Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 05:17 PM

43,375 posts, read 44,091,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
They do it to get attention. Oh poor me! Everybody, look at me! Blah, blah, blah! I would love to visit Israel, but do not because it isn't very safe right now, why, because the Palestinians are always bombing them. If I do not wish to get hurt, I don't go there. If I didn't want to get crushed by a bulldoser, I won't jump infront of one....common sense. I know is lacking in you people... dosen't it hurt?
You could get crushed by a bulldozer in the USA. Your logic is flawed because if one travels to Israel as a tourist, you are as safe as you would be in any American large city especially since 9/11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 06:07 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,626,438 times
Quote:
I would love to visit Israel, but do not because it isn't very safe right now, why, because the Palestinians are always bombing them.
Israel is safe. Ever since the wall was put up around the West Bank, the bus and building bombings have stopped (or rarely occur). Israel has neighborhoods that you wouldn't walk through at night like there are certain places in US you wouldn't walk through either. But out of the numerous countries I've been to in the Middle East I feel the safest there (next would probably be Turkey). You'd think the military is everywhere but you rarely see them. As to Gaza, yes they shoot a few missles per day. The city they primary aim at is Sderot. Sderot in American terms is a small, one light( you turn right to enter city limits, turn left to enter shopping area), rural town that you have to drive way off the beaten path to get to. Past that everything around Gaza is farmland. The only reasons the Gazans haven't been able to inflict heavy missle damage on them is because Israel does not allow the materials in to build full size missle launchers. So Hamas tears the water conduits out of the ground to make portable missle launchers. Hamas runs outside of a building, does a quick setup, visually points at Sderot, fires and then runs away. Why do they run away? Because the heat signature shows up on Israeli radar within seconds.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
a woman who decided to risk her life
I think she is just another naive American. By looking at the videos you happen to notice the Arabs (not the rock throwers) are not standing with them. They are standing near the traffic barricade. The Arabs knew what to expect when confronting Israeli soldiers and set them up to be fall guys by not telling them.

As to shooting directly at them: There was no other choice since right behind them was automobile traffic.

As to pre warnings: In the unedited copy you can hear them being warned.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:18 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,401,622 times
Well I was wrong on this one-into the land of FOD

Old 02-03-2011, 10:23 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,822,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
You Israeli apologists are all sounding the same..

Translation: Israel can do no wrong.

So you back up Ayers Dorne and co., with Obama's permission of course, going to stir the fertilizer pot in the Middle East do you? Does that make you an apologist for the domestic terrorist friends of Obama?

Old 02-03-2011, 11:51 PM

5 posts, read 3,556 times
I'm willing to bet that if this woman had been hit by a tear gas cannister in a Muslim country, protesting their killing of civilians, the same people who are saying she should have minded her own business would be calling the Muslims animals, and saying it was proof of their "terrorist" mindset.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:09 PM

A video Emily Henochowicz posted:

Finally - YouTube

Old 08-26-2012, 07:00 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,818,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
A video Emily Henochowicz posted:

Finally - YouTube
A one-eyed idiot.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:13 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,060,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that many of these anti-Semites don't know that the Jews moved into a desert and have changed it into a nearly self-sufficient garden and that that happened in about 10 years of the beginning of their existence.

I really don't think that many of them realize that the Israelis were wanting to exist with Muslims living in their nation until the Palestine thing became a weapon for the neighbors to use against them.

They seriously don't want another holocaust and have been fighting those people who surround them all this time. I loved all the earlier wars when the Muslims always took them on one at a time instead of ganging up on them. I think that tells us a lot about their enemies and the fact that they didn't want to get together for fear that the resulting force may take them all over.
Please do not call people who question Israeli's as anti-semites. Its offensive to them,and to your own intelligence.

There is a problem. If there wasn't then ex-soliders wouldn't be commenting like here:

Israeli soldiers expose plight of Palestinian children

The commander gripped the kid, stuck his gun in his mouth . . . The kid was hardly able to walk. We dragged him further, and then he said again: 'One more time this kid lifts a stone, anything, I kill him. No mercy'," one former soldier states.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
.... We dragged him further, and then he said again: 'One more time this kid lifts a stone, anything, I kill him. No mercy'," one former soldier states.
He was probably caught stoning people. You can kill a person if it hits them in the head. Just by the statement this person was read the riot act to scare him and was released. Look at any video on the net, stoners are never shot at with bullets. They are shot at with gas grenades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies