Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 06:42 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,778,271 times

Advertisements

Obama rips GOP on economy, looks ahead to midterm elections - CNN.com

"The president also used the oil spill crisis in the Gulf of Mexico to advance his alternative energy agenda Wednesday, calling it a warning that America needs to transition away from dependence on fossil fuels."

BUT...remember?..

Obama Offshore Drilling Announcement: Everything You Need To Know

"Obama's move allows drilling from Delaware to central Florida, plus the northern waters of Alaska, and exploration could begin 50 miles off the coast of Virginia by 2012. He also wants Congress to lift a drilling ban in the oil-rich eastern Gulf of Mexico, 125 miles from Florida beaches."

Looks like the elite puppet-masters do have control of another President. Was the Oil Spill planned? or do you think it just happened and they just can't seem to fill a hole in the earth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 07:31 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,496,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Looks like the elite puppet-masters do have control of another President. Was the Oil Spill planned? or do you think it just happened and they just can't seem to fill a hole in the earth?
I honestly wouldn't doubt anything at this point. Taking a look back over the past year and a half, we have seen quite a few conspiratorial events that have raised a red flag in my mind.

The two notable ones I can think of was the massive Toyota recall starting in January of this year, and now the oil spill.

Both events have proven beneficial to promoting, in some way shape or form, the agenda of the current administration. The Toyota incident, which to this day has steadily boosted domestic auto sales and taken part of the market share back. And now the oil leak, of which the timing seems very bizarre to me.

Its hard to say if there is anything tangible here, but it does make you wonder given the timing and obvious implications of these events. There is a part of me that believes the American public is being shielded from some high level stuff going on right now.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:35 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,707,557 times
bp has done nothing but lie,, read this quote by bp

bp quote The latest attempt to control the leak is considered risky because slicing away a section of the 20-inch-wide riser could remove kinks in the pipe and temporarily increase the flow of oil by as much as 20 percent. The cap could be placed over the spill as early as Wednesday.

well i have seen every angle of that riser pipe. the 20 inch riser pipe is like 80 to 90 percent kinked, crimped, pinched what ever you want to call it. and last night i watched live the cutting of the riser pipe when the saw got stuck. ok how does one come up with a 20 percent increase.. when the pipe is already 80 percent or more crimped. anybody with some common sence can see the math does not add up. bp is cutting the riser pipe like 8 inces above the flange conection where there are no crimps kinks or pinched areas on the pipe. the area that they are cutting is 100 percent intact with the whole 20 inch diamiter all the way round in circumference so this in it self would add a 80 percent increase at the current rates,, so lets just say one million gallons of oil are leaking every 24 hours. plus the new 80 percent increase in flow when the final cut on the riser is made.. it will increase the flow rate to 5 million gallons a day. or like 5 times the increse per day from current flow rate

that was some tricky wording they did in that bp quote saying it could remove kinks in the pipe........>>> well i can assure you they are removing 100 percent of all kinks, crimps, pinches in the stub cut .. it will release 100 percent of the oil in the gushing well.. just more bp lies when will it stop..!!!!

Last edited by cruxan; 06-02-2010 at 09:49 PM..

Old 06-02-2010, 09:52 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,179,208 times
"Never let a good crisis go to waste." And what the hell, help the crisis along and make it worse if it will further your agenda.

I posted on another thread what a geologist friend of mine told me.....that BP had been dispersing the oil-eating bacteria in the area to help clean up the oil but the federal government made them stop because "it might be a danger to wildlife".

Old 06-02-2010, 10:15 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,530,354 times
This article will give you new insight on the whole thing. There are alot of links to follow thru out the entire page.

Bombshell expose'. The real reason the oil still flows into the Gulf of Mexico

Old 06-02-2010, 10:45 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,906,379 times
Copy and paste this address into your browser. It's a live feed focused on the BOP that isn't appearing in the live BP feed. The sheer volume spilling out is just terrifying.

mms://a246.l9789249182.c97892.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/246/97892/v0001/reflector:49182

Edit: Hmm, BP just updated their site and are now including multiple streams:

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...tentId=7062605

The Skandi link shows the BOP and dispersant being released. Good ol' chemical soup.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:58 PM

Thanks for the links guys and all of the responses....I cannot prove everything as of yet, but something is fishy about this whole turn of events ever since the President announced he was for off-shore drilling in the gulf back in April along with other things I've seen in the links above just now. I have to go back and research a little more now.

I actually watched what they were saying on NBC nightly news to see the spin they had on things and they had a story about one of the wives of an engineer who died on the oil rig when it exploded.

She said that her husband was on the phone with her as things were taking place that day when it exploded.

She also said that her husband didn't want to talk too much because the walls were thin, and the BP people were in the next room and he mentioned of how he thought they were making some bad decisions that might cause something to go wrong, but he couldn't go on into detail and would tell her when he got home.

This link only works if you have an account with nbc.com but here is the story I was referring to. I'll try to get a better link.
http://nightly.newsvine.com/_video/2010/06/02/4453538-oil-rig-workers-widow-jason-was-the-most-wonderful-man (broken link)

Old 06-02-2010, 11:10 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,090,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Thanks for the links guys and all of the responses....I cannot prove everything as of yet, but something is fishy about this whole turn of events ever since the President announced he was for off-shore drilling in the gulf back in April along with other things I've seen in the links above just now. I have to go back and research a little more now.

I actually watched what they were saying on NBC nightly news to see the spin they had on things and they had a story about one of the wives of an engineer who died on the oil rig when it exploded.

She said that her husband was on the phone with her as things were taking place that day when it exploded.

She also said that her husband didn't want to talk too much because the walls were thin, and the BP people were in the next room and he mentioned of how he thought they were making some bad decisions that might cause something to go wrong, but he couldn't go on into detail and would tell her when he got home.

This link only works if you have an account with nbc.com but here is the story I was referring to. I'll try to get a better link.
http://nightly.newsvine.com/_video/2010/06/02/4453538-oil-rig-workers-widow-jason-was-the-most-wonderful-man (broken link)
Was it this?

Oil rig worker's widow speaks out - Bing Video (http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/oil-rig-workers-widow-speaks-out/6c6jgm9 - broken link)

Nice try about an Obama conspiracy... I guess this will become another RW urban legend

Old 06-02-2010, 11:16 PM

Here is a good link to the story I was referring about....Hulu - NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: Oil Rig Worker's Widow Speaks Out (http://www.hulu.com/watch/153641/nbc-nightly-news-with-brian-williams-oil-rig-workers-widow-speaks-out - broken link)

Old 06-02-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Was it this?

Oil rig worker's widow speaks out - Bing Video (http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/oil-rig-workers-widow-speaks-out/6c6jgm9 - broken link)

Nice try about an Obama conspiracy... I guess this will become another RW urban legend

Well I don't know "Was it this?" but I can tell you what this is....lol

It is not Obama pulling strings here. He is a puppet just like Bush. He isn't going against what his puppet masters are telling him to do though. I am merely saying to look at the facts and study on your own. Too many things aren't adding up right now. I feel there is something much bigger at hand then the oil spill itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies