Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 02:10 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,470,526 times

Advertisements

I heard Tipper was changing her party affiliation to Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 02:12 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It could have been any number of things. Al's constant idling of his monster SUV's engine; he may have did it while it was parked in the garage and that's a carbon monoxide hazard. Or his wall of 30 TVs all on weather channels monitoring global warming. That's a lot of noise. His keeping every light in the house burning non stop 24/7. Try to sleep with that. Running the air conditioner and having the thermostat turned all the way up with the windows open. Talk about drafts and cold spots. Or maybe it was urine collection and 12 inch long fingernails and toenails. Or maybe that was Howard Hughes....
Or maybe you are having a hard time with reality.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:26 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Divorce??!!??...what she really wanted to do was choke him to death...but she couldn't find his neck!

Old 06-01-2010, 02:29 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,492,508 times
It's sad really.

The details of the separation are not our business. It's theirs.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:44 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theberserkergang View Post
Schadenfreude much?

I'd say 40 years is a pretty good run. Anyone that finds themselves happy over someone else's broken marriage should be ashamed.
We are supposed to be ashamed because we express joy that a con man, who should be in jail, got dumped by his old lady...?
Once again, in case you missed it, I wish them both as much misery as two worthless human beings can possibly endure... I have no mercy for crooks.... I guess you do..

Old 06-01-2010, 02:52 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
No matter what one may think of Al Gore and his politics, I would hope that everyone would view this separation as a sad occurence.
I don't consider it a sad occurrence. It isn't something that "happened" to them, like being struck by lightening or being run over by a train. It is a conscious choice that they have made after a lot of deliberation. The only time a marriage dies is if both parties let it. What is sad is that they are role models and public figures and their lack of desire to work through their issues and remain a couple is very disappointing. I thought they were both better than that.

20yrsinbranson

Old 06-01-2010, 02:58 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,354 times
Tipper and AL were 2 people more concerned with controlling other people that they forgot how to love each other and forgot marriage is not about being CENSORED!
In the bedroom and in the public eye :-)

Old 06-01-2010, 03:14 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
No matter what one may think of Al Gore and his politics, I would hope that everyone would view this separation as a sad occurence.
My thoughts as well. 40 freaking years of marriage, over. Not a good thing.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:42 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
They must've been staying together "for the kids". Problem is these 35 year old "kids" just won't move out!

Old 06-01-2010, 03:59 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I don't consider it a sad occurrence. It isn't something that "happened" to them, like being struck by lightening or being run over by a train. It is a conscious choice that they have made after a lot of deliberation. The only time a marriage dies is if both parties let it. What is sad is that they are role models and public figures and their lack of desire to work through their issues and remain a couple is very disappointing. I thought they were both better than that.

20yrsinbranson
Sometimes these things are a long time in coming. What may seem like an "occurrence" , maybe a lot of things over many years. Sometimes not. Many marriages just run out of gas, no fault I say. Everyone should have a practice marriage or two....it builds caricature. Been there done that...several times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies