Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:14 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
:38

This is why it's divided. Comments like this from the right.

YouTube - O'Reilly to black guest, you kind of look like one [Cocaine Dealer] a little bit

Drugs Dealers are White, Black, Asian and Hispanic. O' Reilly and his views are shared by his cohorts.

Dr. Marc Lamont Hill is a Professor at Columbia University. You would have to think based on O's comment he believes all Black people are drug dealers.
God knows it never happens on the left. LOL

YouTube - Joe Biden's racist slip

At least we have sense enough not to elect them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 09:52 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,825 times
shorebaby ^^^

Your right it does exist on both sides. But we are currently having an immigration debate right now in AZ racially profileing Hispanics. Led by the Republicans.

(add the Siren sound) woooooooooo wooooooooooo wooooooooooo

The Officer --Pull over -

The innocent Hispanic Man--"Yes officer. Why did you pull me over?"

The Officer --"I need to see your Green Card, License, Birth Certificate, Mother Maiden name, Driver's License and a copy of your latest Electric Bill".

The innocent Hispanic Man --"But Officer I was born here, all I have is my Drivers license.!!!!!"

The Officer---" Please step out of your vehicle"

The innocent Hispanic Man ---"Officer I'm Puerto Rican, I'm a US citizen".

The Officer --- " Wait here while I run your profile".

This will probably happen everyday to an unsuspected Hispanic person.

Another reason why this country is divided.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:49 AM

3,378 posts, read 5,009,205 times
Quote:
shorebaby ^^^

Your right it does exist on both sides. But we are currently having an immigration debate right now in AZ racially profileing Hispanics. Led by the Republicans.

The Officer --"I need to see your Green Card, License, Birth Certificate, Mother Maiden name, Driver's License and a copy of your latest Electric Bill".

The innocent Hispanic Man --"But Officer I was born here, all I have is my Drivers license.!!!!!"

Oh yeah, all us stupid, evil, Arizona racists. While the illegal lovers were protesting for the non existing rights of people who shouldn't be here, THIS HAPPENED!

YouTube - Arizona, Pinal County Sheriff's Deputy Was Shot By Illegal Alien With AK-47 April 30 2010

Old 05-28-2010, 10:52 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Perfect example of "I'm right, you're wrong and that's that..no discussion, no debate, no compromise." Then go on to demean, belittle and marginalize them.

I see this going on constantly in the government.
Reminds me of a dictatorship trying to get complete control because they know what's best and all other options have 0 value.
Boo hoo! I'm being intolerant of your intolerence.....LOL

Old 05-28-2010, 10:53 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I also don't think you can judge the country by this forum.

Also because of the very nature of this forum (politics and other controversies) does not lend itself to compromise.
I agree.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:11 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,825 times
Desert kid.

Illegal lover no not me.

I just disagree with the new AZ law. Innocent Hispanics are the people I'm worried about. The Illegals are just going to avoid entering AZ. I guaruntee that is what's going to happen. So now Spanish Americans will constantly be harrasaed daily for looking a certain way.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
shorebaby ^^^

I wasn't aware that anything other than a drivers license was required to prove citizenship. It also my understanding that the request for proof of citizenship cannot be request unless someone is stopped for another violation.

Please provide data to correct me.

Whoops did some more research. It looks like you are wrong. So this should allay any concerns you have.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/Byron-York/A-carefully-crafted-immigration-law-in-Arizona-92136104.html (broken link)

"But what if the driver of the car had shown the officer his driver's license? The law clearly says that if someone produces a valid Arizona driver's license, or other state-issued identification, they are presumed to be here legally. There's no reasonable suspicion."[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Last edited by shorebaby; 05-28-2010 at 11:58 AM..

Old 05-28-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Desert kid.

Illegal lover no not me.

I just disagree with the new AZ law. Innocent Hispanics are the people I'm worried about. The Illegals are just going to avoid entering AZ. I guaruntee that is what's going to happen. So now Spanish Americans will constantly be harrasaed daily for looking a certain way.

The law is crystal clear on when a person can be questioned. Only if they are detained for another reason. And a drivers license is all that is needed. I don't think any police officer is itching to get sued. I am confident they will be very scrupulous in enforcing this law.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:35 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,248 times
Kinda ironic to talk about unity when your 2 cents are based on petty generalizations.

The whole left vs right thing doesn't mean anything. It's just another bone that the media and/or politicians throw at people so that they will fight over it. I don't think they are malicious about it, like diverting our attention while they do something evil. I don't buy into conspiracies.

But it's simply the media know that noise and screaming sells more than long boging serious discussions and politicians avoid tripping over details and lose people's attention when they boil it down for the lowest common denominator.

There's absoluetely no point in trying to reconcile both sides of these arguments since there is no conversation or debate to begin with. Both sides already made up their minds, have no intention of listening to what others might bring to the table and are really into this kinda of fighting for entertainment purposes. And when they aren't the ones slinging the mud, they listen/read/watch whoever thinks like them do it, but in a much more spectacular manner. With the amount of media around, it's really easy to find someone who thinks exactly like we do so that we can remain comfortable and intellectually dishonest.

In the end, it is your choice to participate to this fighting or not. IMO, it's better to sit it out and watch people rip into each others from the sidelines. You will quickly notice that the people engaged in these false debates are often poor and/or uneducated. So while you are busy fighting over that bone, the people who really know what's going on are laughing at the whole scene in their cocktail parties.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:56 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
BINGO!!!!

Right on both, Cyber Queen.

(See above.)

LOL didn't even take 24 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies