Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

I wonder if he will be able to perform this on on TV two years from now. I doubt it unless Fox stays alive and that won't be easy.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 11:00 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
How did you get by all these years without Glenn Beck to tell you how to think?

Just curious.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
How did you get by all these years without Glenn Beck to tell you how to think?

Just curious.
Did Glenn Beck tell me to watch that one? Naw, an old Army buddy sent it to me in an E-mail and I'll bet you haven't heard it clear through yet.

Now Beck did give a fine historical update about Israel and how it came about today that you should watch. Naw, you don't want to know about all that stuff when acting like you know is so much more fun.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:17 PM

It's the pattern -- "Will Jon Voight be able to say this in two years?" "Will Ray Stevens be able to sing this in two years?" and the grousing about the FCC guy -- just comes across as another Glennie overdose.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
What is up with all these Threads, and will you, could you, in 2 years, boring, non original, and stale. Unless the Earth Ends in 2 yrs, which i hopefully doubt, i think, in 2 years, we still will be able to talk, to walk, to -----, disagree with each other, and to think for ourselves. Unless we lose freedom of expression, and freedom to think.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:44 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Will Ray be allowed to sing that song in two years? Yes.

Will you still be clinging to these same paranoid beliefs in two years, even though you'll have been proven wrong? Probably (if Beck says so, at least).

Old 06-02-2010, 11:55 PM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
The lefties who try to tell everyone else how to live their lives are at it again. This time they want to attack free speech. If we want to live in a totalitarian society, we should let these jerks have their way. It's bad enough the biggest suppresors of free speech are college campuses.

"The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is being urged to monitor "hate speech" on talk radio and cable broadcast networks. A coalition of more than 30 organizations argue in a letter to the FCC that the Internet has made it harder for the public to separate the facts from bigotry masquerading as news. The groups also charge that syndicated radio and cable television programs "masquerading as news" use hate as a profit model."

Groups want FCC to police hate speech on talk radio, cable news networks - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

Old 06-03-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The lefties who try to tell everyone else how to live their lives are at it again. This time they want to attack free speech. If we want to live in a totalitarian society, we should let these jerks have their way. It's bad enough the biggest suppresors of free speech are college campuses.

"The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is being urged to monitor "hate speech" on talk radio and cable broadcast networks. A coalition of more than 30 organizations argue in a letter to the FCC that the Internet has made it harder for the public to separate the facts from bigotry masquerading as news. The groups also charge that syndicated radio and cable television programs "masquerading as news" use hate as a profit model."

Groups want FCC to police hate speech on talk radio, cable news networks - The Hill's Hillicon Valley
The FCC hears from these groups all the time, from both ends of the spectrum and every point in between. The FCC is not going to impede freedom of speech, dont worry. In fact it's supposed to be loosening the stranglehold the few huge media corporations have on radio (soon ).

The right wing, however....

Republicans Form 'Media Fairness Caucus' to Fight Liberal Bias | NewsBusters.org

(P.S. There's already a thread on this )

Old 06-03-2010, 03:23 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

You know, I don't mind people getting on the radio, and spewing all kinds of filth, no matter what side they are on.

However, IF their broadcasts can be linked to some form of illegal activity, or was the catalyst for some type of hate activity, then the broadcaster should be fined outright.

Do you remember when the news was mostly, just the news? Now we have news outlets that try to slant the news one way or another. And the justification for Fox news slanting is "well the rest of the media is liberal", which is like saying

"Its ok for me to hate Mexicans, because everyone else hates Blacks".

And I don't believe that all of the other media is biased. Yes, some of the opinion shows are biased, but when I watch the nightly news, most of the time its just the news. They've been pretty hard on our current President lately, and lets be honest, the last President deserved to be scrutinized.

But you get idiots on TV saying stuff like "Don't retreat, reload", and "Thats not my America", and "I understand why you are angry", those are all a radical mind needs as justification to do something stupid.

Words have consequences when you're in the national spotlight. If the President came on TV tomorrow and said "Its the job of every American to run illegal immigrants out of the country" he would be responsible for letting mob rule happen.

You don't give an idiot with a gun an excuse, ever. You may disagree with the Presidents policies, thats fine. And I know saying "I disagree with healthcare because I believe it will cost to much, and do to little" isn't catchy, but, thats no reason to say things like "don't retreat, reload".

Old 06-03-2010, 03:41 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,601 times
Great threads, Roysoldboy. Creative way to make a point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies