Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: will Obama be impeached for the Sestak issue?
No- no impeachable offense was made 67 55.83%
No- he bribed Sestak, but the justice department will not act 26 21.67%
No- he bribed Sestak but the congress will vote for him 7 5.83%
Yes- he bribed Sestak and action will be taken 20 16.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:54 PM

29,927 posts, read 18,486,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
That's your interpretation. Good luck with that. "Political".

I am a little shocked and suprised at the response of "liberals" and "democrats". Obviously, something either very unetbical or downright illegal happened with this situation. This very same situation brought down the Nixon administration and the press was after him like blood hounds. Now, it appears as though the liberals condone breaking the law (as long as the law is broken by Obama, and not a conservative).

When the law no longer applies to EVERY AMERICAN, that is when the republic breaks down. The nation is based on the rule of law which applies to EVERY MAN, regardless of income status or rank. When the rule of law no longer applies to all men, but is selectively viewed, anarchy results.

This administration is LAWLESS. When will justice and the rule of law prevail again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 10:08 PM

36,856 posts, read 18,744,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am a little shocked and suprised at the response of "liberals" and "democrats". Obviously, something either very unetbical or downright illegal happened with this situation. This very same situation brought down the Nixon administration and the press was after him like blood hounds. Now, it appears as though the liberals condone breaking the law (as long as the law is broken by Obama, and not a conservative).

When the law no longer applies to EVERY AMERICAN, that is when the republic breaks down. The nation is based on the rule of law which applies to EVERY MAN, regardless of income status or rank. When the rule of law no longer applies to all men, but is selectively viewed, anarchy results.

This administration is LAWLESS. When will justice and the rule of law prevail again?
Nixon LIED about what he knew and when he knew it. Isn't that the same thing you love to castigate Bill Clinton for doing?

Nixon really was a crook, you know. Another lie he told.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:13 PM

220 posts, read 222,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmistral View Post
Just wait until the next Congress, controlled by real Americans is sworn in.

Hey! there's that word again. And who is using it? the conservtards.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:15 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,094,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
If it is proven that Obama was a part of this it will begin impeachment process right away.

This is no silly little crime, this is a major crime with severe penalties.

If it is found that Obama was the one who planned this or any of his staff did this under his direction he will be toast.

Obama believes he is above the law and believes he can do whatever he wants. Maybe he just went too far with this one and broke several laws at once.

My hunch is this came from him but he will find some fall guys to take the rap.
Hes not worried about the cry babys grabbin at straws.....You are dreaming

Old 05-28-2010, 10:16 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,244,356 times
Quote:
Sorry to dampen the mood but it's already been put to bed. There's nothing illegal with offering an advisory position.

"Sestak, who had said a job was offered but had provided no details, acknowledged Friday that he had had the conversation with Clinton. He said the former president told him he should stay in the U.S. House and perhaps join a presidential board, either involving intelligence or defense matters to use his background as a Navy officer."

"Previous Democratic and Republican administrations, "motivated by the same goals, discussed alternative paths to service for qualified individuals also considering campaigns for public office." The report said such actions aren't illegal nor unethical."

Clinton enlisted to ease Sestak out of race - White House- msnbc.com

So he was offered a job that he was going to do for nothing????

Read the law, it says anything of VALUE and that included anything that the man would be paid to do.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,244,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Hes not worried about the cry babys grabbin at straws.....You are dreaming

I am not dreaming at all.

If he did something wrong it will come out. If he did nothing wrong then we can just continue with the same old Obama screwing up America and destroying the entire demwit party all by himself.

We have nothing to lose, just time to kill until he goes back to Chicago and takes the little furry rat friend he brought with him back home.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:23 PM

29,927 posts, read 18,486,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Nixon LIED about what he knew and when he knew it. Isn't that the same thing you love to castigate Bill Clinton for doing?

Nixon really was a crook, you know. Another lie he told.
1. Nixon did not know about the initial break in - he found out about it later

2. It was the cover up, not the break in, which impeached Nixon

3. Obama not only knows about the cover up, he initiated the crime. This is worse than what Nixon did

4. I did not support Clinton's impeachment. What Clinton did was really a very small issue, particularly compared to what Obama has done.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:46 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,770,184 times
Reagan did the same thing in the early eighties with a California senator, I'm not an Obama fan but impeachment..... Really. Why is that the answer for republicans when things don't go their way? Clinton got a blow job ohh me ohh my impeach him and he lied about it ooohhhhh the world is ending impeach him. I didn't care when Reagan did it and I don't care now.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:00 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,224,206 times
Another bash Obama troll thread. When are they going to clean house here?

I'm shocked Bush wasn't impeached.
//www.city-data.com/forum/14385370-post11.html

Old 05-28-2010, 11:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,784,961 times
Quote:
Yes, I believe it until proved otherwise. Of course you don't.
Well, since no one will talk about it, before and after the manufactured story they came up with, and since Holder will not pursue the matter, when it seems pretty obvious the law was broken... I guess some can be happy about that.

Just because the fabrication of a non-paying job has been put forth, doesn't mean the job doesn't have a value and standing, which are clearly addressed in the statute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies