Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 04:55 PM

220 posts, read 222,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
I agree that most women should be home caring for familiy and raising good kids and keeping their husbands in line .

Since woemn were allowed to vote the whole nation has went to hel . The kids are disobediante, the men are lonely and confused about their roles in society .

We had no drive by kiling , no drug pushers on the streets and no epedimics of VD . We guarded our nations soveregnty and honored familiy .

Now everyones out for themselves and the kids are lost .
ladies and gentlemen, A case in POINT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
No it's not, its' what people want conservatives to appear to be because then they can discount what they say or believe.
ohh, that's bull$hit and you know it. I tell ya, the Democrats are not the ones trumping "family values"

Old 05-28-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I think the left has a fair share of men who don't like women in leadership. Let's see, the left consistently criticize Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Ann Coulter, the women on Fox News. The left have also started criticizing Gov. Jan Brewer for signing SB1070. The left is refusing to use the words, "radical islam" due to being so PC. The left criticized Franklin Graham because he said that he didn't like the way Islamic women are treated.

I have dated conservative men who have no problem with women in leadership. My brother is conservative and has even said that he wouldn't care if he had a wife that made more money than him.
There's a big difference between criticizing and being stuck in the 1800's

Old 05-28-2010, 05:27 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Read some history --- the Norman Rockwell idyll never did exist. What did exist were children and yes women working twelve hours a day in sweatshops in the cities. As for rural/pioneer women -- do you think those women didn't work? They worked as hard as their men often helping with plowing, reaping, sowing and helping with the livestock. It was teamwork! My own great grandmother talked of driving the mule team down the mountain loaded with timber. She was not exceptional in this - she was a strong woman who helped her family. What on Earth is not American about that?

Where were the kids ? They were beside her being taught manners and disipline.

Some women are not cut out to be homebodies. they should not have kids ,imo, but then it's only an opinion, not anything else .

Many women also joined the wars and served their nation with honor, not like ' some' today who dishonor it by serving .

I'm older and I don't remember all this abuse done to women by men . I do rememebr a few men wearing frying pans upside their heads though . Women always ruled best at home .

Old 05-28-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner71 View Post
There's a big difference between criticizing and being stuck in the 1800's

You gotta admit the styles were much better then, I loved those old dresses with full krenlins .

Now I get to see the pubic hairs of little embiciles in baggy pants . And although I was guilty too , the women leave nothin to the imagination .

sorry for the typos, had to chase a peep .

Old 05-28-2010, 06:35 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Where were the kids ? They were beside her being taught manners and disipline.
Not always --- more than likely they were beside their grandmother or other eldery relative while mom and dad where off taming the wilderness or working in a factory.
Some women are not cut out to be homebodies. they should not have kids ,imo, but then it's only an opinion, not anything else .
No, homemaking in not just an option...it's a noble profession.
Many women also joined the wars and served their nation with honor, not like ' some' today who dishonor it by serving .
I'll agree with that. I think that the women who are in the modern military then cop out when it comes to being deployed by either becoming pregnant or complaining because they can't find someone to raise their children are horrible and do a grave diservice to all the women who have served honorably and frankly no doubt took a lot of sh&t breaking down barriers.
I'm older and I don't remember all this abuse done to women by men . I do rememebr a few men wearing frying pans upside their heads though . Women always ruled best at home .

Hmmm, not always. My mother remembers her aunts coming over to her house and saying things like 'old Mr. X really gave it to Mary last night --- she won't be leaving the house till her eye heals' or whatever bruise she may have gotten. Abuse happened and everyone in the neighborhood was aware of it -- just ask your mother or older female relatives.

Also, my mil was abused by her mentally unstable husband and her priest told her it was her duty to stay in that marriage. Pretty f'ed up, wasn't it?

Of course not all men are/were abusive just like there is nothing inherently wrong with being a stay at home mom. I am one, after all. What is wrong is romanticizing a time that never really happened, and justifying pigeonholing people based on sex, race or sexual preference.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:27 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He believes in all state rights over federal
He would probably shoot illegals if he owned a gun (only kidding on that one) but he is 100% behind everything the AZ law stands for
He is 100% opposed to any health care bill
he is pro life
he is pro capitol punishment
he is a strong supporter of the military
he believes about 1/2 of the people on welfare should be there
and this is the one he and I go around and around about: he is pro Sarah P.

Saying all that, he believes in equal rights for all and isn't a bigot or racist but he doesn't believe in affirmative action or reverse dicrimination.

Does that pretty much answer your question...???

Nita
Yes it does thank you

Old 05-28-2010, 07:46 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I think the left has a fair share of men who don't like women in leadership. Let's see, the left consistently criticize Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Ann Coulter, the women on Fox News. The left have also started criticizing Gov. Jan Brewer for signing SB1070. The left is refusing to use the words, "radical islam" due to being so PC. The left criticized Franklin Graham because he said that he didn't like the way Islamic women are treated.

I have dated conservative men who have no problem with women in leadership. My brother is conservative and has even said that he wouldn't care if he had a wife that made more money than him.
ANn Coulter is not a "woman in leadership". She's a media attack dog. And that is what the left doesn't like about her.
The criticism toward Sarah Palin is not about her leadership. I don't think people had a big problem with her in Alaska. But she was nominated to be a heartbeat away from being POTUS. And she's just not qualified for that.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:57 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,013 times
Quote:
You gotta admit the styles were much better then, I loved those old dresses with full krenlins .

Now I get to see the pubic hairs of little embiciles in baggy pants . And although I was guilty too , the women leave nothin to the imagination .

sorry for the typos, had to chase a peep .
WTF? You lost me on that one

Old 05-28-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Hmmm, not always. My mother remembers her aunts coming over to her house and saying things like 'old Mr. X really gave it to Mary last night --- she won't be leaving the house till her eye heals' or whatever bruise she may have gotten. Abuse happened and everyone in the neighborhood was aware of it -- just ask your mother or older female relatives.

Also, my mil was abused by her mentally unstable husband and her priest told her it was her duty to stay in that marriage. Pretty f'ed up, wasn't it?

Of course not all men are/were abusive just like there is nothing inherently wrong with being a stay at home mom. I am one, after all. What is wrong is romanticizing a time that never really happened, and justifying pigeonholing people based on sex, race or sexual preference.

Of course there were abused women all thru history, but their were also abused men, they just were too embaressed to tell anyone . But the fact is most women were not abused and had it made on the most part not all were pioneers ,some were city slickers .

Today women and children are abused much more than then . Sadly especially little girls . Some elementary school kids are molested by their peers in school , they have this thing called hooking up where they just drop down and give oral sex to any boy who ask for it . I'm the grandmother of 11 teens and young adults 7 are girls so i pay attention . Some of the things they tell me will knock your socks off .

When I was a young lady anyone even ask for a kiss would have been attacked by other boys, today theres no respect . Since the 60s and the beatnics and hippies the kids are bascally on their own .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies