Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:45 AM

487 posts, read 634,576 times

Advertisements

http://www.fdesouche.com/117533-tas-pas-un-06

This video is going viral in France and is raising the immigration debate and how a country should deal with immigrants who stick to their own ways. There are many parallels with the illegal immigration issue in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 11:14 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,685,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
“T’as pas un 06 ?”

This video is going viral in France and is raising the immigration debate and how a country should deal with immigrants who stick to their own ways. There are many parallels with the illegal immigration issue in the US.
Nobody is going to condone smacking that girl around but the video does not tell us what happened before she was smacked nor do we know what the relationship- if any- between her and him was. I doubt that he just walked up to a stranger and smacked her for no reason.
That said, the reason France has so many immigrants is the same reason we do- we don't want to do our own "dirty work". So when you bring in others to do the labour you do not want to do, you bring their ways with them too.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:16 AM

25,902 posts, read 24,608,214 times
Gee, there is a violent immigrant, let's stop immigration immediately.
The illegal French immigrants killed millions of Africans during the colonial era...

Old 06-01-2010, 01:51 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,882,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Nobody is going to condone smacking that girl around but the video does not tell us what happened before she was smacked nor do we know what the relationship- if any- between her and him was. I doubt that he just walked up to a stranger and smacked her for no reason.
That said, the reason France has so many immigrants is the same reason we do- we don't want to do our own "dirty work". So when you bring in others to do the labour you do not want to do, you bring their ways with them too.
I'm surprised to see this kind of group-think coming from you. Americans do not want to work 40 stories up for $35/hr today. When $35/hr was able to provide them with a middle class standard of living they worked happilly for that and less. Immigrants are coerced into accepting less than union scale for dirty and/or dangerous work because they are not: attempting to pay $1500/mo. rent on one, maybe two, incomes. Medical, union, dental, pension, deductions after paying Federal, State and Local taxes. Are not making Life Insurance payments. Do not have club dues for their childrens sports activities.

The American worker might be a bit entitled but s/he is not stupid. You cannot roll back an American workers salary to reflect what Third World laborers might accept without also reducing their exposure to First World infrastructure requirements. Chinese workers are striking and committing suicide by the score over the excesses of management. I suppose it would give many joy to see a broken and beaten American worker performing skilled factory worker for a few dollars, a day. There must be some kind of name for that.

American employers bring in Third World labor to undercut local labor sources and it is wrong. The native workers aren't the ones to be criticized for having pride in their worth it is the evil system that allows corporate interests to go across international borders an import labor over the heads of an existing labor supply for no other reason than that they will do the work for less money. The American worker was not given the opportunity to make a counteroffer. The lie that "Americans won't do this work" is flouted instead. Who did the work before the treaties existed that allowed foreign nationals to come in and do it? It was done, is all I'll say for now.

The slashings, gang-rapes and kidnappings of French, Swedish, German and other European women by Muslim refugees is very disturbing to me. In fact, that is really what they are: refugees. France does not do nearly as much immigration of economic refugees as the U.S. The majority of immigrants in France and the rest of Europe are political refugees. Europe, by and large, protects its native laborers from economic predetation. They seem to have their hands tied protecting their vulnerable citizens from the ingratitude of a subsection of the offspring of political refugees. Local law enforcement appears powerless to prevent the kidnappings, gang-rapes and facial mutilations of European natives of the countries that Muslim immigrants seek political asylum in. Truly that is called 'biting the hand'. The Mexicans aren't raping and mutilating American women, if they were and someone said, "that's the price we pay for having them here" that would be awful. I don't think Americans would tolerate violence done to American women by the male offspring of economic migrants to America. If said violence was being done by political refugees... ... I think it is safe to say that there would be an anti-immigrant backlash that would make Arizona seem practically welcoming by contrast.

H

Old 06-01-2010, 01:57 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,936,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
“T’as pas un 06 ?”

Maybe you name the "parallels" with the immigration issue here in the US?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:59 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,312,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Actually, it does tell us what happened before she was smacked. The smacker asked her for her cell phone number, and she chose not to give it to him. I can see where, to you, that would justify a beat-down.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Actually, it does tell us what happened before she was smacked. The smacker asked her for her cell phone number, and she chose not to give it to him. I can see where, to you, that would justify a beat-down.
Come now! Nobody condones that. I don't speak French and I don't know what they are saying. How come he has not been put in jail? Is that legal in France?

Old 06-01-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I'm surprised to see this kind of group-think coming from you. Americans do not want to work 40 stories up for $35/hr today. When $35/hr was able to provide them with a middle class standard of living they worked happilly for that and less. Immigrants are coerced into accepting less than union scale for dirty and/or dangerous work because they are not: attempting to pay $1500/mo. rent on one, maybe two, incomes. Medical, union, dental, pension, deductions after paying Federal, State and Local taxes. Are not making Life Insurance payments. Do not have club dues for their childrens sports activities.

The American worker might be a bit entitled but s/he is not stupid. You cannot roll back an American workers salary to reflect what Third World laborers might accept without also reducing their exposure to First World infrastructure requirements. Chinese workers are striking and committing suicide by the score over the excesses of management. I suppose it would give many joy to see a broken and beaten American worker performing skilled factory worker for a few dollars, a day. There must be some kind of name for that.

American employers bring in Third World labor to undercut local labor sources and it is wrong. The native workers aren't the ones to be criticized for having pride in their worth it is the evil system that allows corporate interests to go across international borders an import labor over the heads of an existing labor supply for no other reason than that they will do the work for less money. The American worker was not given the opportunity to make a counteroffer. The lie that "Americans won't do this work" is flouted instead. Who did the work before the treaties existed that allowed foreign nationals to come in and do it? It was done, is all I'll say for now.

The slashings, gang-rapes and kidnappings of French, Swedish, German and other European women by Muslim refugees is very disturbing to me. In fact, that is really what they are: refugees. France does not do nearly as much immigration of economic refugees as the U.S. The majority of immigrants in France and the rest of Europe are political refugees. Europe, by and large, protects its native laborers from economic predetation. They seem to have their hands tied protecting their vulnerable citizens from the ingratitude of a subsection of the offspring of political refugees. Local law enforcement appears powerless to prevent the kidnappings, gang-rapes and facial mutilations of European natives of the countries that Muslim immigrants seek political asylum in. Truly that is called 'biting the hand'. The Mexicans aren't raping and mutilating American women, if they were and someone said, "that's the price we pay for having them here" that would be awful. I don't think Americans would tolerate violence done to American women by the male offspring of economic migrants to America. If said violence was being done by political refugees... ... I think it is safe to say that there would be an anti-immigrant backlash that would make Arizona seem practically welcoming by contrast.

H
Just because they are "political" refugees does not mean their sorry asses cannot be locked up in prison for many years. In fact, I would still send them back home if they cannot conduct themselves in a proper manner. It is like- let's say you have a woman you know- maybe a relative and her husband beats the hell out of her and she is scared to go back home to him so she begs of you a place to stay. She is the "political refugee" and you are the "host country". You keep her because you know her husband is gonna beat the tar outta her if she goes home. But then you find she is drinking, stealing and finally she knocks your 3 year old upside the head with a hot iron. Do you still keep her? Hell no!

Old 06-01-2010, 05:13 PM

20,241 posts, read 19,805,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
..... I can see where, to you, that would justify a beat-down.

Wow, very upsetting to me.

In some cultures a beat down for refusing a man would be acceptable.

In my book "no" means "no" but I'm rather western, if not somewhat traditional, in my views towards women.

If that poor girl were my daughter I'd beat that so-called man to a pulp, at the very least.

Hopefully she has a father or brothers who will do the honorable thing.

I'll do my part to have it go viral here in the US.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:18 PM

20,241 posts, read 19,805,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Maybe you name the "parallels" with the immigration issue here in the US?
Any thoughts on the video, the girl, the pig that struck her hard enough to put her on the ground?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies