Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 01:05 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I get hit on all the time. Sometimes subtly. Sometimes not so subtly. My significant other finds it quite funny.
Not me, though. I am an UNattractive person. I can actually go to a gay bar and not get hit upon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 01:09 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrooster27 View Post
Most people would agree that men are more sexual, well, how to word this... more sexually agressive than woman, on average.

So.. if you take a gay male.... not in a relationship.... put him downrange for 9months to a year, and you put others just like him with him..... the chance that something will happen is very very very high.

That being said, yes it is happening now, but you can get in trouble for it, but if the law passes they will be running around, kissing each other off duty, holding hands, like normal male/female relationships.

And I, as a soldier, dont wanna be stuck surrounded by that, maybe in the real world it is ok, but not in the military.

And the military isn't the real world, it is the military.
Even if it is a heterosexual couple people don't want them acting out in front of them.

If the two love birds are in the same unit, and one outranks the other, and the troops in that unit know they are romantically engaged, or even if its just infatuation, if they suspect any favoritism extended between them, it will cause morale and possibly disciplinary problems. I saw it with women in the unit, and it was perceived by some, that the women were getting special treatment by the men above them. Add gays openly serving, and the flying circus of multiple sexual persuasions, and it will be much worse. ROFL

Old 05-29-2010, 01:09 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Maybe because i was responding to someone who claimed "bigotry" was behind not wanting gays in the military?

There will be some people who dislike a person out of bigotry. I'm not naive enough to think there will not be some bigots out there, who simply dislike gays for being gay, just like some are racial or ethnic bigots. But its irrelevant, because the military does not tolerate bigotry.
Well, we're still not on the same wavelength here, but that's ok. Perhaps you accept the term "bigot" applied to a person uncomfortable with being around male homosexual behavior - military or otherwise. I do not.

Bigotry based on race is altogether different.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
No, I am saying that they won't suddenly turn into HULK RAPE machines if they are allowed to identify themselves as gay.
A silly statement.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:12 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Well, we're still not on the same wavelength here, but that's ok. Perhaps you accept the term "bigot" applied to a person uncomfortable with being around male homosexual behavior - military or otherwise. I do not.

Being uncomfortable is one thing. Encouraging systematic discrimination, claiming that gay people will be unable to function or control themselves, claiming that they need separate barracks...that's bigotry.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:13 PM

66 posts, read 78,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Being uncomfortable is one thing. Encouraging systematic discrimination, claiming that gay people will be unable to function or control themselves, claiming that they need separate barracks...that's bigotry.

Im not claiming they need separate barracks, im saying I do. I dont wanna sleep with gay males.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
A silly statement.

That's what most people here are claiming who are against the repeal.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

I did not bring it up, I was trying to get someone else to drop the ridiculous assumption that any of this is about bigotry. You want to be honest, their are some people who are bigots when it comes to their favorite sports teams, which is how silly it is to bring it up here.

3,536 posts, read 12,329,732 times
Quote:
Most people would agree that men are more sexual, well, how to word this... more sexually agressive than woman, on average.

So.. if you take a gay male.... not in a relationship.... put him downrange for 9months to a year, and you put others just like him with him..... the chance that something will happen is very very very high.

That being said, yes it is happening now, but you can get in trouble for it, but if the law passes they will be running around, kissing each other off duty, holding hands, like normal male/female relationships.

And I, as a soldier, dont wanna be stuck surrounded by that, maybe in the real world it is ok, but not in the military.

And the military isnt the real world, it is the military.
I don't understand how that is different than seeing two men holding hands at the mall, or a man and woman holding hands downrange. It doesn't affect you. You are not being made to hold hands with them.

It is not contagious. Mind your own business, and carry out your mission without being concerned with who is kissing who. It's not the gays that are the problem....

Quote:
Im not claiming they need separate barracks, im saying I do. I dont wanna sleep with gay males.

Life's all kinds of tough. Get over it. I doubt they have near as much interest in you as you seem to in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies