Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:47 AM

4,559 posts, read 4,096,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What specifically have Conservatives done in the past ten years to improve our country?

Complaining about, criticizing, or obstructing liberals does not count.

I am looking for a specific policy or change Conservatives are responsible for and the postitive result of this today.
Dramatically increased our national debt?

Give the rich more money while allowing them to screw the poor?

Deregulation of industries or making them buddy buddy with their regulators. (we only have to look at the gulf to see how well that went, but lets not forget lead in toys, and all of the food problems in recent years)?

Two wars?

Made more of the world hate us (thus giving terrorists more safe havens/larger recruiting bases)?

Allowed virtually all our industry to be shipped overseas, thus making us unable to produce what we consume and more subject to other countries policies?

I'm sure there are positives (like maybe a few rich people get richer) but for most people, the conservatives haven't done squat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 06:44 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,169,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Suuure Blame it on Bush! The only problem is that while Bush took eight years to increased the size of Government and spending to levels we have never seen before, Obama has tripled such in one year
No Obama has not tripled anything in one year. However that is just the type of hyperbole I would expect from someone trying to protect their baby Jesus.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:45 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Quote:
What specifically have Conservatives done in the past ten years to improve our country?

I am looking for a specific policy or change Conservatives are responsible for and the postitive result of this today.
Your problem is that you think 'improving the country' means handing out free sh*t to people who haven't earned it. I think that mentality destroys the country.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:

What is there to improve, when all other nations envy you?
Why change what isn't broke, only to break it in the end?
Why go to great lengths to be just like everyone else, when they wanted to be like us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies