Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 01:23 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Open Left:: Red-State moochers: States' returns on federal taxes favor those who complain the most

Funny - all the nutty teabaggers upset about "government spending". They spend the least and get the most. For those of you that won't READ the article (i know that can be a challenge for some of you). Here's a nice pretty picture:
this 'open left' dingbat still believes that ohio, north carolina, colorado and new mexico voted for mccain in 2008?

must be a liberal..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
All the more reason to elect republicans, no? Only an idiot would vote democrat if they can't even 'bring home the bacon' for their constituents at a breakeven level.

Take Illinois for example (because I live in this cesspool). We've been hijacked by democrats for years and have one of the worst returns on our $$ out of the 50 states. What's the incentive to keep electing these morons? So our budget will become more bloated while less and less of our federal $'s come back to our state? NTY.
The military budget is 55% of discretionary spending. That's where the money is. Who is least likely to touch that? The GOP. They worship it. The additional spending needed for Obamacare that got all you know nothings riled up was only 5% of the military budget.

When the GOP starts talking about cutting defense spending, where the real money is...lets talk.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:31 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The military budget is 55% of discretionary spending. That's where the money is. Who is least likely to touch that? The GOP. They worship it. The additional spending needed for Obamacare that got all you know nothings riled up was only 5% of the military budget.

When the GOP starts talking about cutting defense spending, where the real money is...lets talk.
Hahaha, you actually believe the Obamacare cost estimates? Even after the CBO revised their numbers? Wow. Got any spare cash? I've got a bridge to sell ya.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:36 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Hahaha, you actually believe the Obamacare cost estimates? Even after the CBO revised their numbers? Wow. Got any spare cash? I've got a bridge to sell ya.
You mean the CBO that overestimated the Bank bailout cost and the 2009 Federal budget deficit?

Yes they do very good non-biased work there.

Only in your right wing world is objective data to be scoffed at when it doesn't jive with your ideology.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:37 PM

683 posts, read 428,840 times
Quote:
Bitter white right wingers whining about the Federal spending when they are making out like bandits.
Close but it's the bitter white right wingers whinging about the minority liberal voting moochers in their state that make out like bandits. They pay taxes and get less in return just like the bitter white elite blue state libiots.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:37 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Have to watch out for the Obama Sheeple, they will probably tell you, that yes they have spare cash, We all know the truth now, don't we. What spare cash, in this economy!

Old 06-02-2010, 01:40 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
I'll be the devil's advocate for a minute. Many of those states have low population densities, low cost of living, and lower average income. So they can't generate as much tax revenue as states like New York or California, but it still costs them roughly the same amount to maintain their infrastructure. So basically, that's how the system is supposed to work. When you pay federal taxes, there is no guarantee they are coming back to your state, they go to who needs them.

That being said, the hypocrisy bothers me too.
There is no hypocrisy, just more lies from the left. What they are not telling you is that not a single penny of those federal taxpayer dollars are being spent on or by any of the States.

These federal taxpayer dollars are being spent by Congress on federal land and federal projects. Alaska, for example, has 16 federal military bases and more than 144 million acres of federal lands such as National Parks, Preserves, Monuments, etc.

These dishonest leftists know that if you knew were the federal taxpayer dollars were actually being spent they would have nothing to complain about, so they deliberately lie to try to make you believe that this money is being sent to the States to spend, when in fact it is not.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
I've always advocated Democrats crafting up legislation that would allow these Red States to keep their own collected Federal income tax. You can even lower if you want because it's all yours to keep. In return we are not going to spend any Federal tax Dollars in your State OK?

Those poor dumfounded hypocrites wouldn't know what to do....lol

Eat their words or suffer in their "independece".
I noticed that some quite important military bases would have to be closed down with your system in existence. I guess you don't care about that at all, do you? Find a place for Offutt Air Base, Fort Leavenworth, and the Air Bases near Topeka and Wichita Ks. Since Ks. is the state with the most right leaning people who talk so much surely you would be in favor of closing those establishments and building replacements in Texas. It would only cost a tiny bit to rebuild them and our government doesn't mind throwing some money at you blues.

You are taking sides with a far left site that hasn't really thought about what they are saying, but then you don't think it through either. I wonder how many billions it would take to rebuild those places.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Hell no! If not for the farm subsidies, military bases and the FAA traning center in Oklahoma, the place would dry up and die.
How many billion dollars do you think it would take to rebuild the sites I suggested to Padcrasher? How much wheat would have to be imported from Canada if those states didn't exist with their agricultural subsidies? I'll bet you don't know that the model states for Obama also pay agricultural subsidies that make ours look puny.

I love to see you clowns talk about these things without thinking about what happens to the food thing if we move out of those states since there is nothing there.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Many of those states are agricultural states and vast amounts of money are spent shoring up that industry. You can bet the farm those states would feed themselves first before shipping any excess produce off to the east and west coasts. Or the oil either.
Those people don't even know what happens when the coasts force diesel trucks to use solar power or something else like that. It has been suggested that the food stores in NYC and most other coastal cities would have empty shelves 3 days after the truckers failed to haul to them. I wonder what kind of riots they are dreaming up for NYC. I believe that the ones in Paris and Athens would look pretty sad by comparison, and yet, they don't need those of us from the agricultural states. They think we would starve just to get all the food to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies