10 years.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:23 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,755 times
I think they are always working on census gathering, but the big one is every 10 years.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:24 PM

206 posts, read 193,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Have you ever worked for the government? Have you ever worked for the Census? Do you have any idea how they hire and organize their schedules -- or why?!

And do you honestly think those numbers arent scrutinized? Or that there isnt a special slot in every reporting form to differentiate between "new hire" and "returning employee"? In a government project?!

Even the best the original article could come up with was "it seems" and "I heard." The letters in part 2 say nothing about it. But this News Corp. employee is going with these straws in order to keep you sheep upset (his job). Seems pretty flimsy to me, but it doesnt take much with you guys, right?

I'd like to know if the Census recruited more workers, percentagewise, this year than in previous years. I'll look around.
If you are saying that it is normal for government to engage in practices like that, then I must ask you another question. Are you happy with this? Do you approve of them running things like 5 year olds? If you don't, why don't you say so instead of providing cover for them? If you're not speaking out against their behavior like this especially after they just took over HC, you must be a shill for the WH. Nothing else would explain why you condone such behavior. All in all, they did it for the extra employment numbers. They have been fudging those numbers since day 1 and continue to do so.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfles View Post
If you are saying that it is normal for government to engage in practices like that, then I must ask you another question. Are you happy with this? Do you approve of them running things like 5 year olds? If you don't, why don't you say so instead of providing cover for them? If you're not speaking out against their behavior like this especially after they just took over HC, you must be a shill for the WH. Nothing else would explain why you condone such behavior. All in all, they did it for the extra employment numbers. They have been fudging those numbers since day 1 and continue to do so.
That's your opinion. What's the point in arguing opinions?

Old 05-26-2010, 12:27 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,765,252 times
Our Government cooks the books,phony data,bribes.Sounds like the mob.
Just a side note,wasnt ACORN going to help with the census?lol

Old 05-26-2010, 12:28 PM

^ e.g.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies