Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 11:00 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
Today i started reading these threads and its definetly a weird state. The country is divided in half and both sides hate each other. Now im gonna give my opinions just to add my 2 cents.

To all you left wingers stop saying you love freedom and what not. You guys are the first to jump on a person for disagreeing with you. I see you guys constantly saying people are racist but the second somebody says they don't like Obama or have a different opinion u call them redneck, kkk, ignorant. Freedom is a 2 way street not everybody could agree with you. I feel like a lot of liberals like judging issues that have nothing to do with them. For example people in arizona seem to liek the new bill for the most part yet where i live(nyc) everybody is bitching and crying about it. If you ask me if you don't live in Az then its not really your business. Not to mention most liberals i have met are really suburban all white all white schools all white friends all white life yet your always calling people racist.

Right wingers need to stop being so extreme about things. When you go on violent rants it discredits all the smart things you may have said. When you generalize all liberals you make yourself just as ignorant as they are.

Just my opinions i was interested to hear the feedback
The size of your paragraphs tells me all I need to know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 11:08 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The size of your paragraphs tells me all I need to know

I'm looking for a tutor, you looking for a job ? I have very long paragraphs too and no spell check so I have to wing it with the spelling .

Old 05-27-2010, 11:39 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
wow, I feel a less divisive atmosphere here already.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:46 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
wow, I feel a less divisive atmosphere here already.
No you don't..........lefty whack job or is that a righty wing nut

Old 05-27-2010, 11:53 PM

358 posts, read 395,043 times
Troll!! No, not really. I do agree with the authors opinion, very well thought out. There is only one solution... extremist on both sides fight it out. The far right can bring rifles and pistols, the far left can bring "hope and change" (ooops) Illegal Immigrants for human shields and bongs. I would pay to watch that fight..epic...

Old 05-28-2010, 12:20 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Yet another thread by "moderate" or "independent" who tries to equate liberals with the extreme views of your modern day, standard issue Conservative. They just don't know what they are talking about. I'm sorry if that offends you but it's the truth.

This Pew poll came out 3 days ago and it shows us very clearly who the obstructionists are. Liberals and independents are 2 twice as likely to approve of someone willing to compromise compared to a conservative.

The latest Pew Research/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll, sponsored by SHRM, finds more positive than negative reactions to a candidate who is willing to make compromises. A substantial minority (42%) say they would be more likely to vote for a candidate who will make compromises with people they disagree with; only about half as many (22%) say they would be less likely to back a candidate willing to compromise, while 29% say it will make no difference. But there is a wide partisan divide. More than twice as many Republicans (40%) as Democrats (19%) or independents (15%) say they would be less willing to favor a candidate willing to compromise.

Not to mention the politically motivated killings in the USA coming from the religious right, anti-government kooks, and liberal haters which I've documented numerous times.

Nothing on the Left remotely compares to this.

Just two days ago a right wing poster on this board got kicked for writing he wished someone would kill Obama....Disgusting and vile..

Only a know-nothing would compare the two groups today

Old 05-28-2010, 06:48 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Some how I doubt you will get any person on the left giving you a high 5 on this post but I do agree with most of what you said.

I'm gonna just watch this because I am pretty sure you will be called a troll within the next 24 hours.
BINGO!!!!

Right on both, Cyber Queen.

(See above.)

Old 05-28-2010, 07:05 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,825 times
:38

This is why it's divided. Comments like this from the right.

YouTube - O'Reilly to black guest, you kind of look like one [Cocaine Dealer] a little bit

Drugs Dealers are White, Black, Asian and Hispanic. O' Reilly and his views are shared by his cohorts.

Dr. Marc Lamont Hill is a Professor at Columbia University. You would have to think based on O's comment he believes all Black people are drug dealers.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
They just don't know what they are talking about. I'm sorry if that offends you but it's the truth.

Nothing on the Left remotely compares to this.

Only a know-nothing would compare the two groups today
Perfect example of "I'm right, you're wrong and that's that..no discussion, no debate, no compromise." Then go on to demean, belittle and marginalize them.

I see this going on constantly in the government.
Reminds me of a dictatorship trying to get complete control because they know what's best and all other options have 0 value.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:10 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
I'm looking for a tutor, you looking for a job ? I have very long paragraphs too and no spell check so I have to wing it with the spelling .
Im fully employed but its easy to down load IE spell check. Just google it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies