U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 05:40 PM

148 posts, read 296,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
1. It's not ignorant its a possible reason. 2. I never said ANYONE saw the world the way I see it. I really don't care if they do. Obviously if the world doesn't see that the U.K government is allowing more and more illegals into the country and soon enough England won't be English anymore but a mixture of 3rd world illegal immigrants. I am glad that is what you want for your future. Makes me sick to my stomach I remember a few years back sinn fein said it would rather have africans move to Ireland than the English. That is a sick mind.
Sinn Fein ha ha what a pack of losers, they have no chance of ever being a part of an Irish Government (Republic). Ireland has one of the largest percentage of foreign born populations in the World, the British (and no I'm not talking about the ones that colonised, they are indistinguishable from any other Irishman and I have them in my ancestory too), Poles, Lithuanians, Nigerians, Romanians, Russians, Chineese are probably are biggest immigrant groups off the top of my head. Guess what its about number 35 on the list of priorities of the Irish people, come to Ireland (keep your silly comments to yourself) and your more than welcome, Welcome to Paradise Everyones Welcome , by the way I am a centre-right voter and I hate bloody hippies
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 05:43 PM

148 posts, read 296,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
May they rest in peace.
That said , tell me about Gun control and how good it works?? if just one person had a firearm, how many whould still be alive.
Your missing the point, this is only the third time this has happened in the U.K. that shows gun control works.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:44 PM

78 posts, read 65,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
Gun control only lets the government control its law abiding citizens. Criminals still have weapons.
ABSOLUTELY correct. Banning guns does not stop gun crime. In fact, in the case of the UK, gun crime has doubled since the ban on handguns in 1997. Banning guns does nothing but take away the rights of ordinary, law abiding citizens from defending themselves and their homes against criminal scum. An unarmed population is also a toothless population. In the case of the US, guns aren't the reason why we have so much crime. It's far more complex than that. Switzerland has almost 100% gun ownership and virtually no crime. I hope the UK government doesn't instigate some sort of knee-jerk ban on shotguns as that would be wrong on so many levels.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevar242 View Post
may they rest in peace.
That said , tell me about gun control and how good it works?? If just one person had a firearm, how many whould still be alive.
it doesn't work.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:50 PM

34,990 posts, read 37,108,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ12345 View Post
Switzerland has almost 100% gun ownership and virtually no crime.
How interesting.

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-02-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born&BredIrish View Post
Your missing the point, this is only the third time this has happened in the U.K. that shows gun control works.
Dude, I actually agree with a lot of what you've posted, but this really has nothing to do with gun control. The UK would not have as much gun violence as the US, even if the UK enjoyed a "right to bear arms", as it should. Banning handguns in 1997 didn't make gun crime in the UK go down. In fact, gun crime there has doubled. All the ban did was to take firearms away from ordinary, law abiding citizen who would shoot for sport, or wanted to have a gun to protect themselves and their families from intruders.

All banning guns does is render the civilian populace useless against armed criminals and the threat of government militia.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Hi Anne,

Since I'm posting from my phone, I can't really dig into what you're trying to say, but I did manage to see that many of the gun related deaths in Switzerland are suicides. Guns or no guns, people will still find a way to kill themselves. It certainly beats throwing yourself in front of a train, or trying to OD on pills.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:07 PM

34,990 posts, read 37,108,561 times
Hi BQ. I'm not saying anything, just noting out loud, something that was news to me

Old 06-02-2010, 06:13 PM

I'd like to add one more thing:

"Hail America, hail the new world!"

it may not be perfect over here, but thank god for the bill of rights and the right to bear arms!

(from a gun-toting Anglo-Irishman)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies