Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:54 PM

470 posts, read 1,155,546 times

Advertisements

"Good at what??"
What is Glenn Beck's "talent" supposed to be,exactly?

Complaining?
Whining?
Personal attacks?

If THOSE items are his "talent" then I suppose he could be considered by some to be "good."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 10:54 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner71 View Post
You guys worship him like he's your beloved jeebus

if you are looking for anything resembling critical thinking with this crowd you came to the wrong place.

life is so much easier in black and white, with the Radio Gods filling your brain.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I think Beck is great, we should implement and listen to everything. The first thing would be to eliminate socialized medicine. Sucks that people pay any taxes to those, especially when they raise taxes so retirees won't have their benefits shortened when costs increased.

Oh wait, wasn't there a thread by you complaining about Medicare benefits being cut so taxes wouldn't be raised?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...re-but-me.html
You didn't watch even 30 seconds of this one, but then I knew you wouldn't. Forced ignorance is such a sad thing to witness.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Once a week you start a thread about what was on Beck's show. This would be called SPAM at most places.
I think that the only one who has seen the show today replied with some intelligent remarks about this one but then you are so up on the history of Israel that you don't need to watch things like this.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Who?
Don't ever take a chance that a click of the mouse could prove to you that you don't really know your -------- from page 9. Continue to wallow in your ignorance that you force on yourself. I try to help you people wake up and you just won't accept any help.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:12 PM

814 posts, read 670,336 times
I tried to stomach his show yesterday and had to laugh at the end. The show appeared to be huge propaganda special on how there is this line drawn in the sand on people that supported the man on the moon vs woodstock. Are you kidding me?? What's it been 40 years? times are different we now have a third of the country is in the middle. He also had this chalk board up with rules on how to live and treat each other. #4 "take care of each other" I had to laugh since the GOP's have voted against almost every single bill. "Take care of each other" this coming from someone in the GOP camp that does not offer solutions to long term unemployment or a job policy for the lower/middle class and has voted against extending deadlines every time! Did we forget Bush started extensions at 6% and now you want to stop them at 10%?

I really tried to get my head around his show and give it a chance, but he just seemed to be reaching the entire show. I can see how his voice could be hypnotic to some. A bit scary considering he talks to his audience like they are in kindergarten.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
Have you ever heard of Iraq??
Another non-mouse clicker has responded.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
You guys worship him like he's your beloved jeebus
Not so at all. Just trying to allow you to know some real truth but you are afraid to learn since it didn't come from a prog.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus View Post
"Good at what??"
What is Glenn Beck's "talent" supposed to be,exactly?

Complaining?
Whining?
Personal attacks?

If THOSE items are his "talent" then I suppose he could be considered by some to be "good."
Great job of telling me that you are still in the same state of knowing about Israel and its history that you were before you opened this thread. Wouldn't you like to learn something now and then? You could from today's Beck show but you are afraid it might not appear like what you have been told about him.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
if you are looking for anything resembling critical thinking with this crowd you came to the wrong place.

life is so much easier in black and white, with the Radio Gods filling your brain.
Now just what critical thoughts do you have about the lesson Beck taught today? You didn't watch when it would have taken only 18 minutes to get the meat of things? I wonder just what it is that you are afraid of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies