Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 03:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
The fact that he has a political show that gives "personal" opinions on world views from a high school background is comical at best. Again he's an exaggerated "personality" with clear intent on being an entrepreneur. If he really cared about about his issues he would have got past the 12th grade(.) Your being misled along with the other viewers.
OK, smart assed person call me out. I have an MS degree and enough more hours in history to have another BS and in history. I know that what the man says is true when he talks about history. I see no proof from you about that kind of thing other than those Media Matters type words about his education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 03:54 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I get my history lessons from people who's studied it, aka professors and alike, preferably several.

Too bad since it has been proven many of those professors rewrite history to agree with their agenda.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
The video is merely a tiny, isolated snippet out of context. I'd like to see the whole video in it's entirety. Naturally Beck's video doesn't show what happened prior to that moment and what happened after that.

So it's out of context.

As for his " historical accuracy " ....that's questionable and suspect. I mean, listening to Beck in that video ...he spends 75% of the video being an Israel cheerleader and then runs through a basic, and some times tilted (sometimes inaccurate) rant.
You did what I wanted to hear a lib do when you accused the man of being inaccurate. I pointed out that he had said 1917 instead of 1914. Now please point out any other inaccuracies he performed. I heard none but then probably I know nothing about the history of the Jews since WW II. Go ahead and tell me just one inaccuracy. Saying it the way you did is so Media Matters like.

Did you see those men rappelling down to the ship from the hovering helicopter? Maybe they came down from a cloud but somehow I doubt that.

The video Beck showed is just the one that Fox had been showing for two days. How many other sources have you seen it on up to now? None, I think.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:58 PM

814 posts, read 669,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
So anyone that was born in the 1960s and didn't go to college can't have a "well formed complete understanding of the world" LOLs.
LOL I'm all ears please tell me of his life experiences.

Quote:
I was born in the 60s. And I went to college. I have a much better understanding of the world from what I have learned outside of college. You must be a new graduate that looks down on anyone that didn't go to college. I've met your type. Usually pretty ignorant about the way the world really works. It aint like a textbook out here. And you're not gonna get very far in the "real" world with that kind of attitude.

You sound like an elitist snob. And not a very good one. You should try and hide it a little more.
You are really missing the point. I think people that have a big platform should have BIG education or BIG experience. Just my opinion I would like to see your party better represented.

The funny part in all this is I didn't go to college and chose life experience. Sorry the peg didn't quite fit the hole on that one.

Quote:
Who said only people on the left had substance abuse problems? LOL.s Sounds to me like you are the one that doesn't a well formed complete understanding of things if you have issues with people that solved their problem.

Most alcoholics ignore their problem and die. But you want to hold alcoholism against Beck? Shows your lack of maturity and it tells me you aren't even worth talking to anymore. Beck had a problem that caused him serious trouble and would have eventually killed him. He did something about it. Anyone that takes shots at that is pretty much an %^&*%$#*.

Buh-Bye.
Sorry for generalizing it strayed from the point, I was trying to be playful. Since it's common for right wingers to say left wingers are part of the "Woodstock" generation. Oh wait did you not watch the episode the other day when Beck clearly tried drawing a line in the sand between people that watched the landing on the moon vs. people that went to Woodstock?? Your boy is a clown and his makeup wore off long ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you used one of those things lately? Try it. You might like it.
I prefer a computer, it allows me to get my thoughts down faster and they don't have to be erased

I guess your boy couldn't read the cue cards and needed better visual aid? Either that or he thinks his viewer's need it LOL which is it?

Old 06-03-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I get my history lessons from people who's studied it, aka professors and alike, preferably several.

Why do you think it's fear of the truth?

Is it incomprehensible to you that some people simply thinks he's wrong?

He skews facts, sometimes blatantly lies, draws some links and conclusions that are so far fetched you practically have to take a shot of acid beforehand for it to make sense as well as appeal to emotions instead of reason.

I'm not afraid of "the truth", I disagree with his version of reality, as colorful and vivid as it seems to be.

...Oh, and Southward bound, I think you need to read up on how democracy works again.
Those who think Beck is wrong are mostly those who have never watched his show but that the words of HuffPo, MM, TP, Kos and others about what he is saying. You tell me how that amounts to knowing about him skewing facts without any proof of same.

I used to take the words of professors when I was in college about nearly everything but today I try to put their words to work studying what is going on. You should try that. Beck uses his staff to research things and you don't research at all unless you are in college and ask left leaning profs what they think.

Actually I feel sorry for you.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:05 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
LOL I'm all ears please tell me of his life experiences.

You are really missing the point. I think people that have a big platform should have BIG education or BIG experience. Just my opinion I would like to see your party better represented.

The funny part in all this is I didn't go to college and chose life experience. Sorry the peg didn't quite fit the hole on that one.

Sorry for generalizing it strayed from the point, I was trying to be playful. Since it's common for right wingers to say left wingers are part of the "Woodstock" generation. Oh wait did you not watch the episode the other day when Beck clearly tried drawing a line in the sand between people that watched the landing on the moon vs. people that went to Woodstock?? Your boy is a clown and his makeup wore off long ago!

I prefer a computer, it allows me to get my thoughts down faster and they don't have to be erased

I guess your boy couldn't read the cue cards and needed better visual aid? Either that or he thinks his viewer's need it LOL which is it?
Sorry the peg doesn't quite fit the hole in your generalizations about me. I'm not a republican or a right-winger. I'm an anarchist.

And I hardly ever watch Beck. I used to when he was on CNN Headline News. I thought him and Dobbs were refreshing.

Funny, left-wingers never mentioned Beck then. Or Dobbs. Or Tucker Carlson when he was on MSNBC. Only when Beck went to FOX did the left all of a sudden have a hissy fit about every little detail of the man's life. Never been able to figure that one out.

And I couldn't tell you Beck's life experiences either. All I know is he grew up in Oregon and is a recovered alcoholic. Guess that doesn't meet your standards of what a talk show host should be.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
True, but you have a lot more knowledge to apply after you've gone to college (or equivalent study). And watching FOX news is not equivalent study.
I had a minor in history on my BS and have over 45 hours in addition from studying to keep my teaching certificate in effect. How many hours would it take for one to know a little something about history? How many books would one have to read to know something. I took one summer course in which we read and discussed an entire book each of 4 days of the week. We attended that one for 8 weeks. Quite a few books, wouldn't you say? I loved every minute of it. My prof hated me for wanting 4 hours of credit because we could have held it to two books a week.

I find Beck to be pretty well up on what he tells although I am sure that Media Matters wouldn't agree often and I know why.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:07 PM

814 posts, read 669,980 times
Quote:
OK, smart assed person call me out. I have an MS degree and enough more hours in history to have another BS and in history. I know that what the man says is true when he talks about history. I see no proof from you about that kind of thing other than those Media Matters type words about his education.
AGAIN your missing the point.

This clown has a panel of writers that helps put his shows together because he DOES NOT have the education nor life experience to do it on his own! The only times he gets into the news is when he acts like a clown and "sensationalizes" his show ala the Obama incident!

Is it wrong to want better representation on such a big platform? Are his viewers so loyal that they don't know any better?? I guess open mindedness has always been the downfall of the right.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I stopped paying attention to Beck's version of history when he started claiming that the Winged Liberty Dime was Woodrow Wilson's attempt to promote fascism in America.
You don't dislike Wilson for the same reason Beck and I don't. Now you know about coins but how much about Wilson that wasn't written in the past 25 years do you know? Progressives writing about the head progressive of the century.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:08 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,763 times
Quote:
I had a minor in history on my BS and have over 45 hours in addition from studying to keep my teaching certificate in effect. How many hours would it take for one to know a little something about history? How many books would one have to read to know something. I took one summer course in which we read and discussed an entire book each of 4 days of the week. We attended that one for 8 weeks. Quite a few books, wouldn't you say? I loved every minute of it. My prof hated me for wanting 4 hours of credit because we could have held it to two books a week.

I find Beck to be pretty well up on what he tells although I am sure that Media Matters wouldn't agree often and I know why.
You get the impression that some people think one must go to college to know anything? LOLs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies