Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 01:26 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
How about rappelling onto your vessel?
As long as you or yours are not affected, the fault must lie with the brown skinned Muslim, eh?

Thats good enough for the FOX "News" crowd, and its usually good enough for its dumbed down viewers
Yawn. Navies and coast guard units throughout the world board suspicious boats in international waters. But I guess since this time it was done by the evil Jew it's not acceptable eh?

They rappelled down with only paintball guns drawn. It's a good thing they had sidearms as a last resort though considering the dozens of men trying to kill them.

P.S. Plenty of Turks and Palestinians have fair complexion but good job with the stereotyping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 01:36 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why would Israel be blamed?

It is crystal clear who the provocateurs were - the muslim extremists/terrorists that were within the crowd, ready for action, funded by radical muslim terrorist groups.

I still can't understand how the Left can align themselves with hamas, hezbollah and radical muslim extremists.

Maybe you can shed some light on the subject.
It certainly is not all on the left that are fuming at Israel. It is very clear that the right doesn't own complete ownership of numbers of hypocrites, just the majority of the number.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:42 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Hamas refuses to accept cargo seized by Israel during botched flotilla raid

After all of this BS Hamas says they will not take the aid because it might help Israel with PR.

Wrong or right, people died and now they do not want the aid.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:44 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post

After all of this BS Hamas says they will not take the aid because it might help Israel with PR.

Yeah, the lefties' argument is that palestinians are suffering, so Hamas refusing to accept it could only show to a lefty that Hamas doesn't care as much about Palestinians as it does about propaganda.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:13 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No, that's not at all what I am saying .. and it should be painfully clear what it is that I'm implying. But I'll spell it out for you...According to the Israeli Knesset member on board that ship, these commandos opened fire from the approaching boats before the these commandos repelled from the chopper ... with at least one person killed, why would anyone expect these people to not defend themselves?
You did not spell anything out about your original misstatement. You misdirected. I ask you to address the below when the videa evidence is so conclusive that, in your own words, Israeli commandoes were indeed "overtaken by civilians with sticks or knives."
Come on, easy to do - just say "I was wrong"....it's not tough. You will earn some respect. You will earn your credibility back, as now you are somewhat of a laughing stock.
You say the israeli fired first? Please provide a valid news link to support this because I have yet to find it, even from the activists on board. You present suprise that activists were ready with videa cameras? What's the big deal, naval ships were following them, they were in radio contact with the IDF, other boats were stopped (without incident), and you have the obvious chopper noise. Not a relevant issue and again, I can only think that by that statement you are hinting the video is faked.
Now please address your below statement. Come on, you can do it...iii wasss wrooongggggg, come on now, try it:

Originally Posted by GuyNTexas
So, what you believe is that highly trained Israeli special ops commandos who were airlifted onto these ships in the middle of the night, toting automatic weapons, and likely night vision equipment were overtaken by civilians with sticks and knives? This you believe? THIS IS WHAT YOU BELIEVE????
My God, how can such thoughts be processed and accepted without the aid of hypnosis? A conscious human mind could not possibly accept such outlandish nonsense.
On the count of three, you will wake up ... 1 .... 2 ..... 3.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:12 PM

221 posts, read 798,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Thats a deliberate attempt to excuse the inexcusable. Your apologia for the Israeli Defense Forces is duly noted.

In the past Israel has NOT allowed either ships full of aid, or aid workers themselves, access into the Gaza Strip, often turning them away at gunpoint, arresting them and often holding them without charges.
Theyve allowed them access through Ashdod. This has been documented.

You seem to be one of those people who view all complex situations as being black or white.

I am not an Israel supporter. I deplore much of what they have done, and I find their motives questionable on many occasions.

I also find that there is a certain stubborness and extremism in the Arab world towards Israel that has truly damaged the Palestinians' cause. Ive read plenty of books on this topic, from many angles. I know the history very, very well.

Those who are launching rockets from Gaza are trying to have Israel retaliate in a disproportionate way. They have said as much. For extremists on both sides, peace would be a disaster; for those Israelis who want to illegally build settlements and for those Arab extremists who insist on attacking Israel. This boat, while it did carry many pacifists and righteous activists, was sponsored by extremsists who have no desire for peace. There was an active minority on this boat that were in line with that.

I deplore the gaza blockade and think it is inexcusable. But Hamas knows that if they stopped launching rockets into Israeli towns, the blockade would eventually be lifted. They refuse to do so.

In other words, if they stopped all attacks towards Israel, Israel would have no excuse for any type of violent action or occupation.

They don't want that. Just like the religious extremists in Israel and the current fanatical government there, the extremists on the Arab and Palestinian side have no desire for peace. They are clearly winning the media war because they know Israel typically has knee-jerk violent reactions, and they are baiting them every chance they get.

Meanwhile, the Palestinian people continue to suffer.

In other words, this is not a one-sided issue. If Hamas recognized Israel's right to exist and stopped violent attacks towards Israel, Israel would have no choice but to end its aggressive policies. It would mean a better life for the Palestinians. But the extremists don't want that.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:

That is because it is was not aide in the first place.
It was a staged event. That backfired once the truth was exposed.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:17 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
Quote:

My vote - wrong!

I guess nobody bothered to read the article.

They will not accept the aid until Israel releases the prisoners it took on its raid and will allow the rest of the aid through, including the construction material to allow people to move out of the tents they have been living in the last 2 years after Israel blew up their living quarters. We'll see how Israel responds.

I noticed nobody has stepped up to the plate to explain why we have given Israel over 100 Billion Dollars, and what exactly that has bought us.

(other than a "fastpass" to the pearly gates.)

Also I find it ironic that anyone that dares to criticize Israel for any of its actions, including blowing up an American Naval vessel or doing other idiotic things to inflame Muslim passions and endanger American lives, is a "leftie".

Nice to see who really supports our armed forces when push comes to shove.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:29 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin3465 View Post
Theyve allowed them access through Ashdod. This has been documented.

You seem to be one of those people who view all complex situations as being black or white.

I am not an Israel supporter. I deplore much of what they have done, and I find their motives questionable on many occasions.

I also find that there is a certain stubborness and extremism in the Arab world towards Israel that has truly damaged the Palestinians' cause. Ive read plenty of books on this topic, from many angles. I know the history very, very well.

Those who are launching rockets from Gaza are trying to have Israel retaliate in a disproportionate way. They have said as much. For extremists on both sides, peace would be a disaster; for those Israelis who want to illegally build settlements and for those Arab extremists who insist on attacking Israel. This boat, while it did carry many pacifists and righteous activists, was sponsored by extremsists who have no desire for peace. There was an active minority on this boat that were in line with that.

I deplore the gaza blockade and think it is inexcusable. But Hamas knows that if they stopped launching rockets into Israeli towns, the blockade would eventually be lifted. They refuse to do so.

In other words, if they stopped all attacks towards Israel, Israel would have no excuse for any type of violent action or occupation.

They don't want that. Just like the religious extremists in Israel and the current fanatical government there, the extremists on the Arab and Palestinian side have no desire for peace. They are clearly winning the media war because they know Israel typically has knee-jerk violent reactions, and they are baiting them every chance they get.

Meanwhile, the Palestinian people continue to suffer.

In other words, this is not a one-sided issue. If Hamas recognized Israel's right to exist and stopped violent attacks towards Israel, Israel would have no choice but to end its aggressive policies. It would mean a better life for the Palestinians. But the extremists don't want that.
This is actually a pretty good quote, fairly balanced.

My question again comes back to if the extremists on both sides want to continue fighting ad nauseum, maybe we need to just pull out of this fight, we really don't have a dog in it. I can think of a lot of better uses for that money. Let's stop kidding ourselves that Israel is any kind of real ally to America in real life.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
This is actually a pretty good quote, fairly balanced.

My question again comes back to if the extremists on both sides want to continue fighting ad nauseum, maybe we need to just pull out of this fight, we really don't have a dog in it. I can think of a lot of better uses for that money. Let's stop kidding ourselves that Israel is any kind of real ally to America in real life.
Bily we agree once again. This is a case of two sides with a lot of help from outsiders refusing to compromise. Who pays the price? Well besides the USA in the form of what it costs for Bullets and band aids.
The civilian populace on both sides.
As we have seen on this thread.
If you oppose Israels use of excessive force then you are labeled an anti-semitic.
If you feel the extreme acts done by Hamas and other terrorist orgs is wrong then you are labeled a right wing nut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies