Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 01:30 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,223,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
The only people "fighting" in Iraq and Afghanistan are terrorist organization vs the US military.

So you are a defender of al qauida and the taliban?

No no no. Innocent people die every day (on both sides). The troops are just doing the job - no blame and only support for them, but very little information is actually available on Al Qaeda.. hell, what does Al Qaeda even mean? As far as I'm concerned its just a term western governments use to label acts against the west under some sort of cohesive and organised structure.

I just returned from Vietnam and whilst my father-in-law fought in Vietnam, it was just so plainfully obvious that innocent people were killed for absoultely no reason other than politics.. very sad indeed. Its the same in Iraq and Afghan now.. I actually employ a guy from Kabul who's 2 year old daughter was killed in 2002.. was she a terrorist? Try to see outside the bubble...

I've been to many Islamic countries, and I can tell you - people are people pretty much wherever you go. The vast majority of Muslims are very peacful and kind people (just like Christians), but a few create a huge misunderstanding for the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 01:31 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,223,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Do you have any idea how bad it makes you look when you try to pull crap like this?
This is what he said:

You mean like the daily drone attacks on Iraqi's and Afghani's, people fighting a foreign military force in their country they do not want?

We kill innocent Muslims every single day.
----------

Who is the US dropping bombs on? Al quida and Taliban. Yet he says we are killing innocent muslims every day. I admit, when sometimes get civilians. But we are targetting al quiada and taliban, who he describes as the iraqi and afghani people. So how could he not be doing anything other than defending al quida and the taliban?

Can you give me any other possible explanation? "people fighting a foreign military force in their country they do not want"????

Can YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHO HE IS TALKING ABOUT IF IT IS NOT al quida or the taliban??

THANKS!

Old 05-28-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
No no no. Innocent people die every day (on both sides). The troops are just doing the job - no blame and only support for them, but very little information is actually available on Al Qaeda.. hell, what does Al Qaeda even mean? As far as I'm concerned its just a term western governments use to label acts against the west under some sort of cohesive and organised structure.

I just returned from Vietnam and whilst my father-in-law fought in Vietnam, it was just so plainfully obvious that innocent people were killed for absoultely no reason other than politics.. very sad indeed. Its the same in Iraq and Afghan now.. I actually employ a guy from Kabul who's 2 year old daughter was killed in 2002.. was she a terrorist?

Try to see outside the bubble...

I've been to Vietnam, and the difference is, they don't teach their youth to hate Americans, or the French, or anyone else, unlike in the muslim world where they will teach their children to hate non muslims for 200 years after these wars end.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:40 PM

220 posts, read 222,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You mean like the daily drone attacks on Iraqi's and Afghani's, people fighting a foreign military force in their country they do not want?

Come on, Podcrasher, you know there are NO innocent Muslims to THEM.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:12 PM

25,892 posts, read 24,596,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
hahahahahahaha, we want the war to be unfair in our favor. That way it'll reduce the number of American troops killed and increase both the number of the enemy killed and the likely hood of the enemy surrendering.
Your thinking is totally unrealistic. Taliban are not like reasonable Germans or Japanese, they will never surrender or anything like that. They might be pushed back for some time, but they will return as they have always done. And let's face it, although the Pakistani and Afghan governments might be working with the foreigners, most people probably feel closer to the Taliban than to the West. The West will sooner or later have to leave just like Russians did. One can't bomb those people with their retarded views of the world into the modern world.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:14 PM

25,892 posts, read 24,596,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
But you don't have such problems with Muslims killing people for them to be forced to their religion or religious point of view?
I have problems with anybody killing others.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Your thinking is totally unrealistic. Taliban are not like reasonable Germans or Japanese, they will never surrender or anything like that. They might be pushed back for some time, but they will return as they have always done. And let's face it, although the Pakistani and Afghan governments might be working with the foreigners, most people probably feel closer to the Taliban than to the West. The West will sooner or later have to leave just like Russians did. One can't bomb those people with their retarded views of the world into the modern world.
I actually agree with you. I think the best case scenario for a country like Afghanistan is just to build a giant wall, and not let them eout, and let them live in the 8th century to their heart's content so long as they don't kill anyone outside of their borders.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:53 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,689,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
don't you just love religion.?? i think we humans have some big surprises in the not so distant future..the world is falling apart at the seems, you can't even turn on the news anymore without some disater, massacre. flood, drought.oil leaks,hurricanes..where the helll is god when you need him.!!!

Old 05-29-2010, 12:45 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,933,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
This is what he said:

----------

Who is the US dropping bombs on? Al quida and Taliban. Yet he says we are killing innocent muslims every day. I admit, when sometimes get civilians. But we are targetting al quiada and taliban, who he describes as the iraqi and afghani people. So how could he not be doing anything other than defending al quida and the taliban?

Can you give me any other possible explanation? "people fighting a foreign military force in their country they do not want"????

Can YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHO HE IS TALKING ABOUT IF IT IS NOT al quida or the taliban??

THANKS!
Simpleton's think if you fight the USA in Afghanistan or Iraq then you are a terrorist or Al Queda. No other options.

Probably never crosses their minds that people take up arms against foreign invaders for nationalistic reasons and/or to exact revenge for the deaths and destruction the USA has brought to their country.

And as a veteran I couldn't care less if it's US soldiers getting killed or enemy combatants. It's an immoral war. We shouldn't be there. This has been going on for almost ten years now.

If you are a US soldier fighting there you joined after this fiasco started or you could have gotten out long ago. I have no sympathy for you. You're ignorance landed you there, now endure the consequences.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:57 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,887,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I wonder when decent Muslims down there finally say to those cavemen that it's enough.

1400 years later and the decent ones are still enjoying the spoils of the radicals , so I'd say never .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies