Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 01:45 AM

804 posts, read 1,964,604 times

Advertisements

It's just a tactic to get more funding. Are we supposed to believe that male soldiers never assault female soldiers? Besides...

Top 10 Anti-Gay Politicians Caught Being Gay: Anti-Gay Activists Out of The Closet | Ranker - A World of Lists
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 02:03 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious View Post
I'm not anti-gay. I am however, in favor of preserving our military's readiness.
Gays and their activists don't care about that. They just want to stir the pot and conduct their little social experiment. Nobama doesn't even care about gays, he's doing this so he can wrap up their vote.
Some things are just better left as they are. What do you know about the military anyway? I mean, besides what nancy pelosi told you?
Wow.

Dude, you go to work everyday and do your job, right? And don't worry about your boss asking about your sex life? How would you feel if your boss said, "let's conduct a social experiment on your sex life."

Pretty intrusive, isn't it? But, oh, that's just Nancy Pelosi, right? *eyeroll*

Old 05-28-2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
I know gays are evvvery where my point is the comfort level of the non gay serving with them. Have you ever heard of hot racking? No its not some deviant sex thing it was an actual practice used on subs 80 crewmen 60 beds
Some poor chap had to get up start a shift and his relief would jump in the same rack. I served aboard ship 20 people crammed in a tight space the size of an office. military order and discipline would greatly suffer. ultimately leading to mistakes being made and getting people getting killed. iam sorry the military is no place for a liberal social experiment
Oh my God.

So what is? College dorms? Because, you know, those are set up randomly. Like, I, a gay man, was randomly paired with a straight man freshman year. And you know what? We became best friends and lived together all four years. Then when we graduated we found out it was the psych department doing an experiment on us except oops that never happened except in your bizarro world.

GROW UP!!!!

Old 05-28-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I am a republican and I am not a lunatic. I believe IN gay marriage and I believe that gays should be able to serve openly in the military. Just because some lunatics are republican does not mean every republican is a lunatic.
THIS.

And I'm sorry to the sane Republicans that prominent insane Republicans are doing this to you. Prominent insane Democrats have done this to me before too, and you just have to grin and bear it.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:09 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Were you being sarcastic when you said the psych department was doing an experiment on you two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Oh my God.

So what is? College dorms? Because, you know, those are set up randomly. Like, I, a gay man, was randomly paired with a straight man freshman year. And you know what? We became best friends and lived together all four years. Then when we graduated we found out it was the psych department doing an experiment on us except oops that never happened except in your bizarro world.

GROW UP!!!!

Old 05-28-2010, 04:53 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Oh my God.

GROW UP!!!!
First off good for you both. Dont tell me to grow up I have seen this first hand and lived it In college you had a choice who you lived with. Would you like to be stuck a cubicle with a bunch of guys from the Westboro baptist church? How long would you last? My biggest point is that there will be problems.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:27 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Assuming that the 8.2% of "homosexual in nature" rapes were committed by gay members of the military, an influx of gays in the military would only increase that statistic. Isn't that common sense? Maybe it's being used as a scare tactic, but is it true?
That's "assuming" that all the rapes and assaults which were "homosexual in nature" (ie male on male) were actually committed by gay men and not straight men. Which would be an incorrect assumption.

Look at prisons for example... do you really believe that all the men who rape other men in prisons are actually gay? It's about domination, humilation and control, not sexual orientation.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:35 AM

687 posts, read 1,946,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's incredibly bad reasoning. Why would a heterosexual man assault a heterosexual woman, if they could "just go somewhere and do it in private"?
In their world, all gays have sex with all of the other gays, all of the time.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:51 AM

138 posts, read 165,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
For gods sake ---- there are gays serving in all branches of our military! The only difference would be that they would not be discharged if they were openly gay (in the same way straight soldiers are openly hetero).
There have always been and there will always be gay men and women serving in our military.

And by the way --- Pelosi is whatever the female equivalent of a doucheb*g is. I know about the military from my husband, his sister, his half sisters dh, my father and a hell of a lot of my neighbors. None are shocked by the idea of gays in the military.
So you admit all you have is secondhand knowledge. You've never been in an isolated combat environment.
Of course there have always been gays in the military. Quietly though, the way it should be. The last thing I'd want to see as a recon platoon leader is one of my scouts swishing along with his rucksack on his way to his team's OP.
It's all about distractions, people will get killed over this decision. And you stupid people are too dense to see our military is not the place for social experiments.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:57 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Because we don't have more important issues to worry about than what solidiers do with their junk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies