Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2010, 10:59 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Reputation: 18521

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post


If he'd go after the "fat" people vote, he'd have more votes than Obama going after the minorities. LOL!


He is a big guy, so what. His brain works just fine.
Discriminating against him because he is big, is no worse than because of the color of his skin.

The guy has big potential if he keeps it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2010, 11:25 AM
 
631 posts, read 720,346 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Many possibilities. It could be the county portion of your bill went up, the town has no control over that. It could be your town council raised taxes. Not all Republicans are conservitives. Vote out the bums who raised your taxes and vote in conservatives.
Checked with the town. They had to raises it due to massive cuts in state aid. This is happening to many towns across NJ. I cant see how its all the local town's fault, and not that Christie might have gone to far with his cuts. To me, it seems like both need to share the blame. I know how the far right loves Christie, but so far I'm not too impressed. All I got was less services and more money out of my pocket. Thankful I dont need to use public transportation, otherwise I'd be out close to 2 grand this year.

Last edited by mikeym81; 06-04-2010 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 02:02 PM
 
4,814 posts, read 3,846,589 times
Reputation: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He is a big guy, so what. His brain works just fine.
Discriminating against him because he is big, is no worse than because of the color of his skin.

The guy has big potential if he keeps it up.
I wasn't discriminating against him because of his weight. He has joked about it too. Remember when he was running and all they could talk about was his weight. I thought he handled the whole thing great - something like - "So, what if I'm fat." LOL! He is a great guy and is doing a great job!! I wish he were our dark horse for 2012.

When I posted, I had in mind the recent clip I saw of Obama appealing to the minorities for the upcoming election. He didn't include white people in his appeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2010, 05:02 PM
 
Location: #
9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times
Reputation: 6324
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
HELLO!
Because Robinhood was a thief!
What I worked hard for, is not yours!
Your simplistic view of the Democratic party delineates perfectly why they are in power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2010, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Reputation: 3146
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
Checked with the town. They had to raises it due to massive cuts in state aid. This is happening to many towns across NJ. I cant see how its all the local town's fault, and not that Christie might have gone to far with his cuts. To me, it seems like both need to share the blame. I know how the far right loves Christie, but so far I'm not too impressed. All I got was less services and more money out of my pocket. Thankful I dont need to use public transportation, otherwise I'd be out close to 2 grand this year.

$11 billion in the hole, the cuts are going to happen. Your town had a choice. They chose to raise taxes. You can choose to vote them out in November. Christie didn't accumulate the debt, but he does need to dal with it.Oother governors have chosen to kick the can down the road. That is very dangerous game, ask California. Worse yet ask greece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2010, 05:16 PM
 
2,318 posts, read 1,897,155 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Of course!

The problem with schools is teachers!

It's all so easy to see!

Only teachers in the union, the rest may be ok . Teachers should have stood up for the children and refused to teach sex and filth to our young .

All most Americans care about is their paychecks and we need to change that .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2010, 05:33 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Reputation: 18521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I wasn't discriminating against him because of his weight. He has joked about it too. Remember when he was running and all they could talk about was his weight. I thought he handled the whole thing great - something like - "So, what if I'm fat." LOL! He is a great guy and is doing a great job!! I wish he were our dark horse for 2012.

When I posted, I had in mind the recent clip I saw of Obama appealing to the minorities for the upcoming election. He didn't include white people in his appeal.



Yet, you went there, without thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2010, 06:46 PM
 
1 posts, read 778 times
Reputation: 10
Default daily/hourly wage

So there's lots of good info now on these benefit packages. Why do we keep talking about base salaries as if that's what teachers are paid? What's the net present value of the package? What's the daily wage? What's the hourly wage? What's the pay per class? I wish I had time to work this out. Is someone interested in crunching the numbers and changing the debate? $110k is probably closer to $180k and the hourly wage must exceed $150/hour. Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2010, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Reputation: 3146
NJ does not want to go the way of Connecticut.

EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Rating Cut by Fitch on Wealthiest U.S. State

"“The downgrade reflects the state’s reduced financial flexibility, illustrated by its reliance on sizable debt issuances during the current biennium to close operating gaps in the context of already high liabilities,” Fitch said."

The NJEA's position just got weaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2010, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
1,891 posts, read 3,452,430 times
Reputation: 1746
Public employees should not be allowed to organize, anywhere in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top