Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2010, 12:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfles View Post
This thread is proof positive that the liberal left is grasping at straws and going off the deepend. They are being deliberately obtuse and trying their damndest to spin this and put words in people's mouths. I'm actually kind of enjoying it.. Keep it up sheeple!
Actually, we're reminding people of the opposite -- of the very words that this woman chose to say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 12:27 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
We are not privy to the father's medical records. All we have is Jan Brewer's statement that her father developed "lung disease" from inhaling the toxic fumes from the chemicals used in the munitions plant. We have no good reason the think she is making this up. He died at an early age when she was 11 years old . The fumes from prolonged exposure to toxic chemicals CAN cause lung disease. That is an undisputed fact.

I won't be around for several hours to give you any links so if you want to dispute anything I've said, come up with your own links disproving me.

The brouhaha, not only here but all over the internet, is nothing more than attempts to discredit and smear Jan Brewer because she had the guts to sign legislation that the lefties don't like. She was called "Hitler's daughter", which is an insult to both her and her father. Naturally, she leaped to his defense as any one who loves their father and honors his service to America would. That her phraseology was imperfect is regrettable but apparently that's the only straw the Left can find with which to beat this woman.
Yep. Its hard to believe people are so persistent in attacking Brewer, who merely defended her dead father. The people who should be attacked, the ones who lied, are the ones who called Brewer's father Hitler! But no one seems to care about that disgusting lie. But it kind of goes along with leftists line of defending the perpetrator and not the victim. Oh well, in the end it doesn't really matter as Brewer and her Illegal Immigrant Law rules!

Old 06-04-2010, 02:11 PM

206 posts, read 193,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Actually, we're reminding people of the opposite -- of the very words that this woman chose to say
No, no, no. It is YOUR brain that sees those words the way you do and that is on purpose. You guys are going nuts because this type of stuff is all you got anymore.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfles View Post
No, no, no. It is YOUR brain that sees those words the way you do and that is on purpose. You guys are going nuts because this type of stuff is all you got anymore.
No, this thread is about this woman's lie, and the poor folks who defend it.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:14 PM

206 posts, read 193,961 times
Quote:
There was no lie, only in your head is there shadows of a lie echoing around.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:15 PM

683 posts, read 428,840 times
Quote:
No it's not, it never was and it won't be tomorrow. This thread is about illegal immigration because if it wasn't for the law that she signed the statement about her being Hitler never would have been said and she never would have had to make a reply. She is being attacked and those who support her know it.

You saying that this has nothing to do with her stance on illegal immigration is 100 times more a lie than what she said about her father ever could be. Would you like to continue to lie about this?

Old 06-04-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
No it's not, it never was and it won't be tomorrow. This thread is about illegal immigration
Um no, see title, topic and substance of posts.
Quote:
because if it wasn't for the law that she signed the statement about her being Hitler never would have been said and she never would have had to make a reply. She is being attacked and those who support her know it.
If she hadn't lied, no one could attack her for lying, now could they?

Most people learn this when they're about four years old, but....

Quote:
You saying that this has nothing to do with her stance on illegal immigration is 100 times more a lie than what she said about her father ever could be.
How so?

Old 06-04-2010, 02:19 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
This thread is an example of how extremists will resort to embarrassing arguments to defend their side. Both sides engage in this so I'm not picking on right wing extremists in general, but I am picking on them in this particular example.

There is no argument. She clearly lied. The evidence is there. She said her father died fighting the Nazi regime in Germany. I'm not claiming she lied about her father dying in Germany but how did the Nazi's kill him? How did he die as a result of the war? He didn't so she lied. It's that simple.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:20 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,607 times
Quote:
No it's not, it never was and it won't be tomorrow. This thread is about illegal immigration because if it wasn't for the law that she signed the statement about her being Hitler never would have been said and she never would have had to make a reply. She is being attacked and those who support her know it.

You saying that this has nothing to do with her stance on illegal immigration is 100 times more a lie than what she said about her father ever could be. Would you like to continue to lie about this?
If she would have never lied this thread would never have been created. End of story. I don't see any threads about Lou Dobbs lying about his papa in a hand to hand combat with Hitler.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:23 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
If my father made bombs during the war and contacted a disease that killed him years later?
In my mind I would feel he had helped to fight the war and the Nazi's were responsible for his death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies