U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:42 PM

23,709 posts, read 21,133,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Did you bother to read and comprehend the second sentence of the post you quoted?

YC.......
"That's a good thing, right?" Yes, I read that

I found the third sentence more interesting, though. Since California is boycotting Arizona, i don't assume it will follow suit. So why not hop over to California? And if necessary up to the liberal northwest
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 05:42 PM

6,213 posts, read 6,841,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
When you only look at a Spanish people only is Racial discrimination. There are people that are as White as George Bush that want to destroy our country.

Those shades will get a pass. My people will be PUBLIC ENEMY number 1.

Does that make sense?

That law sucks!
I wouldnt presume to argue that there are many people of many "shades" as you put it that are here illegally.

The law gives none of them a pass. So I would have to question if your assertion in that regard makes sense.

I'll respectfully ask again...........did YOU read the law? Or are you allowing yourself to be a victim of propaganda foisted upon you by others with their own agenda?

YC.......

Old 05-28-2010, 05:55 PM

6,213 posts, read 6,841,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
"That's a good thing, right?" Yes, I read that

I found the third sentence more interesting, though. Since California is boycotting Arizona, i don't assume it will follow suit. So why not hop over to California? And if necessary up to the liberal northwest
Ok, I guess you got me on the technicality Not the question, but the third sentence.

I dont see why anyone elects NOT to enforce the laws that exist against those engaging in illegal activities. If Arizona decides to enforce those laws, and that creates a migration of criminals into another state, it becomes incumbent upon that other state to enact laws, or, easier, use those already on the books and enforce them.

"Reform" is not what is needed. It is simply the will to enforce the laws already in existence. The more pertinent questions become....why arent those laws enforced? and why is there any debate over a need for "reform"?

YC.......

Old 05-28-2010, 06:00 PM

23,709 posts, read 21,133,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Ok, I guess you got me on the technicality Not the question, but the third sentence.

I dont see why anyone elects NOT to enforce the laws that exist against those engaging in illegal activities. If Arizona decides to enforce those laws, and that creates a migration of criminals into another state, it becomes incumbent upon that other state to enact laws, or, easier, use those already on the books and enforce them.

"Reform" is not what is needed. It is simply the will to enforce the laws already in existence. The more pertinent questions become....why arent those laws enforced? and why is there any debate over a need for "reform"?

YC.......
Maybe because there is a demand for illegal aliens in the US and politicians know it? They probably work for less than US-Americans, don't dare to complain much, etc.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:39 PM

531 posts, read 298,824 times
generalizing is a natural part of life and the theres nothing wrong with it because most of the time its true.....i didn't mean all right wingers are extremists i just meant the ones that are make them all look bad.....I dont really care about politics or obama im talking about the attitudes of people... im not sure who said it but they were right all this is pointless most of you arent willing to here each other out.....you guys should stop arguing and start discussing....I think a lot of people forgot that were all americans and regardless of what you think we are all on the same side....i think are biggest problems right now are mexico(drug lords not immigrants) , north korea and are own internal struggles

Old 05-29-2010, 04:12 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,338,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
Today i started reading these threads and its definetly a weird state. The country is divided in half and both sides hate each other. Now im gonna give my opinions just to add my 2 cents.

To all you left wingers stop saying you love freedom and what not. You guys are the first to jump on a person for disagreeing with you. I see you guys constantly saying people are racist but the second somebody says they don't like Obama or have a different opinion u call them redneck, kkk, ignorant. Freedom is a 2 way street not everybody could agree with you. I feel like a lot of liberals like judging issues that have nothing to do with them. For example people in arizona seem to liek the new bill for the most part yet where i live(nyc) everybody is bitching and crying about it. If you ask me if you don't live in Az then its not really your business. Not to mention most liberals i have met are really suburban all white all white schools all white friends all white life yet your always calling people racist.

Right wingers need to stop being so extreme about things. When you go on violent rants it discredits all the smart things you may have said. When you generalize all liberals you make yourself just as ignorant as they are.

Just my opinions i was interested to hear the feedback
I would agree with most of your post.

First, I think this forum is useful. I have found out what many of my fellow citizens are thinking. I have also learned a thing or two on here by seeing boths sides of the more intelligent posts.

I think there are radical liberals willing to throw names around and refusing to be flexible.

I think there are liberals on here who are open and who are very thoughtful.

I think there are radical conservatives on here willing to throw names around and refusing to be flexible.

I have seen thoughtful conservatives on here who are open to listening to the other side.

Yes there are trolls and they are obvious. And there have been some disturbing posts on here. But overall I think there have been great, thoughful threads and it's from those I have learned. From both sides.

It's funny. Many years ago I thought myself a liberal. I grew up in the 50's and 60's. In our house Democrats were for the people and Republicans for the big money. Then more radicals emerged from both parties. And I personally became jaded about the whole political process. Now I don't care for either party. To me, the last liberal from my time was Ted Kennedy. Now I don't recognize the Democratic party. Or for that matter the Republican party.

Seems the pols just care about themselves and not the people. And we are just stuck with them.

JMO, what really disburbs me are the people of this nation who prefer to get their news from biased news sources on both sides. I personally would rather wade through the garbage and find the facts. And that is becoming increasingly more difficult to do. I usually try and catch news conferences live so I can hear for myself and not the spin later on. I just think we need to find the facts for ourselves and stop buying the hype. Cripes, most of these people telling us their opinions are nothing more than show business people.

Anyway, just my two cents minus inflation of course.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:45 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,665,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Im fully employed but its easy to down load IE spell check. Just google it.

No thanks ! I don't multi task like I use to, and I have many interuptions while Ipost here , taking care of baby chics, taking care of disabled spouse , dogs, gardens and many other household jobs .

I spell as well as most without spellcheck, and my $10 a mon. web won't pull up half the pages anyway . If it gets real bad I have a dictionary . Plus much of my mis-pellings are typos anyway .

Old 05-29-2010, 04:45 PM

3,046 posts, read 5,577,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
Today i started reading these threads and its definetly a weird state. The country is divided in half and both sides hate each other. Now im gonna give my opinions just to add my 2 cents.

To all you left wingers stop saying you love freedom and what not. You guys are the first to jump on a person for disagreeing with you. I see you guys constantly saying people are racist but the second somebody says they don't like Obama or have a different opinion u call them redneck, kkk, ignorant. Freedom is a 2 way street not everybody could agree with you. I feel like a lot of liberals like judging issues that have nothing to do with them. For example people in arizona seem to liek the new bill for the most part yet where i live(nyc) everybody is bitching and crying about it. If you ask me if you don't live in Az then its not really your business. Not to mention most liberals i have met are really suburban all white all white schools all white friends all white life yet your always calling people racist.

Right wingers need to stop being so extreme about things. When you go on violent rants it discredits all the smart things you may have said. When you generalize all liberals you make yourself just as ignorant as they are.

Just my opinions i was interested to hear the feedback

Great post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies