Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 06:41 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
I agree. That's what I don't get from most(not all) liberals. Why the disdain and tearing down of Christian values, but yet hardly ever a peep about Islam, Buddism, etc? They love to tear Christians down and make fun of Jesus and the Bible, but are for the most part silent on other religions. I wonder if it is because of fear of getting KILLED if they did(Islam). Hmmmm., yeah most libs are not very tolerant at all...
Wetting their pants comes to mind. Spineless as well. The radical Muslims would kill them first, but they choose to be ignorant of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 06:44 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Suicide bombers on the other side of the world don't affect me much.

Some screaming preacher trying to make God-laws about when I can buy booze, what can be shown on the TV, broadcast on the radio...things like that affect me.
Like those suicidal radicals that killed thousands of people in the WTC?

This post amazes me in the worst way.

WAY TO GO OKLAHOMA. WE SUPPORT YOU!

Old 06-02-2010, 06:46 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Like those suicidal radicals that killed thousands of people in the WTC?

This post amazes me in the worst way.

WAY TO GO OKLAHOMA. WE SUPPORT YOU!

Gee, let's take a post and completely ignore what it was responding to!

Fun game.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:49 PM

419 posts, read 448,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
There is that liberal (aka "progressive" ya right, lol) tolerance for ya!
I am not religious in anyway, and choose to keep out of all organized religions. It is my American right. I tolerate the fact that there are people out there so stupid that they would believe Joseph Smith was a prophet, and his whole crazy absurdity of a story those people fall behind, then fine. I will still make fun of it and laugh at it, because it is my American right.

It was never the Founding Fathers intentions to have the citizens paying for religous monuments on public land.. There is time to not tolerate some things that are crossing the lines of American ideals.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:00 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, then it seems we're in agreement that there are perfectly viable, 100% secular laws to live by. Excellent.

We are in agreement that all should follow the Constitution and are bound by it's laws. We also agree that you shall follow your path to hapiness and I will follow mine

Old 06-02-2010, 07:10 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
Although I've never lived in Oklahoma I have driven through it numerous times. The one thing that concerns me is why is God so piissed off at this state. We are talking about the heart, or at least the buckle, of the bible belt. Why does the Lord insist on unleashing continual tornadoes at his most ardent followers? Katrina and New Orleans I can understand, homosexuals, liberals and just basic deviants are one thing. But Oklahoma? Gee Whiz, this state has to be the most fundamental evangelical regions of the entire country. Is there anyone that lives in the state that can give me a "common sense" answer why the big guy has such a bee in his bonnet attitude against you?

Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Although I've never lived in Oklahoma I have driven through it numerous times. The one thing that concerns me is why is God so piissed off at this state. We are talking about the heart, or at least the buckle, of the bible belt. Why does the Lord insist on unleashing continual tornadoes at his most ardent followers? Katrina and New Orleans I can understand, homosexuals, liberals and just basic deviants are one thing. But Oklahoma? Gee Whiz, this state has to be the most fundamental evangelical regions of the entire country. Is there anyone that lives in the state that can give me a "common sense" answer why the big guy has such a bee in his bonnet attitude against you?
Hilarious. Great question.

Why does Massachusetts not get hit with natural disasters every year? Godless states like that must surely be prime for smiting.

Why are the earthquakes, fires, and mudslides only hitting southern California? Why not San Francisco and Oakland (Sodom and Gomorrah)?

Why does God continue to only punish Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, and Texas with tornadoes every spring?

Anyway, please move to Oklahoma. I hope you all do. Leave the rest of the country to the sane people.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:24 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
Ah sounds nice. I have passed through Oklahoma twice and never really saw anything worth stopping for. I like mountains I love beautiful scenery as well. How is the job situation in Arizona?
I dunno. I only visit there. Never lived there.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:24 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am seriously considering moving to the Sooner state and It seems like it is one of the few places in this country where common sense still exists and it has not yet been contaminated by Liberalism, here are some of the new Oklahoma laws that have been passed:

Oklahoma House bill 1330 authorized a monument resembling the Ten Commandments to be placed in the State Capitol Park in Oklahoma City. The Oklahoma House passed a final version of the bill by a vote of 83-2, on April 23, 2009. The Oklahoma Senate had passed it on a vote of 37-9.

On April 23, 2009, House Bill 2245 passed in the Oklahoma Senate with a vote of 43 to 0. The Oklahoma Criminal Illegal Alien Rapid Repatriation Act of 2009 "would allow the Oklahoma Department of Corrections to immediately send inmates who are in the country illegally to Immigration and Customs Enforcement for deportation."

State Bill 1102 would require that illegal aliens and criminals convicted of a host of misdemeanor crimes submit themselves to DNA sample collection from law enforcement and data to be entered into a federal database. Named after a University of Oklahoma ballet student raped and killed in 1996, the bill was approved April 20, 2009.

Oklahoma's House Concurrent Resolution 1028 will give the state sovereignty. The resolution’s author, state Rep. Charles Key, R-Oklahoma City, told reporters, "The point of the resolution is to tell federal lawmakers and the president to stick to their jobs as outlined in the U.S. Constitution and quit handing out federal money to failing companies." There are several other states sovereignty movements in the nation including Texas, California and Alaska.

House Bill 1025 was passed by the Oklahoma house by a vote 70-8 which would make it a misdemeanor for employers to inquire if job applicants own a gun according to May 13,2009. HB 1025 is on its way to the Senate for a vote
Wow I guess must mean that you now think Iowa sucks?

Old 06-02-2010, 07:26 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I was a member of the NRA, as was my Father. The NRA has turned into something we can't support anymore.

I have a plate on my car with a whales tail on it. My money supports conservation of our natural resources.... I'd say preserving our land and oceans so we actually HAVE someplace to be patriotic about is good enough for me.
I have a few differences with the NRA but since I agree with them 90% of the time, I am still a member. I also have a few differences with the ACLU but since I agree with them 90% of the time, I stick with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies