Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 08:55 PM

531 posts, read 338,009 times

Advertisements

Today i started reading these threads and its definetly a weird state. The country is divided in half and both sides hate each other. Now im gonna give my opinions just to add my 2 cents.

To all you left wingers stop saying you love freedom and what not. You guys are the first to jump on a person for disagreeing with you. I see you guys constantly saying people are racist but the second somebody says they don't like Obama or have a different opinion u call them redneck, kkk, ignorant. Freedom is a 2 way street not everybody could agree with you. I feel like a lot of liberals like judging issues that have nothing to do with them. For example people in arizona seem to liek the new bill for the most part yet where i live(nyc) everybody is bitching and crying about it. If you ask me if you don't live in Az then its not really your business. Not to mention most liberals i have met are really suburban all white all white schools all white friends all white life yet your always calling people racist.

Right wingers need to stop being so extreme about things. When you go on violent rants it discredits all the smart things you may have said. When you generalize all liberals you make yourself just as ignorant as they are.

Just my opinions i was interested to hear the feedback
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 08:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
I agree mostly with your post. It's not all libs and all conservatives though; I'd say it's the extreme ones who won't waiver from "their" correct opinion and it can come from either party.

Extremists don't compromise..it's either their way or it's wrong and you are <pick your favorite label>

Old 05-27-2010, 09:02 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,059 times
I think this has always existed, but the internet just makes it more obvious. Before this type of communication you may never know your neighbors feelings on abortion, for example. But since the advent of this medium it allows anonymous airing of opinions.

For what it is worth, I think this type of thing is healthy it really does force you to examine your beliefs before spouting off. Of course there are many who come here simply to stir the pot but they are easily spotted and dispatched.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:03 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,202,988 times
I think you have done a pretty good job of describing the situation. Liberals are always referring to conservative as "racists", "rednecks", "uneducated", "religious nuts", etc. and looking down their noses at them. Conservatives respond with their own brand of insults.

And as a conservative I want to thank you for giving us credit for having intelligent things to say.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:05 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I agree mostly with your post. It's not all libs and all conservatives though; I'd say it's the extreme ones who won't waiver from "their" correct opinion and it can come from either party.

Extremists don't compromise..it's either their way or it's wrong and you are <pick your favorite label>

I also don't think you can judge the country by this forum.

Also because of the very nature of this forum (politics and other controversies) does not lend itself to compromise.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:08 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,826 times
Some how I doubt you will get any person on the left giving you a high 5 on this post but I do agree with most of what you said.

I'm gonna just watch this because I am pretty sure you will be called a troll within the next 24 hours.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:10 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
Today i started reading these threads and its definetly a weird state. The country is divided in half and both sides hate each other. Now im gonna give my opinions just to add my 2 cents.

To all you left wingers stop saying you love freedom and what not. You guys are the first to jump on a person for disagreeing with you. I see you guys constantly saying people are racist but the second somebody says they don't like Obama or have a different opinion u call them redneck, kkk, ignorant. Freedom is a 2 way street not everybody could agree with you. I feel like a lot of liberals like judging issues that have nothing to do with them. For example people in arizona seem to liek the new bill for the most part yet where i live(nyc) everybody is bitching and crying about it. If you ask me if you don't live in Az then its not really your business. Not to mention most liberals i have met are really suburban all white all white schools all white friends all white life yet your always calling people racist.

Right wingers need to stop being so extreme about things. When you go on violent rants it discredits all the smart things you may have said. When you generalize all liberals you make yourself just as ignorant as they are.

I agree . I have been called every bad word an old white lady can be called .

Funny how none of them are hate speech yet they are the worse thing you can call someone acording the the name callers .

Old 05-27-2010, 09:14 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,482 times
Quote:
Today i started reading these threads and its definetly a weird state. The country is divided in half and both sides hate each other.
It's not prudent to base your opinion on the state of this nation on the threads posted anonymously in this forum.

The media exists to sell advertising, and controversy draws the most eyes.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:26 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,332,477 times
Quote:

I agree.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:40 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,482 times
me too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies