Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2010, 09:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,167,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Contrary to your mistaken belief, no one is talking about doing away with freedom of speech. Yes, Voight will speak out in the future just like he has in the past and present when he feels like it.
Will he have that Fox stage to do it on? I think that Obama wants that to not be a reality then.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Why?
None of the left media will have him talking like that and Obama wants Fox gone before he finishes his term. I say that the Congress will take care of it all before he is gone unless we take at least one house of Congress away from the Dems this fall.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:12 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,651,684 times
Oh good God. Jon Voight will be able to voice whatever opinion he wants 2 years from now, just like Rush Limbaugh or Hannity has been able to. Just because the left is in power and hates these people means much of anything. If it ever came to a point where they for whatever crazy reason had a chance to repeal the 1st amendment or something like that, then I think a ton of people, including me, would do everything they could to fight against the administration to stop it. Rest assured, your conservative pundits have just as much freedom of speech as the liberal counterparts at MSNBC and CNN. Nothing to worry about folks.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
ROB, you sure know how to stir the hornets nest.
The hornets are buzzing about this one, aren't they? They manage to ignore so many things and surely they know that the Dems took care of the radio people with the Fairness Doctrine. Of course, they don't know about some of the czars in the White House so they just take it for granted that it can't happen.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
How is this coming from the mouth of the same guy that said this crap when Bush was in office.

Voight had said about criticism of the previous President, George W. Bush, in an April 27, 2007 interview with Bill O'Reilly on The O'Reilly Factor: "And they — what I hear, you know, talking about our president. When I hear people saying quite unthinkable things about our president, when I see our president defaced, which is defacing our country. He's the leader of our country. He's the leader of the free world. It — my heart is very heavy."
Welllllllllllllll he was a Bush supporter I guess.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Sure, sure sure...

Obama will have overturned the constitution and replaced the federal government with a muslim sharia law taliban/islamist junta that will rule America in concert with the Trilateral Commission, the Illuminati, and the Bilderburgers.
By golly you really do take them all in, don't you?

Have you ever heard of the Fairness Doctrine? Did they pass that one with the Constitution and all its amendments in force? Somehow I think they did.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
This isn't "stirring the hornet's nest" so much as "making everyone scratch their heads".

There's no reason to assume that the first amendment rights would be taken away.
Another one that doesn't know about the Fairness Doctrine that a Democrat Congress passed and that some of the people in the White House want done again. Are you really that uninformed or are you just too young?

Old 06-02-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
What are you saying! that is 2 years we will no longer have a 1st Amendement, you must read crystal balls, and wow to no longer have a 1st amendement, , or to choose who can speak freely and who cannot, is utter nonsense. Why do some start crap like this on here, unless we know first hand if this is going to happen, we should not make statements like this. Nope don't see this happening, and yes he will be able to speak like this in 2 years, unless we are silenced from speaking freely, and nope ain't gona happen.
He won't be saying things like that on the network channels and if Fox can be bridled, and they can, he won't have a stage to talk like that.

Only fools think that the 1st Amendment will not still be there. However, I am not convinced that the Constitution with all its protective amendments will still be around. I am not a fool just afraid of what is running the executive branch.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
Oh good God. Jon Voight will be able to voice whatever opinion he wants 2 years from now, just like Rush Limbaugh or Hannity has been able to. Just because the left is in power and hates these people means much of anything. If it ever came to a point where they for whatever crazy reason had a chance to repeal the 1st amendment or something like that, then I think a ton of people, including me, would do everything they could to fight against the administration to stop it. Rest assured, your conservative pundits have just as much freedom of speech as the liberal counterparts at MSNBC and CNN. Nothing to worry about folks.
Did the Democrat Congress repeal the 1st Amendment when they inserted the Fairness Doctrine? Somehow I don't think they did but they got it done and did silence the Conservatives pretty well with it.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:27 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,368,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am talking to everybody here with this post. Righties and all forms of lefties all of you are being questioned about this. Go ahead and watch the video and then answer my question.

YouTube - Jon Voight calls out Barack Obama

I very much doubt that he will be allowed to speak words like this on national tv by then unless something GOOD happens in the upcoming national election. He may not be able to even with the left losing that election. THEY have accomplished so much in just 1 1/2 years that who knows what they can do in the next two years.
I can assure you that everyone will be allowed to speak whatever words that come to mind in the next two years. They may not get a soapbox to speak from, but they will certainly be free to say whatever they please. We may have to fight to keep our constitutionally protected rights, but that has been no different from any other administration in US history. As the adage goes, "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."

Not seven years after the First Amendment was ratified President Adams signed the Alien & Sedition Act of 1798 into law, and it has been an uphill battle ever since. If it is not the First Amendment under siege, then one of the other constitutionally protected rights will be targeted (usually depending on which political party controls Congress and the White House).

Quote:
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
That is the true American way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies