Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 07:13 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Why do people try and pretend like people bash Palin because she is a woman? They (me included) bash her because she is a total idiot and exposed con-artist. She QUIT her last job because it was hard. Now she's morphing into a fake feminist and traveling non-substanative mouthpiece. It's just pathetic.
I'm not saying all people who bash Palin do it because she is female --- I don't like her myself.

What I am saying is that she did take an unfair amount of sh&t due to being a female candidate. Noone speculated about the paternity of Bidens kids, did they? Noone talked about Bidens VPILF potential that I am aware of. And noone wondered if Biden could be an effective vpotus with a minor child still at home. I don't care if the female candidate is conservative or liberal those types of comparisons and reports have no place in our modern political arena.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 08:16 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Please stay ON topic of Sarah Palin relative to whether or not she is a valid feminist.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:22 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Please stay ON topic of Sarah Palin relative to whether or not she is a valid feminist.
Thanks, Mike. It's a hard discussion to have because no one actually knows everything about her, her motivations, her actual thoughts...

Old 05-31-2010, 08:51 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Palin is an insult to feminism. When she was elevated to the stature of VP candidate, she got that position not based on her qualifications and abilities. She got it because her "boss" liked her and thought he could use her looks and gender to get both male and female votes. If she had actually been elected it wouldn't have broken any glass ceilings because she didn't earn her way....and still isn't VP material. Feminism is about the empowerment of woman and Palin, if given the opportunity, would strip power away from women by taking away our reproductive rights. She's a perfect example of the cattiness and back-stabbing female types that are typical of many non-feminists, using anything but her brains and the facts to try and bring down who ever is in their way.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 05-31-2010 at 10:03 AM..

Old 05-31-2010, 10:28 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Palin is an insult to feminism. When she was elevated to the stature of VP candidate, she got that position not based on her qualifications and abilities. She got it because her "boss" liked her and thought he could use her looks and gender to get both male and female votes. If she had actually been elected it wouldn't have broken any glass ceilings because she didn't earn her way....and still isn't VP material. Feminism is about the empowerment of woman and Palin, if given the opportunity, would strip power away from women by taking away our reproductive rights. She's a perfect example of the cattiness and back-stabbing female types that are typical of many non-feminists, using anything but her brains and the facts to try and bring down who ever is in their way.
So you have read her book or is this more MSNBC ranting?

Old 05-31-2010, 11:00 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
So you have read her book or is this more MSNBC ranting?
My opinion of Sarah's brand of 'feminism' comes from having studied the Feminism Movement in depth for many decades. I've never counted them but I'm guessing I've got close to 300 books in my library on woman's history and feminists biographies and I've read them all. Palin does not deserve the title of feminist no matter how much she tries to sell that notion. Had she become the first female VP she would have set women back 50 years due to her incompetency, unpredictably and cattiness in the facing of real issues. She's good at canned speeches with no mainstream questions to challenge her, and that pleases her base. But she is divisive, petty and lacks an in depth and well rounded education and that's the last thing this country needs in a leader---or a feminist role model.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:08 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Well put and I agree Wayland Woman.

I actually believe that Palin is in a very powerful position to be a champion for empowerment of woman (as well as other issues critical for females specifically as well as children). I've written this before elsewhere on the forum but I will say it again- with some of the abuse statistics in AK, I for one would LOVE to see Palin really garner more attention, support and education for this problem. I know it's not necessarily her responsibility to do so, but it would be inspiring to see her use her position even further for some of these issues.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:57 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Thanks, Mike. It's a hard discussion to have because no one actually knows everything about her, her motivations, her actual thoughts...
RIGHT! Errr.... no.

Because ummmm.. she NEVER told us what she thinks, right? We don't "know" her, because we never heard her STUPID IDEAS!. I mean, she only ran for VICE PRESIDENT, wrote 2 books which she pimps anytime she gets a chance, guest stars at Teabagger love-ins, and shows up on any outlet that will give her airtime, including the HORRIBLY liberally "biased" SNL. But we "don't know her". And I suppose you do "know" her. So much so that you think you're her self-appointed e-lawyer. Get over yourself.

You sound like a daytime talk-show guest. YOU DON"T KNOW ME! I DO WHAT I WANT!

Hey buddy? You are fooling no one, except yourself, with this vapid line of "reasoning".

Well guess what? I DO WHAT I WANT TOO! Just like your hero Sarah the Liar. I will talk about her and there is NOTHING that internet lawyers can do about it.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:53 PM

148 posts, read 308,430 times
Sarah Palin a danger to mankind, but shes a MILF and you know you would.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:00 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born&BredIrish View Post
Sarah Palin a danger to mankind, but shes a MILF and you know you would.
Actually, I wouldn't, and this has been a point of contention between my younger, libertarian (or so he thinks - everyone's a "libertarian" these days, dont'cha know?) brother.

He actually insinuated that I must be gay, if I find her unattractive. but them , Bill-O is his personal hero... so...

Funny part is that I was married for many years to a drop-dead gorgeous woman and have dated some knock-outs, in my day. My brother has had 2 girlfriends in his entire 42 years on this planet and hasn't dated anyone in a decade. Neither of them were lookers, yet he likes to get all "playah" with me about Palin. Which tells me his crotch is doing more thinking than his brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies