Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 07:48 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times

Advertisements

[quote=Repubocrat;14433544]
Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post

Oklahoma is a very religious state and if people want to have a monument with the 10 Commandments, I don't see the problem with that. Most of your Liberals are anti-God and deep inside, you want all the God fearing states to turn into Liberal paradises like Mexifornia
Oh is that the plan?

Sorry we were too busy educating ourselves by learning about evolution to hear you crying and moaning from the land of Oz.

Got to go, there is an interracial gay couple buring the American flag in front of the local church. Us and the neighbors are gonna go cheer them on.

Last edited by lmkcin; 06-02-2010 at 08:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Keep laughing while the Liberals are taking over your state, Houston and Dallas in 10 years will be Liberal strongholds and I don't even bother going to these cities anymore, usually if I want real Texas, I go West to Odessa, Midland and Amarillo, those will always be Liberal-free cities.
Maybe because Conservatism is dead. We live in an age with the world at your fingertips.

Everything you need to know can be found instantaneously.

Ignorance is no longer bliss. You should catch the wave. It'll be lonely at the bottom of the cesspool.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
I agree. That's what I don't get from most(not all) liberals. Why the disdain and tearing down of Christian values, but yet hardly ever a peep about Islam, Buddism, etc? They love to tear Christians down and make fun of Jesus and the Bible, but are for the most part silent on other religions. I wonder if it is because of fear of getting KILLED if they did(Islam). Hmmmm., yeah most libs are not very tolerant at all...
Surprise Suprise a religious zealot from the land of religious zealots. You're so cliche.

There are other religions in the world. We are a secular nation. religion is a private matter. if you hate this idea. Allow me to buy you a one way ticket to Saudi Arabia.

Has it occured to you that most liberals are Christians. Including this one. Rule number one of Christianity is...wait for it...LOVE THY NEIGHBOR! I guess you failed that quiz at Sunday school.

Jesus was a liberal. Caring for the poor and downtrotten. Breaking the State. Putting people of power in their place. C'mon, he was liberal way before it was cool.

Last edited by lmkcin; 06-02-2010 at 08:10 PM..

Old 06-02-2010, 08:20 PM

897 posts, read 1,592,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you rid yourself of the religious zeal, and racism you have, you would make a great conservative.

Hmm... I'm not sure what you mean here. How can I have religious zeal when I'm not religious and what have I posted that shows I'm a racist?

Let's just put it this way: When your party shows that it would represent a Salvadoran atheist who is married to a black woman then I'll join it. As of right now, putting the ten commandments on a federal building and their history towards minorities are the reasons I'm staying away from the republican party AND Oklahoma.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:27 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
I am here in Stillwater, I arrived here on Friday and so far, I love this state. I had only been to Tulsa, but this time, I had the opportunity to visit Norman, Oklahoma City and Stillwater. Oklahoma City is a good city, very clean, unemployment is low and very affordable. Oklahoma City is definitely an up and coming city, it has an amazing entertainment district downtown called Bricktown similar to the Riverwalk in San Antonio. I also visited the Oklahoma National Memorial and Museum, dedicated to the victims of the bombing in Oklahoma City and it was very touching. For those of you looking for a place to relocate to, where life is slower, and affordable, Oklahoma City is a very underrated city.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:34 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
[quote=Pappy&Me;14433567]
Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post

Why don't you ask this to the people who put the Ten Commandments on our Supreme Court Walls ?

You don't understand the ' church and state ' law because you don't know America .

Better yet ' if you don't like what American was founded on ' warts and all ' leave !

Some prefer to stay and try and fix the warts, maybe it's the people who oppose wart removal that should leave

Old 06-05-2010, 09:20 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am here in Stillwater, I arrived here on Friday and so far, I love this state. I had only been to Tulsa, but this time, I had the opportunity to visit Norman, Oklahoma City and Stillwater. Oklahoma City is a good city, very clean, unemployment is low and very affordable. Oklahoma City is definitely an up and coming city, it has an amazing entertainment district downtown called Bricktown similar to the Riverwalk in San Antonio. I also visited the Oklahoma National Memorial and Museum, dedicated to the victims of the bombing in Oklahoma City and it was very touching. For those of you looking for a place to relocate to, where life is slower, and affordable, Oklahoma City is a very underrated city.
Nothing could "underrate" that city. Glad you like it though. Stay there.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:08 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner71 View Post
biblical laws = MORALS
Biblical laws=mostly ancient bull**** that wasn't very good even when it was new, with a dose of the 'completely ****ing obvious' thrown in to help people swallow the bull****.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:45 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,509,755 times
The weather sucks and it's boring. I stayed at a beautiful hotel in downtown Tulsa but it was like a ghost town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies