Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:56 AM

328 posts, read 196,073 times

Advertisements

You don't think rights can be taken away BentBow? Liberals have been trying to abolish the 2nd amendment since the 30's. I would say yeah rights can be taken away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 09:57 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Liberals, Republicans and Democrats have been destroying this country for many decades. To a large degree they are all the same.

For too many decades laws and policies have been determined and created by the partisan dispositions of these people.

And that's the problem.

Liberals for an example, are far too entrenched in their Liberal core. Despite the self-proclamations of many Liberals about being "open-minded". Too many Liberals lack the ability to think and see anything other than their own partisan theology.

They lack the ability to adjust to immediate current crisises. Current situations and the dangers of changing times.

They want to remain entrenched in their core "values" and pretend that their core "values" will address and be a solution to everything. And that goes for Republicans and Democrats, too.

It has never worked. Never!

It is as foolish to believe that ignoring Illegal Immigration Laws is a legitimate and productive solution to our problems; as it is to believe "Bibical Law" is the answer and solution to anything in our society.

This country has had many serious problems in the past. It has many serious problems at the present. And we (as all coutries around the world) will continue to face serious problems......in the future.

Refusing to adjust and re-evaluate situations because of a commitment to some partisan core "values" and theology; is narrow-minded, ignorant and self-absorbed.

This type of behaviour betrays what truely is best for our country.

Only fools defend Illegal Immigrants and call for their amnesty and support.

Illegal Immigration and an over-saturation of legal immigrants has been a heavy burden on this country, for a long time, now.

Only a fool fails to see it.

And I believe fools subscribe completely to one political ideology. Most people are shades of gray in between the two, but are one issue voters which is what gets us in trouble. Far too many people vote for someone simply because they are a 'good' Christian, or they vote pro choice, or pro life etc etc.

I think people need to look at the big picture.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:59 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
You don't think rights can be taken away BentBow? Liberals have been trying to abolish the 2nd amendment since the 30's. I would say yeah rights can be taken away.
I'm a female liberal gun owner.

There are people on BOTH sides of the political spectrum that are trying to 'take away' gun rights. Personally, I don't think the 2nd amendment is going away anytime soon.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:59 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And I believe fools subscribe completely to one political ideology. Most people are shades of gray in between the two, but are one issue voters which is what gets us in trouble. Far too many people vote for someone simply because they are a 'good' Christian, or they vote pro choice, or pro life etc etc.

Looking at the big picture means less time to check up on celebrities and sports. Are you kidding?

Old 06-02-2010, 10:01 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Our nation was founded upon the laws of the bible.
No it wasn't.

Quote:
Care to actually read the preamble to the Constitution, or how about the bill of rights?
Check the 1st amendment, please.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:15 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You missed Gunners point, they are saying that it would be forcing a particular set of morals on others based on ones religous beliefs.
Casper
True, but it's a critique of those who base their morals on fundamentalism of religion. We can tease out the rules individually that seem to contradict things. This is outside the equal rights arguments, and just focusing on religion dogma for what is moral (in the bible) as the basis of law.

Lets say homosexuality, the bible (and inference that the bible is the word of god) condemns it as an abomination. Therefore it should be made illegal and stopped in all forms; often in the basis of the push of many fundamentalist Christian right agendas into law (certainly stopping equality rights, though many try and push it to be illegal). Often many Midwest and Red States champion fighting against it as showing themselves as "morally upright" and better then those evil "liberal" states, that try and pass equal rights and non-discrimination for it.

The bible also calls shellfish and shrimp abominations, the same exact thing, and they should not be eaten.

It is certainly legal to eat these things, and many places where I have lived in the Midwest, Red Lobster/Long John Silver's are a popular after church destination. It certainly plays heavily into the diets in the gulf region, that is often very Christian. People are also championing that Shrimp/Shellfish fishers in the gulf should get compensation for the impact of the spill on their livelihood of fishing abominations.

To call for the elimination of one abomination on the basis of what is said in bible, but often gnoshing into another (sometimes at the same time), seems a logical incongruence. To follow a document as the word of God, but ignore the words you don't like, is generally Apostasy (or at least heresy). Championing to be holy while being an Apostate (a false idol, along with followers) has worse commendation in the bible, and with a commandment against it, then being (or eating) an abomination. They should all be put to death according to the bible, but the false idols are rounded up first.

That is making the assumption that all law should be based on religious tenets and morality.

Especially those who champion themselves as more "morally upright" (like the op does in Oklahoma), even though they are actually Apostates.

Last edited by subsound; 06-02-2010 at 10:37 AM..

Old 06-02-2010, 10:47 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Yup. That's part of the points I was making.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:52 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Keep laughing while the Liberals are taking over your state, Houston and Dallas in 10 years will be Liberal strongholds and I don't even bother going to these cities anymore, usually if I want real Texas, I go West to Odessa, Midland and Amarillo, those will always be Liberal-free cities.

LOL, Odessa/Midland and Amarillo. Real Texas....too funny. Sure if you mean real backwards! Please, please keep to those cities, it'll make Texas safe for the rest of us, who want to stay into the 21st century. Shows you know nothing about Houston or Dallas. There may be pockets of "liberalism" in Texas, but even the liberal Texans are more conservative than most conservatives. And real conservative, not that fancy nancy make believe fake conservatism...we're talking what's best for the country...I know it's a weird concept for some, but quit drinking the kool-aid and as the saying goes "the truth shall set you free".

Enjoy.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:03 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times
The title of this thread really should be "Where Common Sense Goes To Die."

Old 06-02-2010, 11:12 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
LOL, Odessa/Midland and Amarillo. Real Texas....too funny. Sure if you mean real backwards! Please, please keep to those cities, it'll make Texas safe for the rest of us, who want to stay into the 21st century. Shows you know nothing about Houston or Dallas. There may be pockets of "liberalism" in Texas, but even the liberal Texans are more conservative than most conservatives. And real conservative, not that fancy nancy make believe fake conservatism...we're talking what's best for the country...I know it's a weird concept for some, but quit drinking the kool-aid and as the saying goes "the truth shall set you free".

Enjoy.
Well said.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies