Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 03:12 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,918 times

Advertisements

Individuals may leave. The state remains. The Constitution forms a perfect unions which requires the consent of the whole to modify, as specified in Article V.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 03:35 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Well if the 2nd were banned a heck of a lot of folks x mil, current mil, and others would be wondering who was gonna enforced such a Bone head move. A lot of cops would not agree and would wonder the same thing.

Then let the anti gun enforcers enfoirce this law with no guns. That should prive very interesting. I myself would see it as an act of Treason, and i would be either hiding from, or hunting those responicible, with the intent to arrest, try and convict for Treason. Treason is still an offence punishable as a Capitol offence.

Some people will suffer a lot of BS, but will never surrender their freedom for security, which is pretty slim as it is anyway. You wouldn't arrest me, you would have to kill me, and I wouldn't like the idea at all, so there would be something of a fight.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:40 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,700 times
Does anybody actually imagine (or fear) that the 2nd Amendment would ever be repealed?

Old 06-01-2010, 03:40 PM

68 posts, read 45,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
Yeah conservative states like California, Illinois, Iowa.
Illinois and Iowa are overwhelmingly conservative when you don't count the inner city's and they would not last much after the store's were looted and California is a long way by boat to New York or Boston...

Old 06-01-2010, 03:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Does anybody actually imagine (or fear) that the 2nd Amendment would ever be repealed?

Nope, just a bunch of lost guys dreaming about PEACE, which is just a word with no real meaning when it comes to man and any time man has ever lived so far.

I am a firm believer in 'A Gun Society is a Polite Society.'

Old 06-01-2010, 03:49 PM

68 posts, read 45,485 times
I dont think the Second Amendment would be repealed vary long after it was relized that a third of the states would leave and a other third would not be willing fight them and would stay neutral and when that was relized before a single shot was fired the Second Amendment would be returned

Old 06-01-2010, 04:08 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,647,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Point is, which side would you be on? Killing who on which side?
Assuming the scenario means I'm in the military--I would be serving the government. The military is there for the government--there is nothing in the oath, or any other regulations, that says we serve the citizenry.

Ultimately, though, not being part of the military any longer, I serve myself at the expense of ANYONE else. I come first.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:29 PM

559 posts, read 1,379,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I'm the original poster and I have about ten pages to read to get current but wanted to make a few comments.

As I originally wrote, it is unimaginable that the Second Amendment would be repealed in the near future. On the other hand, many, once unimaginable changes have occurred in American culture/thought. For example, a century ago, it was probably unthinkable that we could have a black or female president (women couldn't even vote then). Same-sex marriage was similarly unimaginable to the vast majority of Americans just a generation ago but it will probably become a reality for the next generation. There was a huge worry that JFK, a Catholic, would be obeying orders from the Vatican; in 2004, John Kerry was denied communion since he was out of step with the Catholic Church regarding his official position on abortion. Just ten years ago, how many people would have imagined that a dominant use of the cell phone would be to send text messages?

The whole point is that for the Second Amendment to be repealed, 3/4 of the states would have to agree, meaning that a big majority of American citizens have changed their position regarding guns from what it is now. I never said anything about an anti-gun zealot taking away guns in defiance of the Second Amendment.

I guess, I'm a bit dismayed that the talk moved so quickly to talk of killing fellow Americans.

I'll probably have some more to add once I get caught up with all the posts.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:44 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,723,822 times
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why should it it would surprise you that the thread would descend into killing so quickly? Half of the country hates the other half!!!!! The lib side wish someone would kill the 2ND amend just because they want all the back wards country pumpkins to rebel and then the Army/UN will wipe them out. The other half wants them to try just so they can raise up with thier Military brethren and wipe out those godless babykilling heathens and return this country to the right path........................

Old 06-01-2010, 08:09 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromMaine View Post
Illinois and Iowa are overwhelmingly conservative when you don't count the inner city's and they would not last much after the store's were looted and California is a long way by boat to New York or Boston...
Yeah when you don't count the majority population.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies