Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 08:01 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times

Advertisements

And comes this from that favorite rag among the liberals:

Quote:
For years the left has spun the myth that hundreds of Guantanamo detainees are really innocent goatherds and dirt farmers wrongly swept up in the war on terror. In an interview last year, Admiral A.T. Church III -- the former Navy inspector general who investigated detainee treatment Guantanamo -- told me this charge was "bull crap." As Church put it, "There may have been a couple of those, but most of these guys would slit your throat in a second. Most of them are very dangerous guys."

Now an official investigation conducted by the Obama administration -- and unanimously approved by departments of Defense, State, Justice and Homeland Security, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence -- has concluded that Church was right.
I usta be amazed; now, I'm just amused.

washingtonpost.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
It must be more and more embarrassing to be a liberal/Obama voter with every passing day. For every flap of the lip in 2008 we realize that in 2010 the American electorate are a very gullible group of people. I feel sorry for those people who let themselves be gouged by a used-car salesman from Illinois.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:16 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
I have never heard anyone say all those people are not dangerous. The question is, would they slit your throat anytime or have they already done something like that?
I always thought one is considered innocent unless the opposite is proved I don't think anyone has a problem with convicted criminals being locked away...

Old 06-01-2010, 08:26 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Liberals and Democrats, right now, are proving beyond a shadow of doubt that they are as full of c**p and as mindlessly partisan bias; as the Republicans were during Bush's tenure.

Which is no big surprise or anything new. I knew it all along. But it's always intersting when any of them prove it all over, again.

Some times people forget.

The so-called standards Liberals and Democrats screamed about during Bush's tenure, have been immediately forgotten, ignored and twisted into a pretzel; now that their guy is in office.

It's the kind of Hypocrisy Republicans, Democrats and Liberals can all cherish in sharing.

Meanwhile mindless, stubborn partisan loyalties and favortisms over what's best for this country; continues to be one of the Top Five biggest causes of the deterioration and destruction of America.

And I doubt enough Americans will ever....finally understand that and abstain from supporting the Top Three Parties that have been destroying this country...for so long.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:29 AM

46,953 posts, read 25,990,037 times
The author of your Op-Ed piece takes a critical New York Times piece from 2006 and contrasts it with an investigation carried out in 2009.

Ignoring, of course, that the GWB administration released about two-thirds of the Guantanamo prisoners between 2005 and 2008. (And gambling - apparantly successfully - that the policy's backers will be either ignorant of that little factoid or willing to let their cognitive dissonance drown it out.)

And with that, he triumphantly proclaims that the Guantanamo policies are vindicated? That's more than a little dishonest.

Skilled spin, though - "Half truths work better than whole lies", as Stalin is rumored to have said.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:57 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
There is no excuse, no justification for Gitmo. Period. It is not a Liberal issue nor a Conservative issue, it is a moral issue. Both Liberals and Conservatives are capable of acting without morality at times. The Obama administration did not open Gitmo and I see nothing wrong with investigating whether or not the source of the justification for opening Gitmo was, in fact, valid. In truth, however, no investigation was needed. Even if a single goatherder could not be found among the detainee's, the very existence of a prison where the inmates languish for years without indictments or trial is wrong. Period.

H

Old 06-01-2010, 10:00 AM

220 posts, read 222,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ignoring, of course, that the GWB administration released about two-thirds of the Guantanamo prisoners between 2005 and 2008.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies