Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 02:49 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,081 times

Advertisements

TigerLily, are your views progressive or traditional? I think that says more about you than your religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 02:58 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
86% of Americans make the same chriian claim as you do . Yet most don't even know what the chritian Bible teaches .

These people control our nation by voting in these leaders . They also purchase for themselves and children most of the filth today they call entertainment . Thats what I'm upset about not christians in general because I'm a christian [ although still studing to be sure ] .

Many Christans are like polititions they like giving away money, just not theirs !

Don't brag about your Peter Pan Hood and then tell us to live like the poor .

I'm not bragging about anything. I was merely pointing out that contrary to your version of life in this great country, people do live in clean, peaceful, happy neighborhoods where neighbors take care of each other and are not at war due to their religious beliefs, race, etc.

In what post did I suggest or state that anyone should live like the poor?

Something I've never understood - how are people so lacking in faith that they fear 'corruption' from movies, books, non-believers? Do we not believe that God is our fortress and strength? If I have to fear the sight of a scantily-clothed woman or cartoon violence, then surely my faith is misplaced.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:01 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,081 times
Well, you fail to see the connection between the scantily clad girl and promiscuity. I think that says something about your faith.

The Bible commands us to avoid temptation because God knows how corruptible we are.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:02 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the opposite of your post can be said as well. every time an atheist or a people who believe in Islam, Buddhism, Wiccan is ridiculed for holding fast is being persecuted. every time art, be it in the movies on on canvas is censored freedom of speech and expression is persecuted. many girls don't "give it up" to boys not just Christian girls that isn't persecution that is jerk young men nothing more. the right to choice is not murder but a right women have to their own reproductive choice. every time "Christians" try to tell others to live their lives according to their Christian ways" is "persecution" of others.
who said we have a right to live in a "moral" society and who gets to set down the morals?

Not true at all !

Christians don't really care what you do in private but don't bring it to school or exspect us to pay for it with our taxes .

Old 06-03-2010, 03:04 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Something I've never understood - how are people so lacking in faith that they fear 'corruption' from movies, books, non-believers? Do we not believe that God is our fortress and strength? If I have to fear the sight of a scantily-clothed woman or cartoon violence, then surely my faith is misplaced.

my question as well, is your faith not strong enough if you fear what others do? thinking others are immoral if they do not conform to the "traditional" religious thinking of some is very judgmental and close minded. viewing people who do not think like you as evil and immoral and they are turning the world to decay is very hypocritical at best.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:09 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Not true at all !

Christians don't really care what you do in private but don't bring it to school or exspect us to pay for it with our taxes .
of course it is true. you think that atheist are not ridiculed for what they believe or not targeted by religious people to change their stance. don't put all christains in a box many are not so closed that they think people who live other lifestyles should go hide somewhere out of the public eye. if you want schools to stay secular than send the kids to private church schools. in public education, most of the public want their children educated in all areas not just the small world that some christian teachings would like all of us to live.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:00 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:

They are also selling our most endangered resource,to the rst of the world ' WATER' ! Nestles ' a sweddish co. ' has contracts for many of our natural springs , CocaCola sells bottled water to world also .
Good Lord, do you know the difference between Sweden and Switzerland? It is very hard to take any of your posts seriously when they seem to come straight out of a fevered imagination full of inaccuracies and plain old panic.

I love living in these times of technology and diversity. As a woman I have been able to achieve my life's goals and support my family in ways that were not possible even 10 years ago.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:19 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Only it's worse now.
Yeah, right.

Explain that to my grandfather who was an indentured servant in the Sicilian sulfur mines at age 8, and lost an eye by 10.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:24 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
America needs more brothels. All cities over 500,000 should have several brothels...listed in the Yellow Pages under brothels.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:30 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Good Lord, do you know the difference between Sweden and Switzerland? It is very hard to take any of your posts seriously when they seem to come straight out of a fevered imagination full of inaccuracies and plain old panic.

I love living in these times of technology and diversity. As a woman I have been able to achieve my life's goals and support my family in ways that were not possible even 10 years ago.

Yes I do know the differnce as a matter of fact . But I do forget sometimes, living in this era of confused and doomed people like you who don't even know they are doomed unless a miracle happens .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies