Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:00 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
NPOV sorter-outer for those new to Sarah's current soap drama.

Who is Sarah Palin's 'stalker'? - The Week
Great article. This line has Palin pegged to a tee: "Sarah Palin had been a bare-knuckle backwoods populist who’d built a career out of puffing up dragons she could then slay."

That's exactly what she'd doing with this situation with the author moving in next door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 09:14 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,209 times
That's right, Palin's previous neighbors were recovering drug addicts and alcoholics

Question: Did Palin complain about those neighbors intruding on her privacy? Did Palin engage in fear mongering about the well being of her children back then? [good question]

We do know Palin launched a wicked and disgraceful smear campaign this week against Joe McGinniss when she found out the author, who is working on a book about Palin, had rented the house next door to her in Wasilla, Alaska. Writing on her Facebook page (or paying somebody to write for her on her Facebook page; there's no way of actually knowing), Palin portrayed McGinnis as intruding on her privacy and a would-be pedophile who wanted to lurk around her children's windows. Even though yes, it was Palin who invaded McGinnis' privacy this week by publishing a photo of him on his back deck. And yes, Palin only found about McGinniss after her husband went over to McGinnis' home. So who's stalking whom?

Palin quickly made the media rounds. Nailing herself to the rhetorical cross, the half-term governor and full-time Fox News flak, attacked McGinniss as a "creepy" "odd character," claiming his moving in next door was "sick." She feared him "peering" through her windows, and whipped the right-wing mob into a get-McGinnis frenzy. (The McGinniss death threats have already been spotted.)

Old 05-28-2010, 09:18 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Great article. This line has Palin pegged to a tee: "Sarah Palin had been a bare-knuckle backwoods populist who’d built a career out of puffing up dragons she could then slay."

That's exactly what she'd doing with this situation with the author moving in next door.
I know this is why Palin gets so much press -- her games-playing inspires fun writing.

It's amazing how people dont see through her, isnt it? But they don't.

And she sure knows how to play them.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:28 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Doesn't look like a new fence. It looks like they nailed a 4x4 vertically on an existing fence and simply jacked it up to raise it.
Have you looked at the ABC video?

Beautiful job.

Poor Joe (according to Greta @ Fox, the Wasilla Stalker), he's now the victim, right?

Old 05-28-2010, 09:30 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I know this is why Palin gets so much press -- her games-playing inspires fun writing.

It's amazing how people dont see through her, isnt it? But they don't.

And she sure knows how to play them.
I am reminded of the video clip of Palin in a fishing boat with hip waders on. Why did she do this? I think she was trying to impress her friends. If that boat had capsized or she fell in the water those waders would quickly fill with water and she would have drown. Dumb ass, stupid.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:33 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
I am reminded of the video clip of Palin in a fishing boat with hip waders on. Why did she do this? I think she was trying to impress her friends. If that boat had capsized or she fell in the water those waders would quickly fill with water and she would have drown. Dumb ass, stupid.
I guess you know absolutely nothing about commercial fishing. that is what they wear.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:35 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Have you looked at the ABC video?

Beautiful job.

Poor Joe (according to Greta @ Fox, the Wasilla Stalker), he's now the victim, right?
Yep, great move by Palin.

Took care of that creep, McGinniss, and his Peeping Tom problem.

Kudos to Palin, way to go.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:55 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Yep, great move by Palin.

Took care of that creep, McGinniss, and his Peeping Tom problem.

Kudos to Palin, way to go.
Ya, great move by the Palin's. They don't bother with a fence when newly released x-cons were cycling in and out to live next door between 2005 and 2008 but they put one up when a nearly 70 year old author with no criminal history moves in and when there absolutely no reason to believe the man is a Peeping Tom other than a drama queen's Facebook projections.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:07 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Ya, great move by the Palin's. They don't bother with a fence when newly released x-cons were cycling in and out to live next door between 2005 and 2008 but they put one up when a nearly 70 year old author with no criminal history moves in and when there absolutely no reason to believe the man is a Peeping Tom other than a drama queen's Facebook projections.
I disagree, I recall the guy from his dealings with Jeff MacDonald, I clearly vote for "peeping Tom" and "creep".

I think the fence was a great idea, should run some electricity through it too.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:18 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
How sick are you?
Not as sick as that headcheese witch in Wasilla, Alaska...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies