Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: will Obama be impeached for the Sestak issue?
No- no impeachable offense was made 67 55.83%
No- he bribed Sestak, but the justice department will not act 26 21.67%
No- he bribed Sestak but the congress will vote for him 7 5.83%
Yes- he bribed Sestak and action will be taken 20 16.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 09:38 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Yeah, so what? Under international law, as head-of-state, he has sovereign immunity so long as he is head-of-state.

It also applies to other government officials.

That's why when Rumsfeld resigned, he was kept on in an official capacity in a job at the Pentagon.

Bush no long has sovereign immunity, so what are you waiting for?
One word: torture.

I will arrest, as soon as I amass my military and invade Texas to capture him...sound familar, yeah, get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 09:59 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
GMAB!

Seriously? You know that Obama will not be impeached. Just like it was obvious Clinton would not be impeached. So why do this? Why waste time and money on this?

The teaparty would be up in arms I would think over the waste of taxpayer money :lol:
Clinton was impeached, the second in US history, he wasn't removed from office. The current congress will never impeach Obama, certainly not over something as hard to prove as this. He would have to be caught on film giving Iran ICBMs before he would have a chance of being impeached.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:02 AM

46,950 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think they are all lying through their snouts but personally I'm not getting the law and can't get excited about Obama offering a guy a job not to run. He appoints a bazillion people for assorted motives. Now if they said they'd kill Sestak or make life miserable for him if he stayed in the race, that would be something else but in this case, I think the cover-up is dumber than the crime...and I still don't know why it's a crime to offer a man a job not to run.

There is only one person who can make this a big embarrassment deal --- if a pissed off Secretary of the Navy resigns this week. But, I don't even know who that person is.

I vote "no" on impeachment.
We disagree politically, yet this is the kind of post that makes me think political discourse is still possible. Thanks.

Oh, and I agree - no law was broken. That's the substance, all else is just political posturing.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:17 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
We disagree politically, yet this is the kind of post that makes me think political discourse is still possible. Thanks.

Oh, and I agree - no law was broken. That's the substance, all else is just political posturing.
Exactly what it is and the furor Republicans are trying to stir just further embarrasses them, though they don't seem to get that.

I'm another conservative that agrees with Laura that there is no crime here and not even an ethical question worth fussing about.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:30 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Clinton was impeached, the second in US history, he wasn't removed from office. The current congress will never impeach Obama, certainly not over something as hard to prove as this. He would have to be caught on film giving Iran ICBMs before he would have a chance of being impeached.
Shh! No one is supposed to know about that.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:38 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,692 times
"Indeed, the White House compiled a list of other times administrations considered or offered appointments to avert primaries or affect elections. Among the examples it found, citing news reports: Mr. Bush’s team looking for an administration position for former Representative Benjamin A. Gilman of New York in 2002 to avoid him challenging another Republican incumbent after redistricting; Mr. Clinton nominating Gov. William Weld of Massachusetts to be ambassador to Mexico in 1997, making it easier for a Democrat to win the state office; and President Ronald Reagan’s advisers dangling an ambassadorship in 1981 if Senator S. I. Hayakawa dropped out of a California Republican primary."

Source: Sestak Case Casts Light On Murky Political Boundaries - NYTimes.com

Old 05-29-2010, 10:49 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
High Crimes and Misty Meanors!

Old 05-29-2010, 10:52 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,033 times
Yes. Send the crooked bastard back to the Chicago hood he came from.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:51 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
"Indeed, the White House compiled a list of other times administrations considered or offered appointments to avert primaries or affect elections. Among the examples it found, citing news reports: Mr. Bush’s team looking for an administration position for former Representative Benjamin A. Gilman of New York in 2002 to avoid him challenging another Republican incumbent after redistricting; Mr. Clinton nominating Gov. William Weld of Massachusetts to be ambassador to Mexico in 1997, making it easier for a Democrat to win the state office; and President Ronald Reagan’s advisers dangling an ambassadorship in 1981 if Senator S. I. Hayakawa dropped out of a California Republican primary."

Source: Sestak Case Casts Light On Murky Political Boundaries - NYTimes.com
Bored conservatives break out the impeachment card

"Most media conservatives ignored all of this and went into a full-on feeding frenzy, turning to discredited sources in order to push the falsehood that this constituted 'bribery.' They declared the scandal 'Obama's Watergate,' and Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Dick Morris, and Sean Hannity all contemplated Obama's impeachment.

"Who could have guessed that Beck, Limbaugh, Morris, and Hannity all thought Ronald Reagan should have been impeached?"

Media Matters: Under pressure, Glenn Beck somehow finds a new low | Media Matters for America

Old 05-29-2010, 12:30 PM

107 posts, read 91,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
That's your interpretation. Good luck with that. "Political".
Yes, and after 20 years of interpreting Federal Code and Regulations, I am pretty damn good at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies