Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:00 AM

138 posts, read 165,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Oh my God.

So what is? College dorms? Because, you know, those are set up randomly. Like, I, a gay man, was randomly paired with a straight man freshman year. And you know what? We became best friends and lived together all four years. Then when we graduated we found out it was the psych department doing an experiment on us except oops that never happened except in your bizarro world.

GROW UP!!!!
So now you support Nobama doing his own psych experiment on our military to get even? Nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 08:04 AM

138 posts, read 165,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
When I was in Iraq (03-04 and 07-08) there were tents that you knew not to go into at night because they were gay hook up place. Everyone I know in the military is against this I see bad things coming ahead if this goes through.
Looks like the resident whack-jobs are leaving your post alone. I'll give them a chance to read it again so they can twist your post around to make it sound like a good thing.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:07 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
Straight soldiers rape far more often than gays. and newsflash :
There are GAY officers already IN the military. They don't have to rape to get dates. Gays have been in the military for centuries. Get a grip on reality, you phobes !!

Old 05-28-2010, 08:13 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious View Post
So you admit all you have is secondhand knowledge. You've never been in an isolated combat environment.
Of course there have always been gays in the military. Quietly though, the way it should be. The last thing I'd want to see as a recon platoon leader is one of my scouts swishing along with his rucksack on his way to his team's OP.
It's all about distractions, people will get killed over this decision. And you stupid people are too dense to see our military is not the place for social experiments.
OK no pink fatigues when on patrol.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:16 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
OK no pink fatigues when on patrol.
And none of those old-timey Union suits with the hatch in the butt.

Makes it too easy.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:23 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
When I was in Iraq (03-04 and 07-08) there were tents that you knew not to go into at night because they were gay hook up place. Everyone I know in the military is against this I see bad things coming ahead if this goes through.
How are female personall getting pregnant while on deployment? Surely not in the 'gay tents'...........

Obviously people are hooking up regardless of their sexual orientation. Does that offend you as well?

Old 05-28-2010, 12:28 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
So you admit all you have is secondhand knowledge. You've never been in an isolated combat environment.
Of course there have always been gays in the military. Quietly though, the way it should be. The last thing I'd want to see as a recon platoon leader is one of my scouts swishing along with his rucksack on his way to his team's OP.
It's all about distractions, people will get killed over this decision. And you stupid people are too dense to see our military is not the place for social experiments.
Are you saying that you were/are a recon leader? Just what are your qualifications if my 'second hand' knowledge is not good enough?

And why would you assume that a gay man would 'swish'? One of my nephews who is gay is a general contractor with many 'manly' tatoos. I assure you he doesnot and has never 'swished'
By this reasoning you should have no problem with lesbians serving. After all, they are are all so 'butch' you shouldn't be able to tell the difference between one of them and a 'regular' (i.e. straight white male) soldier, right?

Here is a newsflash for you; People are not stereotypes. Not all blacks like watermelon, not all hispanics have an accent, not all asians are bad drivers, not all women are prissy, and not all gay men 'swish'.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:33 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:
Oh for Pete sake! Do you honestly believe that all gays are 'swishy' and than no straight men are? If so, then you are a fool.

Quote:
Which, imo, is exactly why DADT needs to end now.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:37 PM

329 posts, read 201,794 times
I've heard of those gay orgeees at the rest stops. Now those clowns will just join the army and get free meals to boot.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:42 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
And you stupid people are too dense to see our military is not the place for social experiments.
What is the experiment exactly?

Like African Americans and women, we know that gays are capable and productive members of our society the only "experiment" is getting the Military to keep up with the greater society of which it is a part of. In 1948, integrating African Americans was considered by some a "social experiment" even though African Americans had served and fought in every war America has ever engaged in. In 1994, the great "social experiment" was to integrate women into combat roles even though women were full integrated into the military in 1949, to day women serve with distinction as fighter pilots, ship commanders and military police, just to name a few. In each case the full integration of African Americans and women was called the end of the U.S. military as an effective fight force, and in each case the critics were proven woefully wrong. Like African Americans and women, gays have always served in the military, the recognition of that fact by ending DADT is long overdue.

HM2 O.V. Catto 1970-74

Last edited by ovcatto; 05-28-2010 at 01:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies