Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 06:25 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why, yes he has.

He has resurrected the conservative movement and is leading us back in from the "wilderness".

He has generated the most divisive, partisan chasm this country has ever experienced.

With his current budget, he will increase the deficit by $10 trillion and grow the debt who knows how much.

His policies are resulting in stagnation of jobs, growth and spending.

I could go on.
Oh, you are just glossing over it. Putting it very mildly.

This dictator has me really scared. For the first time in my life, I fear the government like never before. I think we're talking Venezuela. Or Cuba.

Obama just needs to be gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 06:29 PM

470 posts, read 1,155,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

This dictator has me really scared. For the first time in my life, I fear the government like never before. I think we're talking Venezuela. Or Cuba.

That comment is ridiculous and you should feel ridiculous for making it.
You won't though.

A "dictator?"
Was your training in history that poor?
If you have a college degree, you might want to call them and insist on a full refund.
You seem to have been defrauded.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:34 PM

968 posts, read 2,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus View Post
That comment is ridiculous and you should feel ridiculous for making it.
You won't though.

A "dictator?"
Was your training in history that poor?
If you have a college degree, you might want to call them and insist on a full refund.
You seem to have been defrauded.
explain why he shouldn't feel that way. or answer the OP, no one has done that in 4 pages...

the only person who came up with anything posted this:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Obama's Campaign Promises that are Promise Kept

and i ask to that, have those "policies" changed anything?

all obama has been said to accomplish was preventing the collapse of our american society, with no proof to show it was actually on the verge of collapse...

please, show me proof of his policies and expenditures that have actually improved our economy (jobs don't count)

Old 05-27-2010, 06:35 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
He must have done something good because I've never seen righties so tighty.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:37 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
besides smile and wave?
Nope, he's done absolutely nothing...

Have you been hiding in a hole for the last two years??

Old 05-27-2010, 07:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He sure has. He's given those with apparently empty lives a 'purpose', to start inane, baseless, out of context threads bashing him before they even have a clue what the topic is.
Kinda like you, huh?

Old 05-27-2010, 07:27 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Kinda like you, huh?

Have problems with reading comprehension do ya?

Wanna list some examples of baseless bashing threads I've started?

Or wil you just continue with the exact opposite of your user name?

Old 05-27-2010, 07:33 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
besides smile and wave?
For better or for worse:

1. Health care reform.
2. START treaty with Russia.
3. Bailouts to stabilize banking and auto industries.
4. Stimulus and boosting of federal spending to help offset the economic decline due to reduced consumer spending.
5. Financial reform bill.

That's off the top of my head. I'm sure there are a ton of smaller things in there that don't get much reporting time. Soon, there will probably be oil drilling oversight reform and a repeal/modification of the don't ask / don't tell law.

So yeah, he's actually done quite a bit. Whether or not the things he has done are good is an open debate.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:09 AM

470 posts, read 1,155,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
explain why he shouldn't feel that way. or answer the OP, no one has done that in 4 pages...

the only person who came up with anything posted this:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Obama's Campaign Promises that are Promise Kept

and i ask to that, have those "policies" changed anything?

all obama has been said to accomplish was preventing the collapse of our american society, with no proof to show it was actually on the verge of collapse...

please, show me proof of his policies and expenditures that have actually improved our economy (jobs don't count)
Anyone can "feel" any way they want.
Feelings are not facts.

1) If this country was a dictatorship, then commenting about that fact would court arrest and/or lengthy imprisonment if not something worse.
Is that currently happening? Are you writing from your jail cell poster?
2) If this society is on the "verge of collapse" then where's the proof that it is? Also,since Obama was elected less than two years ago and inherited most of the issues that we are now facing,how is this so-called "collapse" his fault?
3) "Jobs don't count?" Are you saying that job creation, which is a measure of economic growth..ummm..doesn't count as economic growth?
I see that YOUR training is clearly not in economics.
4) Since I'm not making the outrageous claims of "dictatorship" nor of the "collapse" of this country, why would it be up to me prove that they are or are not happening? The burden of proof is always on the claimant.

You can say or "feel" anything that you like. That doesn't make it rational...nor does it make it true.
Come up w/ facts and figures to support your irrational claims.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:52 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:

The premise of the OP is that Obama has done nothing. You can't have it both ways. Either he's done nothing but smile and wave, or, he's done lots of terrible things that are undermining our country.

Get together with your brethren and decide which tack you're going to take today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies