Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 07:43 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,765,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh my gosh! They found a "black conservative". Whoa Nellie!

Run for the hills Dems! Looks like the GOP/Tea Party is really starting to diversify!

Repubs/Conservatives have much more diversity than given credit for.
And they are not going to call me a racist..I like that lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 07:45 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Repubs/Conservatives have much more diversity than given credit for.
Their commitment to diversity is obvious. Why dont the haters see it? Are they blind?

Old 05-28-2010, 07:48 AM

206 posts, read 193,915 times
I'd vote for this guy in a heartbeat.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:51 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I suppose it would be, if your guess was correct.
There was no other reason whatsoever to bring it up, unless you were trying to marginalize him; you can't use the standard "racist" label, so call him on his immigrant status. At least you didn't call him an Uncle Tom, I'll give you credit for that.

P.S. Does anyone know if this gentleman is leading in his race? Thanks

Old 05-28-2010, 08:01 AM

45,545 posts, read 27,160,554 times
There are more of us out there - 32 total running for GOP Congress. I will post a list when I get a chance.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:05 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
This man is clearly a racist.
I don't think he is, he looks more mixed-race than Obama.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:06 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
There was no other reason whatsoever to bring it up, unless you were trying to marginalize him; you can't use the standard "racist" label, so call him on his immigrant status. At least you didn't call him an Uncle Tom, I'll give you credit for that.

No reason to bring up that he's from Trinidad/Tobago, and became a citizen in 1978?

Sorry to have spoiled the party

Old 05-28-2010, 08:10 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
No reason to bring up that he's from Trinidad/Tobago, and became a citizen in 1978?

Sorry to have spoiled the party
I hope that doesn't start yet another discussion on why black immigrants tend to be more successful than traditional African-Americans

Old 05-28-2010, 08:12 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post

I actually live in AL 05 and can tell you that he is in a very competitive 3 way race. The incumbent (Parker Griffith) is widely disliked for his switch from the Dem to Rep. It was seen by most people as an "Arlen Spector " type move. The other candidate has a fairly good history of public service on the local and state level so I think it is a horse race now. Les Phillip actually lives in the same suburban city that I do and his wife has started a small business (a gourmet cooking school). I have had a number of Phillip campaign workers (white suburban housewife types) come by my house trying to drum up support as have a number for the other candidate. The incumbent's backers are not showing their faces but you can never count out an incumbent even a slimebag like Griffith!

Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh my gosh! They found a "black conservative". Whoa Nellie!

Run for the hills Dems! Looks like the GOP/Tea Party is really starting to diversify!
There is over 30 black republicans running this year. I get to vote for 1 his name is Allen West and he rocks lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies