Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:22 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Where are the legions of volunteers to help clean up these birds and other wildlife?

Dying, dead marine wildlife paint dark, morbid picture of Gulf Coast following oil spill

Quote:
"When we found this dolphin it was filled with oil. Oil was just pouring out of it. It was the saddest darn thing to look at," said a BP contract worker who took the Daily News on a surreptitious tour of the wildlife disaster unfolding in Louisiana.
Cover-up going on for sure.

We can understand why BP and the administration would want ot keep the pictures to a minimum.

Quote:
The grasses by the shore were littered with tarred marine life, some dead and others struggling under a thick coating of crude.
Quote:
The uninhabited barrier islands are surrounded by yellow floating booms, also stained black, that are supposed to keep the oil out. It's not working.
Is that ALL they have done? Put booms around and left the area?

This is just disgraceful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 10:14 PM

Where is the friggin help for these creatures?

Where are all the environmentalists that traditionally descend on such a tragedy?

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...n_the_oil.html

Old 06-03-2010, 10:24 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Where is the friggin help for these creatures?

Where are all the environmentalists that traditionally descend on such a tragedy?

Caught in the oil - The Big Picture - Boston.com
Read a newspaper.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:25 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
This is an OUTRAGE. If I could do anything to help, I certainly would.

It is just insane that people use this to make a political point. Just very sad...

Old 06-03-2010, 10:27 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
1. Is that really you Sanrene? What ever happened to drill baby drill?

2. The police and other LEAs are stopping environmentalists and the press for that matter from reaching many of the effective areas. BP from what I understand has turned away volunteers from the area claiming their people will do all the "cleanup" (cover-up).

Old 06-03-2010, 10:31 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

This is an OUTRAGE. If I could do anything to help, I certainly would.

It is just insane that people use this to make a political point. Just very sad...
I so agree with you.

What exactly can anyone do for the wildlife that is not being done already?

Sadly, this problem is not going to just go away when they get the oil flow stopped.

Last edited by World Citizen; 06-03-2010 at 10:50 PM..

Old 06-03-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
1. Is that really you Sanrene? What ever happened to drill baby drill?

2. The police and other LEAs are stopping environmentalists and the press for that matter from reaching many of the effective areas. BP from what I understand has turned away volunteers from the area claiming their people will do all the "cleanup" (cover-up).
So, another that would like to ban all domestic drilling. Do you realize what that would do to our economy? No, probably not.

Then where is the media CRYING FOUL? Why aren't they telling the public that BP and the administration are engaged in a cover-up?

Old 06-03-2010, 10:42 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So, another that would like to ban all domestic drilling. Do you realize what that would do to our economy? No, probably not.

Then where is the media CRYING FOUL? Why aren't they telling the public that BP and the administration are engaged in a cover-up?
I am not trying to ban all domestic drilling just drilling off North Carolina...because yes I do not want to risk a Gulf sized spill off the Outer Banks so someone in Chicago can get $.02 cheaper gas...What other states do is not my business since I don't live there.

As to where is the media MSNBC has been doing special coverage on this for quite a while. As to why Fox news is not crying foul...I don't know I do not watch them

Old 06-03-2010, 10:45 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
What cover up?

That's all we see on the news... oil pouring into the ocean right off our country's coast, dead wildlife, devastation of our southern beaches, fishermen who fear their livelihood is gone forever.... BP has been exposed for their business practices. People have already been replaced who worked in the government agency who should have been closely monitoring BP's drilling operation and safety.

What exactly is it that you want to see that's not being shown, Sanrene???

What exactly is it that you want the administration to do?

Last edited by World Citizen; 06-03-2010 at 11:09 PM..

Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I am not trying to ban all domestic drilling just drilling off North Carolina...because yes I do not want to risk a Gulf sized spill off the Outer Banks so someone in Chicago can get $.02 cheaper gas...What other states do is not my business since I don't live there.

As to where is the media MSNBC has been doing special coverage on this for quite a while. As to why Fox news is not crying foul...I don't know I do not watch them
You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Finish up school and work in the real world for a little while; then we'll talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies