Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 11:41 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,488 times

Advertisements

The Muslims I know are great cooks. I haven't been poisoned, or stabbed. I was beheaded once, and a Christian faith healer fixed me right back up. He was eating a free lunch at an "all faiths" get together. heal ! Heal !

Last edited by Peggy Anne; 06-01-2010 at 11:50 AM..

Old 06-01-2010, 11:42 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,971,603 times
These people truly are "lone wolves" operating on their own and no recognized Muslim denomination encourages or condones their activities.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:24 PM

148 posts, read 308,348 times
You could replace the word Muslim with Christian, Jewish, Hindu etc.

The right wing bible belt in the United States scare me just as much as the loons in the IDF/settlers and wacko Islamic terrorist groups.

Thank God I don't believe in religion or a fairytale deity.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:12 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,200,764 times
I would have no qualms about getting on an airplane filled with Christians but I would feel very uneasy if there were a handful of Muslims getting on board, especially if they were acting a little strange.

There are a few brave Muslims who go on national TV and speak out against the radicals within their ranks but they then have to take actions to protect themselves from retaliation. Unfortunately, there are imams who encourage the violence and as long as there are Muslims who respond to such violent rhetoric, the danger from radicalized jihadists will continue to exist.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:55 PM

107 posts, read 91,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner71 View Post
pffftt! they're not the only ones that need to "fix" their religion. I know a religion that is full of hypocrites and they live in the US. That's right, im talking about christians
Yes, Christians are conducting Jihad every day. Suicide bombers, etc., Wait a minute, those people aren't Christians, they are Muslims!!!!!

Self-hating is a disease.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born&BredIrish View Post
You could replace the word Muslim with Christian, Jewish, Hindu etc.

The right wing bible belt in the United States scare me just as much as the loons in the IDF/settlers and wacko Islamic terrorist groups.

Thank God I don't believe in religion or a fairytale deity.
If the bible belt scares you, well, I'd offer.... oh never mind, there is no point to responding to this sort of drivel.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:58 PM

220 posts, read 222,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmistral View Post
Yes, Christians are conducting Jihad every day. Suicide bombers, etc., Wait a minute, those people aren't Christians, they are Muslims!!!!!

Self-hating is a disease.
ohh, dont be naive, just because christians dont run around with suicide vests on doesnt mean they dont shoot up abortion clinics.

you guys always for get about that, huh?

Old 06-01-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
These people truly are "lone wolves" operating on their own and no recognized Muslim denomination encourages or condones their activities.
Actually, Islam teaches that nobody except to Martyr will achieve paradise until all the infidels are converted or killed. It is integrated into their "faith", and hence, non-ending Jihad, Jihad, Jihad.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:12 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,200,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner71 View Post
ohh, dont be naive, just because christians dont run around with suicide vests on doesnt mean they dont shoot up abortion clinics.

you guys always for get about that, huh?
These are the nutballs who are acting as lone wolves. There is no organized effort on the part of any Christian group to bomb abortion clinics or kill abortion doctors. They are acting solely on their own volition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmistral View Post
Actually, Islam teaches that nobody except to Martyr will achieve paradise until all the infidels are converted or killed. It is integrated into their "faith", and hence, non-ending Jihad, Jihad, Jihad.
Nonetheless, it is only the fringe of Islam that adheres to this radical doctrine. There are imams who advocate "death to America/infidels/whoever" as well as organized groups devoted to killing as many as possible. And then there is Ahmadinajad who has said many times that "Israel will be wiped off the map". Unfortunately, the paranoia about Muslims extends to the entire religion. Many do not know it but the Talmud contains some pretty nasty passages about Christians which, fortunately, are ignored.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:15 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
Typical. Every thread about Islam has to eventually turn into a thread about Christianity. What is it with you people that you can't stay on topic when Islam is involved?

I understand, I really do, all religions are stupid. Agreed. And most of them are violent. Sure. But Islam is in a class of it's own when it comes to stupidity and violence. Anytime someone uses moral equivalency with Christianity to defend this homicidal cult of the pedophile it just makes me want to defend Christianity. And as an atheist, that's not somewhere I should be people.
I am the same way. I am an Atheist and think Islam is the sickest religion ever. All religions suck and all are delusional but Islam is the worst. No doubt about it.

I don't get why people bring up Christianity when Islam is being discussed. One religions leader fed the poor, loved people, taught peace while the other one slept with 7 year old girls and was full of hatred.

I defend Christianity because this just makes me want to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies